Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Sport TV pundits vs. coaches (Gary Neville)
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's a silly but very relevant topic to talk about :D.

I saw Gary Neville's commenting and slamming Mourinho's tactic in recent games, as well as how Mou had to deliver in the next season after everything he had spent.

I love Gary, but lolz... you know... just a bit banter here

I was thinking..., comon, you are the least person to talk about delivering and tactic or reading game :D:D:D, everything is easier said than done.

After all brilliant analysis on TV, Gary's campaign in Spain was a total disaster. Completely clueless and lack of everything. :D So it's a bit weird now to listen to his analysis. :D RIGHT?

This is noway to say what he said was wrong, he made a lot of senses, and I agree with almost everything he said about Mou, about the lack of leadership in the back, how disorganize Manchester United was... but lolllz... And I understand he needs to make a living too, but may be something else in the mean time so we can forget about his Valencia's adventure. :D I have this feeling for all the current Dutch coaches too, it's funny.

I still like him though. What do you think? Pundit vs. Coach?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's a silly but very relevant topic to talk about :D.

I saw Gary Neville's commenting and slamming Mourinho's tactic in recent games, as well as how Mou had to deliver in the next season after everything he had spent.

I love Gary, but lolz... you know... just a bit banter here

I was thinking..., comon, you are the least person to talk about delivering and tactic or reading game :D:D:D, everything is easier said than done.

After all brilliant analysis on TV, Gary's campaign in Spain was a total disaster. Completely clueless and lack of everything. :D So it's a bit weird now to listen to his analysis. :D RIGHT?

This is noway to say what he said was wrong, he made a lot of senses, and I agree with almost everything he said about Mou, about the lack of leadership in the back, how disorganize Manchester United was... but lolllz... And I understand he needs to make a living too, but may be something else in the mean time so we can forget about his Valencia's adventure. :D I have this feeling for all the current Dutch coaches too, it's funny.

I still like him though. What do you think? Pundit vs. Coach?

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He lost a lot of credibility after his awful spell at Valencia. Holly sh*t! It was a risk he took but he will bounce back because it is still fresh on the back of the minds. People have forgotten about Graem Souness, Rud Gulit and many other pundits attempts who had a terrible spells. However, for now Gary will need to sit back and take all the mockery because that is the rules of humanity to back your talk with action and if you can't then don't ever let anyone know that you can't!

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's not the only thing he's targeted a manager for. Recently he went after Pep for not calling a 7th sub. The main argument was that he should have called an academy player but Pep said that injuries to the first team and the under 23 team had played the day before so he had no other player to bring as the extra sub. The under 18 player were available but Pep would not call on them unless they were ready, regardless if they played or not.

So the debate broke down to giving a kid a spot on the bench just to fill the list even if he won't play vs a player has to earn the right to be called to the game and not receive a hand out.

Neville can surely analyze a match from a pundits position with play back and heat maps etc, but when he was in charge he had 0 clue how or what to do.

I hear he might be Miamis first manager after Beckham finally got his team.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Gary is doing his job he doesn't need to be a good coach in order to talk about football, that's like saying Mourinho shouldn't be a coach because he wasn't a good football player.

Yes he didn't do anything good in Valencia but that's not his job anymore, it's like Scholes saying that Pogba isn't playing well and Mourinho says that if Scholes gets to be 25% of the coach he is he will do good, it's a very petty way to see things and it doesn't address what the person is talking about.

It's how Mourinho talks to people and now the fans also apply his toxic attitude, like when Owen was saying that Ibrahimovic isn't doing enough and Mourinho's response was to point out how Ibrahimovic scored more than Owen while in Manchester United, you know that fact doesn't really matter in regards of what a person is talking about it really shows how toxic a conversation can be with bitter people and honestly Mourinho has been bitter since his time in Real Madrid.

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited

It is like University academics. Most often in business schools, you will have a teacher that will teach you economics perhaps but most likely not quiet good in applying them if he was given the job to fix countries economy. We could sit in class and take a part what strategies were wronlgy implemented by the company ( AFTER THEY MADE THEIR MISTAKES) and we would be wise and all knowing but if we were asked to come up with strategies for real company then we would flunk. It is the paradox that is at the same time depends on many factors. Again we know the rules and understand mistakes and what could have been done AFTER the game is over and after actions of the manager but if we are asked to be sitting there on the bench under pressure and do quick strategy to stop Barcelona from raping your team then we will be exposed as complete frauds and football idiots.

Therefore, these are two different things. Like Golazo said Neville has his job and he is doing it just fine if not excellent but he completely failed at the actual managing job because of being naive and arrogant with his limited theory knowledge.

