Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Scratching my old itch
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJU5GlKVETc

Also game vs Portugal and many other games in Spains campaign including final of diving , made me despise the fact that they won World Cup .

Honestly least deserving and most boring side that has ever won World Cup . I won't be surprised if one day it will come out that it was political for Spain to win because they were going through some rough times economically . Just like Italy was in 2006 then Brazil 2014 but no one told Germans that Brazil was supposed to win tournament .. so they knocked them out .

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 You sound a bit sour mate. I mean, I'm not saying your wrong about spain winning sometime thanks to diving and pen. But hey, thats why Fifa is slowly but surely bringing video replay. Will make sure stuff like happen less and less hopefully. ;)

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I dont get what the video was suppose to show... That was a very even match and either team could have won it. Villa's goal was lucky as hell but Pedro should have scored.

In my opinion Spain's 2008-2012 was one of the best international team. They dominated almost everyone. I dont see how they werent deserving of the WC in 2010. Netherlands was extremely lucky to even have 11 players in the field.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@rain

Agree on all counts. The Dutch could've won as well through Robben, but were robbed by prime Casillas...happens. There are much more controversial games to have goes at imo.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

&raimondo i agree, that spain side was soo good and they deserved every trophy they got.

quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Most boring side. They totally dominated the football world for almost 4 years.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Most boring side that totally dominated the football world for almost 4 years.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

LOL 2010 was rigged for them . They got away with so much crap with referees . In the final they just had to dive their way to the victory and Puyol should have been out in the final for denying goalscoring opportunity .

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Penalty on Ozil in semifinal with Germany . LOL So much shady stuff ! All with innocent Spain . I am sure it is just all wild coincidence .

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Should, but it's not like Robben was never a diver :)

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Honestly least deserving and most boring side that has ever won World Cup .

Fully agree. Spain were wonderful to watch at the Euros two years later, but holy moly -- that has to be the most tedious side to have ever won a World Cup. Would've much rather seen the Netherlands lifting the trophy.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy If dominating football for years mean being entertaining, then you must love club who win leagues by parking the bus. ;P

Anyway, I'd love to have tuan jinn and amir keal opinion on the matter. :3

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy If dominating football for years mean being entertaining, then you must love club who win leagues by parking the bus. ;P

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Fail

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

This is what my opinion on it. But to be honest, I don't really care about the cheats of Iniesta, Puyol.. because admittedly, it was these spainish players that gave me joy watching football alongside Messi over the last few years. Besides, we got them back HARD. 5 1!!!!!!! Best revenge I can think of!

So yeah, Spain ended our world cup hopes alongside that United fan Webb, and we ended their 'tiki taka' era.

Even though you can say De Jong should have been sent off, no two wrongs never make a right, and there's NO way in 100 years Johnny Heitinga should have got red. Iniesta is a beast at acting.

I hope to see the Netherlands lift the world cup at least once! Not too much to ask for. Let the likes of Dennis Bergkamp, Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Van Nistelrooy at least SEE the Netherlands lift the trophies that they could unfortunately not win. Sadly, Johan Cruyff did not have the chance, and I hope that all those players, as well as me get to see us WIN the world cup.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That World Cup was not the best, but not the worst either.
And that's taking into account all the fixing from before it was known it will be in South Africa till the finish.

As for the Spanish team, maybe they didn't play pretty and scored only 1 goal in each game after the group stage but nobody could stop them which is what counts.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

let's not forget about 2002 Scandal..

Marcus2011 7 years ago

exactly maybe because of 2002 scandal they finally repaid them back this way .

Also @quikzyy , i am sure you are big fan of high possession football and not scoring for hours type of football .

There were teams to stop them but they always got away with referee decisions and their diving ..

I can't wait for the day when diving will be just as punishable as cheating .

I have nothing against the way they won 2012 euro honestly .

2008 Euro i have little problem because again i thought Silva was supposed to be out with red for his foul and there should have been a penalty for Germans .

They had to use to replay technology to give red to Zidane which is very illegal and never again was used since or before . Things like that make me think that FIFA and UEFA did used to fix competitions . Same as they helped Korea in 2002 and Japan too . Everything has a price and not everything is sunshine and rainbows and miracles in this sport like people making it out to be .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Everything has a price and not everything is sunshine and rainbows and miracles in this sport like people making it out to be .

Ha, right. Show me a single comments section of a major game that doesn't have 20% or more of the people there bitching about refs.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

One incident happens . But when entire tournament and on multiple decisions referees messing up in favor of the one particular team then raises questions . At least for me the rest of you are sheep hahah joking the rest of you have a different view and I can live with that

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

That Spain side was still one of the very best I saw. That fact doesn't change. What also doesn't change is that even though they rode their luck through a few ties, they were still the best team throughout the tournament. The two teams that had the best chance to beat them were Germany and the Dutch, and they both blew it.

Paraguay and Portugal should have both won against Spain. That's a given. But when it comes to Spain cheating against the Netherlands, don't forget that the Dutch decided to hack their way through the Spaniards the entire bloody game.