Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Spain's midfielders
Croatian 7 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

So basically they can play 6 midfielders and no strikers in system and it would still look good... it's insane how many options are possible but I wanna know who should actually be in their midfield? I mean like, first choice or something? Wanna know so I can see your preferences and maybe start a bit of discussion.

Quickly: Iniesta, David Silva, Thiago, Busquets, Fabregas, Cazorla (well won't be active in NT anymore), Isco, Mata, Bruno, Koke, Herrera, Valero, Gabi, Viera, Iborra, Benat, Trigueros, Mesa, Camacho, Saul, Illaramendi, Ceballos and few more players.

Against Italy they played 433 with midfield Iniesta-Busquets-Koke and attack Asensio-Silva-Isco. Basically no real attacker except Asensio. And they dominated Italy (although Ventura's tactics were big fail too). Against Macedonia Costa played but Iniesta was on wing, Silva too, and midfield was Thiago, Isco and Busquets.

Option 1:
Asensio-Morata-Suso/Callejon
----Alcantara-Busquets-Isco----

Option 2:
--------Asensio-Morata-Isco--------
Alcantara-Busquets-Iniesta/Silva

Imo option 1 is kind of perfect for them, they would have one CDM who knows how to control game (they can replace him with Mesa or Herrera). Thiago offers more control and offensively helps system too (not to mention his workrate in defence) and then Isco who would create everything they lack. Suso and Asensio can widen the play and they have good chance creators and scores from every position.

Basically it's insane that even with this they would have Fabregas, Mata, Koke, Herrera and Saul on bench.

Do you agree?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So basically they can play 6 midfielders and no strikers in system and it would still look good... it's insane how many options are possible but I wanna know who should actually be in their midfield? I mean like, first choice or something? Wanna know so I can see your preferences and maybe start a bit of discussion.

Quickly: Iniesta, David Silva, Thiago, Busquets, Fabregas, Cazorla (well won't be active in NT anymore), Isco, Mata, Bruno, Koke, Herrera, Valero, Gabi, Viera, Iborra, Benat, Trigueros, Mesa, Camacho, Saul, Illaramendi, Ceballos and few more players.

Against Italy they played 433 with midfield Iniesta-Busquets-Koke and attack Asensio-Silva-Isco. Basically no real attacker except Asensio. And they dominated Italy (although Ventura's tactics were big fail too). Against Macedonia Costa played but Iniesta was on wing, Silva too, and midfield was Thiago, Isco and Busquets.

Option 1:
Asensio-Morata-Suso/Callejon
----Alcantara-Busquets-Isco----

Option 2:
--------Asensio-Morata-Isco--------
Alcantara-Busquets-Iniesta/Silva

Imo option 1 is kind of perfect for them, they would have one CDM who knows how to control game (they can replace him with Mesa or Herrera. Thiago offers more control and offensively helps system too (not to mention his workrate in defnece) and then Isco who would create everything they lack. Suso and Asensio can widen the play and they have good chance creators and scores from every position.

Basically it's insane that even with this they would have Fabregas, Mata, Koke, Herrera and Saul on bench.

Do you agree?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I like the second option with Morata in the middle and Isco changing sides with Asensio making it harder for markers, just like in the last game vs Italy which was the first defeat of Italy in 11 years in the Euro quals.

Isco should play more forward which leaves Iniesta/Koke/Silva/Saul behind him.

Croatian 7 years ago

^I agree, Isco needs freedom since he's defo their best player right now.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I would put Isco-Asensio-Morata up front, with Isco and Asensio getting free roam for the most part. I'd definitely want Thiago in the midfield, and I would like a couple work-horse midfielders, so I'd probably have Koke and Saul partner up with Thiago. If Saul is too offensive-minded a choice, you can always replace him with Busquets.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Id just take the line up they had against Italy. I believe it was:

Isco-Silva-Asencio
Iniesta-Busquets-Koke

They literally outclassed Italy in the mid. They have 5 players that can rotate within those position and do very well. That movement messes up the defending team and its constantly creating space and passing options. Only change I might consider is adding Saul. But i don't know for who.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

As much as I agree with most of you of how strong and deep Spain's mid is and how they outplayed Italy. But what proved to work in this game doesn't mean they would work in the next game even against the same Italy.

Thus, I prefer the 2nd option with Morata upfront.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Disco, Morata, Asensio
Saul, Koke, Iniesto

Fabregas is good enough but if he's not selected then all good, just keep him fresh for the PL. What about this team :)

Morata Costa Torres Pedro
Fabregas DeLucas Romeu Mata
DelHorno Alonso Azpilicueta

• History

Disco, Morata, Asensio
Saul, Koke, Iniesto
Alba, Ramos, Pique, Azpilicueta
DeGea

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Option 2 for me I guess, its fair to say Spain has a very solid midfield in any case, their one weak point actually might be that a lot of their player in that area are slowly but surely gonna be on the decline.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

leaving Thiago behind is almost criminal..

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Silva,Iniesta are going to decline but there are players ready to fill up. Koke is entering his best years now.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Eden Now I can't help imagining the whole Spain lineup but with their name all ending in o cause of your Iniesto thing. XD

@Golazo You are right, but what about Busquet? :(

• History

@Eden Now I can't help imagining the whole Spain lineup but with their name all ending in o cause of your Iniesto thing. XD

@Golazo You are right, but bout Busquet?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo to be fair Busquets is not replaceable yet.

Croatian 7 years ago

Interesting stuff here, I think Busquets should defo be a starter in any system, else of midfield can be replaceable but Spain doesn't have any CDM at level of Busquets so it's really questionable decision to let him out.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Couldn't Thiago play CDM in worst case scenario?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo IMO Koke can adapt to that position and not Thiago.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Eden17Hazard17

Hate to say it but that team just sucks. It's so bad.

Even with a GK it would be terrible.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@amir the joke went straight over your head lol

Croatian 7 years ago

@Emo, not really a CDM-esque player because he likes to go far more advanced but he would serve his role just right, I think Saul tho might be better choice.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

chelsea8

Shitttt, just noticed they are all ex Chelsea players hahaha. I didn't even notice.😂

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir Or current one. :P

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I also agree that Saul would be a much better choice for DM than Koke.