• History

It is like University academics. Most often in business schools, you will have a teacher that will teach you economics perhaps but most likely not quiet good in applying them if he was given the job. We could sit in class and take a part what strategies were wronlgy implemented by the company ( AFTER THEY MADE THEIR MISTAKES) and we would be wise and all knowing but if we were asked to come up with strategies for real company then we would flunk. Again we know rules and understand mistakes and what could have been done AFTER the game is over and after actions of the manager but if we are asked to be sitting there on the bench under pressure and do quick strategy to stop Barcelona from raping your team then we will be exposed as complete frauds and football idiots.

Therefore, these are two different things. Like Golazo said Neville has his job and he is doing it just fine if not excellent but he completely failed at the actual managing job because of being naive and arrogant with his limited theory knowledge.

It is like University academics. Most often in business schools, you will have a teacher that will teach you economics perhaps but most likely not quiet good in applying them if he was given the job to fix countries economy. We could sit in class and take a part what strategies were wronlgy implemented by the company ( AFTER THEY MADE THEIR MISTAKES) and we would be wise and all knowing but if we were asked to come up with strategies for real company then we would flunk. Again we know rules and understand mistakes and what could have been done AFTER the game is over and after actions of the manager but if we are asked to be sitting there on the bench under pressure and do quick strategy to stop Barcelona from raping your team then we will be exposed as complete frauds and football idiots.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I forgot to mention that (i have actually have that text edited) which is exactly like what you guys said: its just a funny feeling, other than that its perfectly normal for a failed coach to talk about football and analyze football. As long as he makes sense, which he did very much.

To be a succesful coach it takes more than that.

However the whole point is: to criticise a coach in certain position, it's better to be in that position
With at least some success. (or not at all)

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Agree, criticizing manager is one thing but analyzing the game is another. They should draw the line there because managers do get upset. These opinions by pundits are widely watched by fans who later draw bias subjected conclusions on the managers.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I barely listen to English pundits but yes, his short career as a coach took a lot of credibility from his critics... imo he cannot criticize coaches anymore...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

to you both: please stop! I will delete your comments

@golazo: that was a pure attack to Tiki out of nowhere! Do you want to start a war every time? Take this as a warning.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Out of nowhere? He trash talks all time time like the biggest designated hater on the forum and then says that Neville has no credibility to critisize, the irony is rich...
How naive can you get as a moderator I wonder xD

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo We know you don't get along with Tiki but you don't need to start trouble as soon as he say something in a topic which you don't agree with. If you feel he is hating, ignore him and if he goes too far, we, the moderator team will take action. Please have more faith and patience mate. ;)

• History

@Golazo We know you don't get along with Tiki but you don't need to start shit as soon as he say something in a topic which you don't agree with. If you feel he is hating, ignore him and if he goes too far, we, the moderator team will take action. Please have more faith and patience mate. ;)

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

When you take 7-0 in a league game and you get sacked that way... it’s complicated to point world class coaches mistakes... as simple as that. There is no hating on it. Never listened to him anyway, because I watch PL in SFR sport, with Emmanuel Petit and Franck Lebœuf as game analysts, other leagues in Bein sport with Luis Fernandez, Omar Dafonseca, Sony Anderson as game analysts. And practically I only look into Spanish pundits on internet because they have informations on matters inside the club.
And again it’s not because I hate England kid, I just have my preferences...

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo read my post again xD

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Lol I bash Wenger all the time, imagine me as manager.

I'd pay to see Martin Keown manage a team. This guy has top notch passion.

@Golazo: stop being such a toxic guy and take the hint. YOu can be as active as you are but, if every conversation against you ended up in head scratching or wall banging it's not cool.

In this particular little thread, you out of no where, completely off topic attacked on tiki, without any relevant to the discussion. if you fail to realize that, then talking to you is a waste of time.

Take the warning seriously please!

• History

@Golazo: stop being such a toxic guy and take the hint. YOu can be as active as you are but, if every conversation against you ended up in head scratching or wall banging it's not cool.

Take the warning seriously please!

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Tuan_jinn You opened a topic saying that Gary Neville should stop talking but he is working as an analyst;

...comon, you are the least person to talk about delivering and tactic or reading game :D:D:D

And I understand he needs to make a living too, but may be something else in the mean time so we can forget about his Valencia's adventure. :D

You personally attacked Gary Neville saying that he shouldn't talk because he himself didn't do well in his other job as a manager, by your own standards you should give yourself a warning here because you're not talking about what he said but you're taking it too personal, I did the same as you to point out that Tiki:

his short career as a coach took a lot of credibility from his critics

By the same standards who is he to talk about Gary like he has more credibility than him, same goes to you...If I didn't play by the rules, you and Tiki did the same.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Gary is doing his job he doesn't need to be a good coach in order to talk about football, that's like saying Mourinho shouldn't be a coach because he wasn't a good football player.
Yes he didn't do anything good in Valencia but that's not his job anymore, it's like Scholes saying that Pogba isn't playing well and Mourinho says that if Scholes gets to be 25% of the coach he is he will do good, it's a very petty way to see things and it doesn't address what the person is talking about.

