{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo & Messi's Top Ten Keys to Success
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

enter image description here

enter image description here

You can watch the full videos and their explanations here, but these pictures are a summary of what they said their keys to success were throughout their career.

Comments
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Very inspiring. Both.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Man, everytime I read or see stuff about Ronaldo, I swear I have newfound respect for him. I swear he is actually a much deeper individual than the media make him out to be. He seem like a pretty good guy but a tough team-mate, after all, if he is competitive and love to enjoy the moment, there is not doubt in my mind he love to make banter with his team-mate. :P

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

@Emo: hehehe, I dislike him for so many reasons including his desire for success (that makes him a total jerk sometimes and I truely feel sorry for his teammates during those moments), but I respect him and enjoy his games as much as any football fans.

wescarlyon 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 0 22

@tuan_jinn - Ronaldo’s desire for success is what’s made him an integral inclusion in the footballing hall of fame. He’s already, a living legend, a title only a select few could claim: Messi, Totti…! If it wasn’t for his desire to succeed at the highest level he wouldn’t be anywhere near as quality as he is today. Consider the fact he’s scored more than 60 goals a season for the past 6 seasons consecutively.

Over his six years with United, he matured from an inexperienced younger winger in 2003 into officially the world’s best footballer on the planet in 2009. His first 3 seasons at Man Utd weren’t all that special either – a goal tally of 18. It was only due to his desire to succeed by dedication to rigorous training, plus natural skill and mind-set that he has achieved what he has.

Ronaldo will always be remembered.

wescarlyon 8 years ago

This is not a rant at you @tuan_jinn but just my general view on ronaldo

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

Absolutely, that's a correct view.

His desire and his self conscious are what make him among the very best. Just a thing, because of that sometime he goes over the top and that to me I strongly dislike. I played with a friend like that, and I hate it, make me nervous everytime, afraid of being blamed... but of course professionals handle such thing better than me.

Again, I dont hate him, and I always put him among the bests in history

wescarlyon 8 years ago

That's true - I have to agree. He can be extremely arrogant.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

For CR's I just dont agree witha couple of his "rules"

First one would be, Always take on new challenges. He talks about his moves and the fact it has never been about the contract or stuff like that but it seems to me that since he got to RM this is not the case. He's had his contract renewed plenty of times and he hasn't really taken on any new challenges since, he seems to be in a confort zone.

The second one is about being a team player. I know this is and old topic but I just can't understand how people still see him as a true team player. Even in the reasoning behind this rule of his it seems ironic how he talks about the team and himself as the individual.

As for Messi's

One of my biggest criticisms towards him is his resign from the Argentinian National team. This on itself goes against Seize every Opportunity, Dream Big, Always aim for more and even being grateful. It might just be me but I hated the fact he resigned that way while being the captain in such a difficult moment.

Golefty 8 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@ Emobot7 agreed , Everybody is always criticizing him for not celebrating his teammates goals or assisting. I believe he is just a very focused individual, and his passing is unbelievable. Some coaches do not even smile when their team scores...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@ Emobot7 agreed , Everybody is always criticizing him for not ,and his passing celebrating his teammates goals or assisting. I believe he is just a very focused individual, and his passing is unbelievable. Some coaches do not even smile when there team scores...

@ Emobot7 agreed , Everybody is always criticizing him for not celebrating his teammates goals or assisting. I believe he is just a very focused individual, and his passing is unbelievable. Some coaches do not even smile when there team scores...

Golefty 8 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@ Tuanis , i do beleive messi will return to Argentina, did he not leave because of corruption and mishandling of money, i think when Argentinas flights or busses were delayed it was the last straw and he had enough of the Argentinian FA. Why play for a country when their interests are in money and not sport. I could not see Messi Leaving for any other reason than protest at his age.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

"He's had his contract renewed plenty of times and he hasn't really taken on any new challenges since, he seems to be in a confort zone."

Lol, yeah he should just leave Real Madrid and go back to a trash team like United to try and win trophies. That's like criticizing Messi for staying loyal to Barcelona. He's won two Champions Leagues with Real Madrid and scored a monstrous amount of goals. Why would he ever even think about leaving? Stupidest criticism I have heard in a while.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

@Tuanis: got your points but the part on his contract renewal and new challenge things are utterly unreasonable

Tuanis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He is the one who justified moving from United to RM because he wanted to try new things. Messi was born in the team and that is what we call Loyalty, Messi isn't saying his key to success is taking on new challenges as Ronaldo did. I dont have anything against him or his decision of staying there but why would that be one of his rules for success then? He hasn't really taken any new challenges has he? And he's always been very keen on signing not even contract extensions but renewals that raise his wage.
Am I not understanding this one rule he has? How would you guys say it apply today as his rule for success? He won a CL with United and went to look for a new challenge at Madrid, now he won CL twice so does his principle only apply one way?

