Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Rooney : Manchester United Legend or Just one of the good players Manchester had ?
Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think he is absolutely one of the best things that happened to Manchester United

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I wasnt around to see him in his best days. So i only see him as a useless Shrek who is soo rubbish

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Dynastian often says that he was really good in the 2004-2007 period, I didn't watch those years, so I can't comment. However, it's clear that over the last decade, United's best player has been Rooney. Ronaldo was great when he was here, but after 2009, Rooney has been a top five striker in the world from 2007-2013.

2010 was in my opinion his finest year, and one tie that really stands out is the UCL vs Milan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8vXg2mY0_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOI7STQVZU

First and second leg, United never get out of that tie without Wayne Rooney.

He played a secondary role to Van Perise for two years, but still did quite well, and is now naturally falling further back on the pitch as many talented playmakers do.

He's clearly still a world class playmaker, even if his scoring boots aren't there anymore. Check out his cross to Ibra eariler today, it's as much Paul Scholes as you can get.

If you look at all of the fantastic players over the last decade, Van Persie, Van der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Park, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, De Gea, etc - imo Rooney contributed more to United than any of them.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I believe Rooney has been mistreated by United fans and managers . It is unfair to say that man doesn't deserve title of one of the greatest Manchester United players because he surely is one of the greatest English players . There was a time he was just as good of a player like Ronaldo and Messi . Rooney was just miss-manged and didn't continue strong into his prime years.

He was beast from 2004 till 2011 IMO but then something started going wrong for him . Not sure what was it but i don't see that hungry and angry Rooney anymore .

However, he is still one of the most complete players . Box to box . You want him to create in midfield , he will . Score , no problem . Defend , Yes he can . Even goalkeeping , he has done that as well ! My dream player that i always wanted to see at Chelsea .

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I think Rooney's biggest problem is that he never locked down a position. He's played across the entire frontline and midfield, even as a CDM. He always played the position the team needed him to play, and while that served United well, I think it was the reason he never reached a top-3 player in the world level.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He is definitely a Manchester United legend. Freakishly talented player who has had bad luck with managers (other than SAF) and injuries.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Still an amazing player. Obviously better before. A bit inconsistent at times. Over all a legend.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I didn't watch him when he was in his prime, but the quality is there to see. I agree with Sunflash that he did not lock down a position, but even then he is a phenomenal player who every club would love to have. Obviously age has caught up to him now and I still say midfield is the position where he can contribute the most now.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

He is not a footballing legend in my opinion, but he is a legend at his club and for their supporters

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^^ Agree with this perfectly.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pleasant video to remind people of the old Rooney.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Legend without a doubt. His role nowadays is very underrated but he is a very complete player. As a striker he was one of the very best, I clearly remember just before the 2010 WC he was ranked just below Messi and Ronaldo as the top footballers at that time. Sadly as a striker he was never a number 9, then he became a little slow due to injuries and growing older, he ended up loosing that striker position due to modern needs for a #9. He didn't perform well with the company of others up front so his role was slightly modified each season until recent performances where he is seen as a midfielder. A crucial point in his life was that match vs RM when SAF decided to bench him... That marked the decline in his career. He is a striker still, but with a role more similar to that of a Thomas Muller, creator and intelligent.

One of my favorite players ever. The start of his career matched the time when I started watching European Football so he is one of my biggest and most significant idols ever.

moonzhong 8 years ago
1 6

Hi I am here to share the free football betting tips to all of you.
Ajaccio vs Troyes Betting Tips
1x2 Picks: Ajaccio to win or Draw
Handicap Picks: Ajaccio -0.25
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Ajaccio-VS-Troyes-Betting-Odds-H2H-Prediction-8-6-2016-France-Ligue-2-150478.html

Le Havre vs Nimes Betting Tips
1x2 Picks: Le Havre to win or Draw
Handicap Picks: Le Havre -0.5
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Le-Havre-VS-Nimes-Betting-Odds-H2H-Prediction-8-6-2016-France-Ligue-2-150479.html

Sochaux VS Valenciennes Betting Tips
1x2 Picks: Sochaux
Handicap Picks: Sochaux -0.5/-1
http://www.goaloo.com/tips/Sochaux-VS-Valenciennes-Betting-Odds-H2H-Prediction-8-6-2016-France-Ligue-2-150481.html

Skiddo 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 0 1

definitely a man u legend

RBcity 8 years ago
Manchester City, England 3 29

Wayne Rooney is a good player at his best but he still doesn't know where is position is.

Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

Legend in most positions, quality!

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

UTd Legend, but knowing his potential at 17 yo being main 3 lions striker, he could have become one of the best ever to have played the game. Imagine if he trained as hard as Ronaldo, he remains one of the best players of his generation knowing that his progression could have been bigger. At 18 yo he was already best striker in England, if he aimed to Win BO I think he could have done it.
I dont think there should be a debate about him being a red Legend he is there for more than a decade And won everything with them, stayed loyal.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Am I the only one here thinking the word legend is a bit abused?

Dont get me wrong, I like him a lot (used to have his pic as my avatar if you guys remember), I sometimes think of him as a legend, sometimes not.... can't make up my mind.

That says he is in between the line of a legend and a world class player Manchester United possesses.

He could have been one of the best, his work rate is no doubt has always been the best. But he lacked things that push him to that level, it's hard to break down to what. All the cups that we won, he contributed massively, but never was the main factor. The time when he was the only main class player (last 5 years) we chocked as hell (ok he was on his down way and the coaches sucked to be fair).

Recently, I agree his role is under-appreciated, but for reasons. First, since his new role, we haven't earned jack sh!t (not his fault though). We have our worst displays for years... So what the hell does that mean by under-appreciated I dont know anymore! Saying Modric's contribution is sometimes under-appreciated make a lot more sense.

One of the main reason, I like him less back then also because of his wages demand, was sky high while he wasn't even in that category yet (it was a big debate for a while).

Bottom line, I think legends shouldn't just be used for everyone that stay long with the club (talking about world class player). Gotta be something bigger

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

There are only two legends of the last decade and that's the two players everyone know. However, Rooney is a United legend, but not a legend speaking on general terms how I see it.