Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shock! Ronaldo on the move! Where will he go?
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so could have put this under All transfer rumours but I reckon it's kind of big enough to have its own thread!

Sounds as though Ronaldo really is going to leave Real. Absolutely did not see that coming, thought it was given he would stay in Madrid.

United seems a likely destination, for obvious reasons. In a way I really hope he does move to them, as it will make the league a lot more interesting. Might actually make a United game interesting to watch! Also would suddenly make them very credible title contenders which is not so good, though.

Post your thoughts on whether he will go and where could go to below.

Comments
Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

Would cry of joy, but unfortunately it probably won't happen. Please let me be proven wrong.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Dynast Only if Madrid plays at 10 men if Ronaldo leaves, if they put Ascensio instead things would be different.
Look at Spain U21 first game and Ascensio hattrick. Perez looking for Mbappe while having a BO potential in the bench...

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Are we really comparing Asensio to Ronaldo? We'll compare them the day Asensio and Mbappe average 50 goals and 15-20 assists per season.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Asensio came to Real Madrid after Rafa Nadal talked to Perez xD

If CR7 leaves the whole Real Madrid team needs to change their tactics and playstyle, nobody can simply fill up the space of CR7 as he will most likely be regarded as the best Real Madrid player in history, but if Real doesn't want CR7 to retire in their club then the sooner they sell him the better and with the money they can already start to rebuild their team with new world stars like Mbappe, every team needs to do that transition sooner or later.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Im hoping it's true but sadly for Barca it's not, Actual Madrid don't rely on him.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Well, thats your opinion, but if Ronaldo wouldn't have been there last season, Real might have not win the league imo. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Say what you want but CR7 has done more for Real Madrid than any other player for that team. And Real Madrid is the best team of all time.

All major records broken, back-to-back Champions League title you name it he has done it, without him Real Madrid is missing their all time top scorer and Europes all time top scorer and assist maker, on top of that he has great leadership.

Even now after a long and hard season he joined Portugal 2 days after winning Champions League and he scored 2 goals vs Latvia and made a great assist vs Mexico now in the Confederations Cup, the world has not seen such a professional, he's 32 years old but kids hate him because he can make anyone look average on the pitch.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo His attitude doesn't alway make him lovable though. I mean, there were time when he didn't think a manager could tell him how to play and where he was pissed his team mate scored goal. However, he seem to have matured a lot since then and to have become for Portugal in particular a true leader. He also have a lot of hater because of all the Messi and Barca fan. But otherwise, I mostly agree with you, especially after seeing his assist today, top maturity and inteligence to pass when he realized he had losed control of the ball for a moment there and a bit of momentum. I think the best to describe how he has been playing recently is as you said, professional. Even amid transfer talk, he remain calm and composed. Seriously, as someone who first saw him as a douche, I'm gaining newfound respect for him everytime I see him play this way. :)

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Everyones talking about ronaldo wanting to leave but i wouldn't be surprised if he is just happy to leave...he knows wherever he plays he will still be the best...he's happy if he stays; he's happy if he leaves...I think the reason is his agent imagine how much money mendes would make from this, and we all know how corrupt he is...mendes is using thew tax allegations to hide his intent

nigelpayne 7 years ago

most likely that if this happens it will involve david de gea with us offering r keeper and a sum of money somewhere between 150m and 200m for the one and only cr7

tiki_taka 7 years ago

@emo You mean CL ? Because in the league he was far from being vital to them.
Well lets just end it here for my case, people makes me sound like a hater I'm just saying that it's the right moment to cash out on Ronaldo. A Madrid fan and a Ronaldo fan does not exactly have same opinion or priorities unless Ronaldo career is worth more than his club success... That being said, i hope he stays as long as possible as a regular to make Ascensio leave like Morata is willing to do...

