Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sneaky moves (transfer window)
_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

So Barca stepped in last second and "stole" Malcolm...

This made me think of other sneaky moves by clubs signing a player right in front of another club who already had a "deal".

Do you guys have any famous examples if sneaky moves?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So Barca stepped in last second and "stole" Malcolm...

This made me think of other sneaky moves by clubs signing a player right in front of another club who already had a "deal".

Do you guys have any famous examples if sneqky moves?

Comments
Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Willian to Chelsea after Tottenham had a "deal".

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Chelsea signing Jorginho 15 days after Man City had agreed a deal to buy him from Napoli.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Not really the same kind of thing but I do remember Loic Remy missing a plane to Leicester which forced him to stay at Chelsea, meaning he missed on becoming PL champion because of the temperature. :P

Also, I remember a time where Van Djik and Eric Baily were close to joining Manchester City before joining respectively Liverpool and United. Same with Sanchez in fact. Actually, City seem to get a lot of player stolen from them. XD

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Funny to think everyone thought Lukaku was headed to Chelsea and Morata to United last summer. At the time it felt sneaky when Romelu signed for Utd

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Sol Campbell has to count, legendary signing haha!

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Malcolm hijack was obviously the big bad disgusting one this summer.

I would not blame him and his agent though, Greedy yes, but probably anyone would chose to play for Barca and the stars there. But :( he made clear commitment to go to Roma before Barca hijacked the whole thing...

I am waiting for MU to hijack something exceptional :D

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

If it is true, that Spurs paid for Willian's flight, taxi, accommodation and everything, then he received a call from Abramovich in the middle of his Spurs medical, before signing for Chelsea, then that is truly hilarious.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Barcelona has a history of approaching players with illegal ways in order to sign him, all the way back to Fabregas and another example was Neymar.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Golovin to Monaco instead of Chelsea was a kinda hijack

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

chelsea stole salah from us back in 2014 because apparently basel were sick of how long liverpool were negotiating for. turned out very good in the long run though. cheers, chelsea.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Golovin to Monaco instead of Chelsea was a kinda hijack

It's mostly Chelsea that changed their mind about him after Sarri started training the team and the pre season started with that pointless trip to Australia.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

It's mostly Chelsea that changed their mind about him after Sarri started training the team and the pre season started with that pointless trip to Australia

Australians watch Premier League too, mate.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

preach

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@legends16 True that. :D

@iHEART Indeed. I know I'd be hyped if more top team came to play in friendly in Montreal. :D

• History

@legends16 True that. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I know but it's a bit pointless for Chelsea to travel so much for 1 game, I guess both benefit from it but still shows how the Chelsea board make their decisions, other teams stay on a tour for more than just 1 game in China, USA but Chelsea goes for 1 game in Australia then flys to France then to another place it looks more restless.

About Golovin, like I said Chelsea could have signed him but Sarri and the team were just not interested, there are more than enough midfield players, too many btw when taking in count Loftus-Cheek and Ampadu and the move was happening at the time when the team was in Australia so there was no real interest from the club since every signing is like a mini PR game with the presentation and all...

Golovin is a talented 22 year old that can do a bit of everything, a good player but Monaco will play him 25+ games and continue developing him so it really was a good move, in Chelsea he wouldn't have the guarantee of playing when we got with Sarri Jorginho and Kante is set in stone as a starter so he would fight for a spot with everyone else.

legends16 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Golazo
+1 to everything u said, exactly what I thought. Much rather see Loftus Cheek and even Barkely playing.

the sad weird thing about our youth system has been that if our youth players played for other clubs we would probably be interested in signing them for a huge fee, but cos they're here already we just loan them out. Attitudes have to change within the club.

• History

@Golazo
+1 to everything u said, exactly what I thought. Much rather see Loftus Cheek and even Barkely playing.

the sad weird thing about our youth system has been that if our youth players played for other clubs we would probably be interested in signing them for a huge fee, but cos they're here already we jistvloan them out. Attitudes have to change

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Speaking of the Willian to Chelsea instead of Tottenham, thought this was worrh a share

www.eurosport.co.uk/football/willian-finally-reveals-secrets-of-tottenham-transfer-saga-i-was-stuck-in-their-office-for-8-hours_sto6877483/story.shtml