Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Hell, maybe even Isco.

Cool story bro

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Lol, we know sun we know. You don't rate Isco that high. XD

By the way, I reallize I might have been a bit sour and bias before in my statement and I would like to excuse myself for that. When I took the time to think about it, I did realize that some of my complain were childish and immature, will its true Ronaldo propably wouldn't have win the ballon d'or without his team winning CL, the inverse is also true, Real propably wouldn't have won CL without Ronaldo, so it make sense to give him the price, as he was the best player (in term of making the difference in attack) in the best team in europe last season. I take back most of what I said and excuse myself for my previous complain. Congrats to Ronaldo, one of the best player of all time who won it like we all know he would. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sunflash Lol, we know sun we know. XD

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

This award has turned more into a team performance award than anything else. Ronaldo have played for the best team in the 4 recent years, and have then won 4 of the 5 latest ballon dors.

Because he was the best player, without him Real doesn't win anything. Funny that you as Juve fan is so biased as well, when Messi in 2 games vs Juve couldn't do shit but Ronaldo in 1 game scored twice in the final and made your defense look average, fact is his run in the knockout phase was the most dominant of any player in the last 15 years.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

When Messi wins, it's because he led his team to titles.
When Ronaldo wins, it's because his team won titles and he just happened to be tagging along.

See the lunacy? This is why I don't come around to this forum as much anymore. People don't even state grounded opinions anymore, it's mostly just biased bullshit.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, they are plenty of Messi hater who complain when he win stuff, there are less because Ronaldo is much more controversial (personality wise and in term of inconsistent form from time to time). Would be nice if you didn't shot down the whole forum because there still people out there who doesn't like Ronaldo and are vocal about it. As for the reason you don't come around the forum, I thought it was because you had more stuff to do in real life. Which suck by the way, the forum is missing someone like you pretty badly. :(

@Golazo True that, even if I'm not his biggest fan, I have to say CR7 was best player in the knockout phase for Real last CL season. Key goal against Bayern, Atletico and Juventus, hard to say he only score against small team now. :)

Also, I realize maybe one of the reason its might be annoying for some of us to see Ronaldo winning the ballon d'or is because of the moment he reach his peak in a season normally. I mean, he alway seem much better in the second half of the season, so when he win it toward the end of the year, it doesn't feel like he is playing his best at that moment. What we like to forget is that he will come much stronger as time goes by. :)

• History

@Dynastian Well, they are plenty of Messi hater who complain when he win stuff, there are less because Ronaldo is much more controversial (personality wise and in term of inconsistent form from time to time). Would be nice if you didn't shot down the whole forum because there still people out there who doesn't like Ronaldo and are vocal about it. As for the reason you don't come around the forum, I thought it was because you had more stuff to do in real life. Which suck by the way, the forum is missing someone like pretty badly. :(

@Golazo True that, even if I'm not his biggest fan, I have to say CR7 was best player in the knockout phase for Real last CL season. Key goal against Bayern, Atletico and Juventus, hard to say he only score against small team now. :)

Also, I realize maybe one of the reason its might be annoying for some of us to see Ronaldo winning the ballon d'or is because of the moment he reach his peak in a season normally. I mean, he alway seem much better in the second half of the season, so when he win it toward the end of the year, it doesn't feel like he is playing his best at that moment. What we like to forget is that he will come much stronger as time goes by. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Most of you guys here are younger than 20 years old so for you it's normal to not be impressed by someone like Ronaldo, maybe in 10 years time you will realise that the performance he put on for the world to see in a period of 10 years time deserves respect, people adore some players that had only 1 or 2 good seasons in general.

For older followers of the game it's not normal that a player can score hat-tricks in multiple knockout games in CL, I never underestimate older players fact is I still consider Pele to be the best that ever played but Ronaldo has broken a lot of records everywhere he has played,

In this season he doesn't score much in La Liga and at this point he has scored 288 goals in 275 matches which means that he still has on average around 1 goal per game he plays in La Liga which is just not normal, the guy is 32 years old he has been in top shape for more than a decade I think it's OK that he stops scoring now but younger spectators will trashtalk him not understanding that all players are going to stop performing once they get older, same will happen to Messi, Neymar and so on...

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Popularity contest, still a born winner with a winning mentality, congrats.

But it's still a fucking joke that Mbappe was 7th in this ranking, as much as I like the kids, it's a joke.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

enter image description here

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

If anything, Modric, Ramos or Marcelo deserved it more than Ronaldo. Hell, maybe even Isco.

I don't understand how someone can write this and not see how obviously wrong it is...

You can have any opinion you want, but this is purely written to discredit Ronaldo. And it is fucking annoying. Suddenly Ronaldo's goals in knockout phase and La Liga are fiction? Meanwhile Modric, Marcelo and Ramos carried team by themselves? Do you see how biased you have to be against him to write this?

Isco didn't even break out to first team in last season, and barely played in first half. But he somehow deserves award over CR7, yes.

I think bigger crime is rankings outside of top 2.

Pepeee 6 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Spot on, Croatian. Pupper needs to go dig a hole. Of course, he doesn't actually believe what he's writing. I take it he's sane.

Ronaldo hasn't necessarily played for the best team. But he's made his team the best team. Big difference.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Pepeee I swear I don't want to take anything away from Ronaldo this time but Real is a very good team even without him which could be a challenge for any side. Ronaldo make them much better no doubt but its still worth noting imo.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

The worst thing about posts like this, is how much one gets on another about their opinion. At the end of the day, you might like someone more than another, but the crap talk should be left at the login screen. I get that jokes are jokes, but too often people take things WAY too personal, then start calling each other stupid names. Post your opinion but leave your finger pointing in your pocket……

That said, while I really can’t stand C Ronaldo in how he carries himself on and off the pitch, I must give props where it is due. At some point I really need to evaluate where I consider this man as the world’s best ever, given his accomplishments and the tenure of being at the top of the game.