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

I agree with Tiki on that. If Ronaldo really wants to leave then go ahead. Madrid would get a good sum of money for his transfer and sign some top players. The club stands above any player at any time. Madrid became the best club in the world without Ronaldo and they have great talent in their squad to still fight for all titles. Probably no one single player will match his numbers, but it's a team effort and everyone will have to chip in.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Only Barcelona fans will lie saying that Real Madrid didn't need CR7, without him Real Madrid doesn't win anything, period.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Madrid needed all their players to win both titles last season. That was the key of their season. Ronaldo played his part at the end of the season and showed why he's one of the greatest. If Ronaldo wasn't there what would have happened? We don't know for certain really. Maybe other players would have stepped up and filled up for him in big games or maybe Madrid would not have been able to get through the big games. To me Madrid's true strength mainly comes from their trio in the middle and their two fullbacks Marcelo and Carvajal.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think it's remotely true.

Ronaldo is at the best club for him, the current squad and Zidane can help him to adapt to his new style and still be a killing machine. Real is also NOT stupid to loose their best asset on and off the field.

With that being said, Going back to Manchester United is also a considerably good option for him if he wants to retire there... except for the weather and the food...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Golazo Err, no, I disagree, they are still one of the most lethal team in the world even without Ronaldo imo. But yeah, they might not have most of their recently won title without him. However, if they do lose Ronaldo chance are they will move for a top winger, like Hazard, so it won't forcely be such a problem.

except for the weather and the food...

XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Err, no, I disagree, they are still one of the most lethal team in the world even without Ronaldo imo. But yeah, they might not have most of their recently won title without him. However, if they do lose Ronaldo chance are they will move for a top winger, like Hazard.

@Golazo Err, no, I disagree, they are still one of the most lethal team in the world even without Ronaldo imo. But yeah, they might not have most of their recently won title without him. However, if they do lose Ronaldo chance are they will move for a top winger, like Hazard, so it won't forcely be such a problem.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well he was the top scorer of the team and other players have said that he was the one guy they needed to score because even when the whole team plays well you need someone to solve the games, 25 goals in 29 games in the league, 12 goals in 13 games in Champions League, saying that someone else might have stepped up is wishful thinking, there was nobody else to do it, Bale or Benzema could have stepped up but they didn't.

There is a good reason why CR7 is the most payed athlete which is what I said before, whole Real Madrid would need to change their roles/system/tactics if CR7 leaves, it's a huge space to fill.

Manchester United won 3 leagues in a row, CR7 leaves to Real Madrid and Fergie loses the title race and doesn't break the record because nobody won 4 times in a row, Rooney steps up to fill the gap and scores around 30 goals but the team loses in Champions Lesgue quarter finals, later on Rooney is too tired to carry England in the World Cup...CR7 is an insane professional even at 31-32 years old.

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Madrid's true strength mainly comes from their trio in the middle and their two fullbacks Marcelo and Carvajal.

Wrong. You're gonna have to try again here. I see too many people testing their limits out in the land of the Bohemian with statements like these. Whether one likes it or not, Madrid's true strength comes from Cristiano Ronaldo. The beyond-ridiculous ability to score goals, the general decision making, the leadership.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the key. Anyone who tries to argue against it is wasting their time.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

@golazo were all of ronaldos goals game changing ones though....if rm won 3-1 and ronaldo scored 1 then u could assume that they would have achieved the three points without him

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Pepeee I beg to differ. I've followed Madrid for more than 10 years now. When Cristiano came to Madrid we still were not able to get past Lyon in the last 16 of champions league. We were still getting owned by Pep's Barcelona in La Liga and Champions League. Cristiano wasn't the key. The midfield is the most important part of a team. Barcelona ruled everyone when they had Iniesta, Busquets, and Xavi at their primes playing there. Now it's Madrid's Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro who are ahead of every other midfield in Europe. I'd include Isco here too because he's been exceptional this end of the season as well.
Cristiano's first half of the season was way below from what we're used to see from him, and Madrid did not miss him. Take Cristiano away from the team and you still have the best squad in Europe at the moment.