• History

He is the one who justified moving from United to RM because he wanted to try new things. Messi was born in the team and that is what we call Loyalty, Messi isn't saying his key to success is taking on new challenges as Ronaldo did. I dont have anything against him or his decision of staying there but why would that be one of his rules for success then? He hasn't really taken any new challenges has he? And he's always been very keen on signing not even contract extensions but renewals that raise his wage.
Am I not understanding this one rule he has? How would you guys say it apply today as his rule for success? He won a CL with United and went to look for a new challenge at Madrid, now he won CL twice so does his principle one apply one way?

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Haha I'm done. This has got to be the funniest criticism I have ever seen of Ronaldo. Your hate for him runs deep.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Tuanis To be fair, its not really his rule, it more like a set of rule inspired by what the player have said in previous interview. His policy could have changed for all we know. But really, someone should make a Fifa serie out of it, having Cristiano Ronaldo moving to all of the worst club in the world in hope of finding a worthy challenge. Am I the only who think it would be fun. XD

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@tuanis Ronaldo himself said he plays for the team, no one says that he is selfish except fans who just do not like him.

Ronaldo is one assist away from being the player with the most assist in UCL history.

He is 6th for the most assist in the past 5 seasons (2010-2015) = 55 assist.

Ronaldo barely even has the most ball possession in the team, he averages from 1.5 to 3.6 average ball possession. How on earth can you name a guy like him selfish, for what raising an arm when a team mate scores? Celebrates when he scores a goal? Basically there is not much of a proof you can get to prove he is selfish, all you can get is guesses.

People nowadays are denying the fact that he has it all. You can bring up stories, images, or stuff outside the pitch, but you can't just ignore that he is one of the greats.

I know this is off topic, but Messi's hat trick against City wasn't that much, like its no different than Ronaldo's hattrick against Malmao. Those defensive errors from city were pathetic, not even the Malmo defence dose that. Everyone is praising Messi's hattrick, but he had a goal from a defensive error, a goal when the City were 10 men, and a tap in which also came from an error. heck City's defensive performance was below than a relegation la liga team.

Messi retiring decision was all on Argentina football federation and their fans, they had given no support whatsoever and only pressure the man himself. Pique decided to retire on the same condition as well.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited

@rayrex: his assist stats doesnt mean much. A player in a strong teams like those elites has relatively higher stats is normal. The selfishness is counted on numerous of times a player try to take glory for himself. He's a selfish player, period, but for a very good reason and he delivers, that's what matter.

Saying Messi's hat trick against MC wasn't that much is reasonable, but comparing them to Malmao is ridiculous. In high intense game, to pull off something nice is very difficult, the same goes for errors, you got nervous and booom, you pay the price. The reason why people talk about Ronaldo and Messi because they do it game in game out, week in week out... you can blame the sucky defense all you want but the fact is they fear to face the 2 and got nervous every damn time.

An example is Arsenal game, despite played awesome football, can Walcott and Ozil made those awesome shots with elites opponent? no, hardly. The confident, comfortable in the game plays a very important key to pull those off.

• History

@rayrex: his assist stats doesnt mean much. A player in a strong teams like those elites has relatively higher stats is normal. The selfishness is counted on numerous of times a player try to take glory for himself. He's a selfish player, period, but for a very good reason and he delivers, that's what matter.

Saying Messi's hat trick against MC wasn't that much is reasonable, but comparing them to Malmao is ridiculous. In high intense game, to pull off something nice is very difficult, the same goes for errors, you got nervous and booom, you pay the price.

An example is Arsenal game, despite played awesome football, can Walcott and Ozil made those awesome shots with elites opponent? no, hardly. The confident, comfortable in the game plays a very important key to pull those off.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@tuan I guess you are right, but his selfishness has decreased a lot, you can't deny that and I may have gone a bit too far and my comment must have seem to downgrade messi's performance. Messi was in fact phenomenal, though the first goal was a defenders error, I admire his run before making the pass to iniesta, he was tackled by 2 defenders and was still on his feet, this wizard is really something.

I also agree about the fact of the game intensity, big games like these are intense and this cause tons of pressure on the players.