I recognize his fire and passion to be the best. I understand his goal and have come to appreciate his ambition when he considers his families future. Who else would not want only the best for their family right?

It is harder and harder to just push him aside when I think of the greatest ever. I still have Pele and Messi on my lips so easily, but now mention CR7 under my breath.

The voting and the award has become a sideshow in some ways so it can make it one that many would not consider as a true stature for the global game. It is, however, what we have, so we should come to grips with its process.

Congrats to Ronaldo and Real Madrid. Both deserve credit for their accomplishments.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty +1 :)

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

This Pepeee/Golazo comedy again lol... One account is enough buddy, told you hundred times...

I wont go on eternal debates, my opinion is resumed by two memes... hope i wont get a 2 month ban like i had for sending a meme in a Madrid highlights, a funny one, probably not for fan boys.... i know who did it just abusing his moderating powers since it wasnt offensive nor hateful or trolling...

CR7 worst Calendar season since his arrival at Madrid. if people follow Madrid games a little...

Now dont need to give me 6 month ban for posting a banter meme, if we cannot do it anymore in this place, or state an opposite view with freedom just ask me to leave definitively from this forum... and keep agreeing each others until everyone disappears from here...

• History

This Pepeee/Golazo comedy again lol... One account is enough buddy, told you hundred times...

I wont go on eternal debates, my opinion is resumed by two memes... hope i wont get a 2 month ban like i had for sending a meme in a Madrid thread, a funny one, i know who did it just abusing his moderating powers since it wasnt offensive nor hateful or trolling...

CR7 worst Calendar season since his arrival at Madrid. if people follow Madrid games a little...

Now dont need to give me 6 month ban for posting a banter meme, if we cannot do it anymore in this place, just ask me to leave definitively from this forum...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

For this topic, i agree with Tiki.

I do think Ronaldo deserve the best striker award, not the best individual award. I also complely disagree with whoever says Ronaldo ia the main reason Real got these cups. A lots of his goals came from Real's amazing team work, and other's brilliances too.

Similar to this, as Emobot indicated, when Messi won the award undeservedly, there were as much fans voiced their strong opinions again it. And lots of them were not pure hateful toward the player. Just hate the unfair stupid votes

• History

For this topic, i agree with Tiki

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki @tuan_jinn Great point you two, like I said, Ronaldo is for me best finisher in the world and any other Madrid player might have not scored some of the key goal he scored, however, it is also true that stat-wise he hardly shine as much as some other player, some who've played less game than him a season. Lets not lie, Fifa and UEFA credibility has alway been questioned for a reason. I wish ballon d'or real name would be player of the champion league though or that there were a similar trophy at least, it could save them a lot of trouble imo. Still doesn't take away CR7 had a wicked CL season.

@tiki By the way man, its not a problem to banter from time to time, its just if you do it too much that become a problem. ;)

rayrex7 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@tiki Ronaldo is 2 goals behind messi and 1 assist behind messi. Plus a few games played less.

But won More trophies including the UCL and La liga. He was the best player in the UCL and was a important key to help us win la lig

Your point is?

• History

@tiki Ronaldo is 2 goals behind messi and 1 assist behind messi. Plus a few games played less.

Your point is?

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

It still doesn't change the fact that Messi and Barcelona chocked against Juventus, while Madrid and Ronaldo stomped them in the final. Maybe Messi should have saved some of his goals, assists, dribbles for that Juve tie. Also, when your name is Messi or Ronaldo and your team goes on to win the Champions League and you have a historic performance in the competition, which is what Ronaldo had, then you're pretty much guaranteed the Ballon D'or.
I mean this decision was clear as day, or were you guys expecting Messi to win it?

This is not even nowhere nearly as controversial as in 2010 when Sneijder who had won the treble with Inter, had a brilliant world cup getting to the finals with Netherlands and finished as the top scorer in the competition, did not even make it into the top 3 players of that season. Messi won it instead.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Ronaldo is 2 goals behind messi and 1 assist behind messi.

Please show me those statistics, because from what I've read Messi has 12 more goals and 4 more assists in 6 more games than Ronaldo. Excluding matches for their country, since there are no point adding them.

But won More trophies including the UCL and La liga. He was the best player in the UCL and was a important key to help us win la lig

This just comes down to which team you are playing for. Last season Real had the greatest ever squad with players on the bench who even the biggest teams would feel lucky to have in their starting 11. Whenever I watched Real play it was without doubt their collective play that was impressive and the reason for their success. Ronaldo was with no doubt the decisive factor for the UCL win, but not La Liga. Pretty much everyone played a big part there, with the exception of maybe Benzema.. Just think of all the cruical Ramos' headers, and the super subs in Morata, James, Asensio and Vasquez who were almost guaranteed to produce goals/assists in the dying minutes after they came on. Reminded me a little of SAF's United, you always felt like they were guaranteed to win in the end no matter what.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Please show me those statistics, because from what I've read Messi has 12 more goals and 4 more assists in 6 more games than Ronaldo.

Click here

Excluding matches for their country, since there are no point adding them.

Because Messi isn't performing in Argentina as he is in Barcelona its no point. Mate stop it, every goal is decisive, the goals scored in country matches include the WC qualifiers which is I think somewhat important, depends if the player is in the mood to play in the snowy country of Russia.

I don't know the reason for you guys to be in such denial. Ronaldo deserved it, simple. Goal/assist stats are neck to neck but Ronaldo has the better ratio in both. I don't care about through balls and dribbles, if such, why not include header goals and aerial duels won?