Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shock! Ronaldo on the move! Where will he go?
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so could have put this under All transfer rumours but I reckon it's kind of big enough to have its own thread!

Sounds as though Ronaldo really is going to leave Real. Absolutely did not see that coming, thought it was given he would stay in Madrid.

United seems a likely destination, for obvious reasons. In a way I really hope he does move to them, as it will make the league a lot more interesting. Might actually make a United game interesting to watch! Also would suddenly make them very credible title contenders which is not so good, though.

Post your thoughts on whether he will go and where could go to below.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah but fact is Perez brought Ronaldo, not Calderon. Ronaldo may have been linked to many clubs and always got booed, his expresses departure regularly, for many reasons including financial ones...
He got booed in 2006 after World Cup, he still stayed but he left when Perez was in charge and made him the main Galactico attraction, so no Ronaldo left in Perez time not Calderon.
He earned the biggest contract ever, signed huge marketing deals and we can't really say he moved for a worse club specially when we saw Perez project for the near future...

I know that Perez bought Ronaldo, I'm not retarded. And if you recall, he was booed after the 2006 WC by ENGLISH fans because of his incident there that got Rooney sent off, not because of transfer speculation. The 08/09 booing was different because Ronaldo had actually stated that he wanted to leave the club for Madrid and the fans didn't like that at the time. As I said, Fergie confirmed all this in his book. This discussion is over dude, stop making me come back in here and repeat things I've already said.

And I can really say that he moved to a worse club, because performance-wise Madrid was worse for several years, even with all their new acquisitions, not going as far in the CL and not winning La Liga, whereas United was a semi-final/final team in the CL and won the EPL several times during that span.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

^ actually we weren't bad at winning La Liga then it was only champions League. But yea Utd was the superior club at the time no doubt about that.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

CR7 leaving Manchester resulted in Manchester United not winning the league for the 4th time in a row and breaking the record that no team ever did in English football, Rooney tried to fill up that role and he scored over 30 goals that next season but still as said they failed to win the league and got kicked out of the Champions League in quarter finals, Rooney got tired after the season and flopped for England at the World Cup 2010.

Next season CR7 top scorer in La Liga but not a leader yet and the team still had holes, big loses to Barcelona in La Liga and Champions League semi final as clearly Real Madrid was still building the team, at the same time Manchester United fixed the squad problems and won the League and played in Champions League final but lost.

2011/12 Real Madrid still can't overcome the semi final of the Champions League, this time losing to Bayern, but they win La Liga title.
Manchester United didn't pass the group stage of Champions League and lost another close title race, to Manchester City.

History showed that as soon as Real Madrid got CR7 they started getting better while at the same time Manchester United was getting worse

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

CR7 leaving Manchester resulted in Manchester United not winning the league for the 4th time in a row and breaking the record that no team ever did in English football, Rooney tried to fill uo that role and he scored over 30 goals that next season but still as said they failed to win the league and got kicked out of the Champions League in quarter finals, Rooney got tired after the season and flopped for England at the World Cup 2010.

Next season CR7 top scorer in La Liga but not a leader yet and the team still had holes, big loses to Barcelona in La Liga and Champions League semi final as clearly Real Madrid was still building the team, at the same time Manchester United fixed the squad problems and won the League and played in Champions League final but lost.

2011/12 Real Madrid still can't overcome the semi final of the Champions League, this time losing to Bayern, but they win La Liga title.
Manchester United didn't pass the group stage of Champions League and lost another close title race, to Manchester City.

History showed that as soon as Real Madrid got CR7 they started getting better while at the same time Manchester United was getting worse

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

That is very logical. Nevertheless, it took several seasons before Real was objectively better than United. I don't see why this is a difficult concept to understand.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@SunFlash Manchester United had a great squad, that's why they won 3 Premier Leagues in a row and a Champions League title and still kept coming all the way to the Champions League final.
Those super high standards and expectations were bound to end at one point but what Manchester United had was maybe the most dominating Premier league team ever, so many players could score; even Nani playing his first season scored some insane goals and then add Tevez,Rooney,Berbatov and the passing skills of Giggs and Scholes with the legendary headers of Vidic when needed and there is hardly any team that had so many weapons at their disposal at those times not only in England but in whole Europe.

It did take Fergie to retire to witness the end of a generation but he could win the league playing Rafael and Cleverly and a briliant signing of Van Persie is a testimony of how he knew who and when to sign, his last captain Vidic already had injury problems but when he was fit you could bet your house United will keep a clean sheet.

roomie16 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 0 3

He's no that gud anymore should move to London (crystal palace) etc.. I think that

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@roomie Er... Seriously? :( No, actually, never mind, don't answer my question.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@roomie Er... Seriously. :( No, actually, never mind, don't answer my question.

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

As presumed. Ronaldo isn't going anywhere, and people were wide-eyed to believe so. He's the star player on the best team in the world, and he knows they're not exactly deteriorating. Ronaldo could be sitting with a double-digit number of Champions League victories by the time his career is over -- stretching it, but the point stands.

Not that I know of it personally, but his seemingly precarious relationship with Mourinho -- which is surprising considering they're both Portuguese -- was never going to bring him back to United anyway. Thank God.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The only reason he even stayed an extra season at United was because Sir Alex asked him to. If that's all that was keeping him at United, what's attracting him back now? Nothing. There's no club in the world he would go to. Not PSG, not Barcelona, not Juventus, not any English team - nobody. He's going to be a Real Madrid player until he is at least 36 years old. I guarantee that.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Still doesn't change the fact that he acted like a Diva.