You personally attacked Gary Neville saying that he shouldn't talk

WOW, you literally just surprise me, yet again!

Am I attacking Neville? WOW, thanks, I will phone him and apologize!!! He might never comeback to FR..., wow

On the side note, let me copy the comment you directed to tiki out of no where (that was deleted):

@tiki: I barely listen to English pundits but yes, his short career as a coach took a lot of credibility from his critics... imo he cannot criticize coaches anymore...
@Golazo: Your little career as a hater is kinda the same here on the forum, take your own advice and stop posting.

• History

Am I attacking Neville? WOW, thanks, I will phone him and apologize. Let's go and tell all others to stop commenting about other celebrities....

On the side note, let me copy the comment you directed to tiki out of no where (that was deleted):

Your little career as a hater is kinda the same here on the forum, take your own advice and stop posting.

Am I attacking Neville? WOW, thanks, I will phone him and apologize!!! He might never comeback to FR..., wow

Your little career as a hater is kinda the same here on the forum, take your own advice and stop posting.

Now, try to get this through for the sake of everyone:

blah blah...

INDEED! You can have your point, absolutely, you can disagree and stand correct, absolutely!

But you dont go and accuse people, call people name, or insult them, because they disagree with you.

• History

Now, try to get this in a calm manner:

You can have your point, absolutely, you can disagree and stand correct, absolutely!

But you dont go and accuse people, call people name, or insult them, because they disagree with you.

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You're just being cynical, like Mourinho with his usual responses to anyone or anything. That's probably why you opened this topic it's the same way how he reacts when anyone tries to discuss with him, he just changes the subject and talks about something else, like with Scholes or Owen when he didn't even try to respond but just casually attacked both of them, the passive agressive behaviour is now something that fans of Man United started doing.

Again, I never insulted anyone because of a disagreement, just pointing out how it's not even a real argument to accuse Gary Neville of having no credentials because of something he did in the past when all the people here have not been close to the level of football that Neville has been a part of his whole life.

He didn't make those comments as a football manager, but as an analyst and a life long Man United supporter and player, now think about for a second who you should stand next to, a club legend or a manager that is most likely going to change the team in a few years...Just give it a thought.

Otherwise if It's totally fine for Tiki to trash talk on the low with multiple accounts a particular player all the time, then to be so detached from reality to also come and say that Neville lost credibility because he failed as a manager is just having no shame or not wanting to look himself in the mirror, which is why I said why doesn't he apply the same standards on his own behaviour, Neville never said that he is a better manager than Mourinho but Tiki said many times that it's easy to score goals and do "tap-ins" go ahead then show it on the big stage or stop trashtalking.

• History

You're just being cynical, like Mourinho with his usual responses to anyone or anything. That's probably why you opened this topic it's the same way how he reacts when anyone tries to discuss with him, he just changes the subject and talks about something else, like with Scholes or Owen when he didn't even try to respond but just casually attacked both of them, the passive agressive behaviour is now something that fans of Man United started doing.

Again, I never insulted anyone because of a disagreement, just pointing out how it's not even a real argument to accuse Gary Neville of having no credentials because of something he did in the past when all the people here have not been close to the level of football that Neville has been a part of his whole life.

He didn't make those comments as a football manager, but as an analyst and a life long Man United supporter and player, now think about for a second who you should stand next to, a club legend or a manager that is most likely going go change the team in a few years...Just give it a thought.

Otherwise if It's totally fine for Tiki to trash talk on the low with multiple accounts a particular player all the time, then to be so detached from reality to also come and say that Neville lost credibility because he failed as a manager is just having no shame or not wanting to look himself in the mirror, which is why I said why doesn't he apply the same standards on his own behaviour, Neville never said that he is a better manager than Mourinho but Tiki said many times that it's easy to score goals and do "tap-ins" go ahead then show it on the big stage or stop trashtalking.

jesus, do you understand the term "thread", "stay on topic". He's a troll elsewhere, he will be banned elsewhere. In this thread, JUST DONT POISION it.

Seriously, stop dragging on every single thread that he's in (or related to Ronaldo) your crap. it's tiring.

• History

jesus, do you understand the term "thread", "stay on topic". He's a troll elsewhere, he will be banned elsewhere. In this thread, JUST DONT POISION it

jesus, do you understand the term "thread", "stay on topic". He's a troll elsewhere, he will be banned elsewhere. In this thread, JUST DONT POISION it.

Seriously, stop dragging on every single thread that he's in, or related to Ronaldo your crap. it's tiring.