Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Star Wars or Harry Potters
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11429

Lets put and end to the debate, no discussion, no chatting, just tell us wich you like best?

Vote:
Harry Potters: 8
Star Wars: 7

My own vote goes to Star Wars and I will try to update the thread regulary.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lets put and end to the debate, no discussion, no chatting, just tell us wich you like best?

Vote:
Harry Potters: 0
Star Wars: 1

Vote:
Harry Potters: 2
Star Wars: 2

Vote:
Harry Potters: 4
Star Wars: 4

Vote:
Harry Potters: 6
Star Wars: 4

Vote:
Harry Potters: 6
Star Wars: 5

Vote:
Harry Potters: 8
Star Wars: 5

Comments
Lilywhite 8 years ago Edited
28 468

LOL Emo :) Let's go!

Harry Potter because of:

• Its shaping of a generation
  • The superior main character
  • Deeper moral complexity
  • More interesting characters
  • Lighthearted tone

etc.

• History

LOL Emo :) Let's go!

Harry Potter because of:

• Its shaping of a generation
  • The superior main character
  • Deeper moral complexity
  • Greater variety of characters

etc.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Of course Star Wars because of the same reasons as lilywhite suggested

Its shaping of a generation
The superior main character
Deeper moral complexity
More interesting characters
Lighthearted tone

Jokes aside, big Star Wars nerd.

ramaboy10 8 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Harry Potter all day everyday

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11429

@KTB Brofist. ;D

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Harry Potter is the finest book series I have ever read. For all of the reasons Lily mentioned, and the fact that in many ways I grew up with Harry, Ron, and Hermoine.

That being said, I can lose myself in the Star Wars universe in a way that just isn't possible in Harry Potter. In Harry Potter, the story is so concise and detailed that it is impossible to create a separate narrative. However, in Star Wars, the entire galaxy is there, waiting for your own imagination. Regardless of whether it is in a game format, movie format, book format, or even simple role-playing in your head, I can create my own narrative in the Star Wars universe. To a daydreamer like me, that's something that pushes Star Wars above Harry Potter, and that's my my vote goes to Star Wars.

I know you said no discussion Emo, but I feel like that needed some explanation.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

enter image description here

Star Wars for me

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Harry potter any time.

If you guys like world building, character development, moral complexity, then FFS read A song of Ice and Fire. The world building GRRM does is above all other writers (except Tolkien). Moral complexity is huge in there, and you genuinely cannot figure out whether an action a character has done is morally right or wrong.

The amount of foreshadowing and hints given to future events is insane in the books.

The series can be taxing to read at times, with over 1000 named characters, but it's worth it.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11429

@Sunflash Fair enough, I feel the same way. I alway loved wanted to roleplay in the star wars universe as well. ;D

Count me suprise, I thought Harry Potter would be way over Star wars after seeing previous discussion but the force is still going strong in here. :P

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@saatvik

I've read A Song of Ice and Fire, but it was too complex attempting to follow the political discourse, who made x decision and who was affected by it, because as you mentioned there's just too many people to remember. After watching the show, I went back and read the whole series, and using the show as a benchmark, was able to understand everything. While I enjoyed the series, it isn't even top five for me.

If I had to look at book series that I rate higher that Martin's, I'd go with Jacques Redwall (kid me speaking for that one), Cornwell's Saxon stores, Ranger's Apprentice, LOTR, and Harry Potter itself.

All of those ones realized their full potential in book form, whereas I fell that ASOIAF needed Game of Thrones to really become top-notch. That's just my opinion, of course.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Harry Potter and Star Wars are the two biggest names in film history and will stay so for a very long time given everything that's going on with the two series right now and in the coming future. I absolutely adore both of them. I can watch the Star Wars movies repeatedly and find myself sucked into that universe, or watch the Harry Potter films again and again and just never go tired of the beautiful characters and the fantastic story.

Agree with a lot of what SunFlash and Lilywhite are saying. In terms of quality of movies and how entertaining I found them, no doubt Harry Potter. Overall my favorite I'd also therefore say Harry Potter.

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Definitely Harry Potter for me. I'm not interested in Star Wars, I can't remember much from any of the films.

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

@KTBFFH,

I see how some of those points may make for a really tight battle, but let me give you one clearcut reason why Harry Potter simply wipes the floor with Star Wars: Emma Watson. :-D On a serious note people, just watch this:

Seeing the last two HP movies in theatres with my family is the greatest experience of my life, zero exaggeration. From 1:38 in the video above gave my brain the most emotion I can ever remember to have had (even though the cinema was so loud from fan screaming your ears would get destroyed). In that moment we all knew it was getting to the close. Can't describe the feeling I had sitting in the cinema those days with powerful enough words.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11429

@Lilywhite Harry Potter will have a hard time beating Star Wars for me since its parts of my childhood, as a kid, I remember my parent would watch the old movie with us all together, back then I don't think I understood much but I thought it was pretty awesome. But in a sense, I really think its a question of how you came into contact with those two serie. For me, Star Wars are the awesome medieval sci-fi movie I watched as a kid, while Harry Potter were the big book which my sister would read instead of playing with me and that I wouldn't read cause I thought they were way too long. Also, the fact I didn't saw the last 3 movie or so doesn't really help me either. ;p

Also, funny trivia, did you know Rowlings family are big Spurs fan. :P

• History

@Lilywhite Harry Potter will have a hard beating Star Wars for me since its parts of my childhood, as a kid, I remember my parent would watch the old movie with us all together, back then I don't think I understood much but I thought it was pretty awesome. But in a sense, I really think its a question of how you came into contact with those two serie. For me, Star Wars are the awesome medieval sci-fi movie I watched as a kid, while Harry Potter were the big book which my sister would read instead of playing with me and that I wouldn't read cause I thought they were way too long. Also, the fact I didn't saw the last 3 movie or so doesn't really help me either. ;p

@Lilywhite Harry Potter will have a hard time beating Star Wars for me since its parts of my childhood, as a kid, I remember my parent would watch the old movie with us all together, back then I don't think I understood much but I thought it was pretty awesome. But in a sense, I really think its a question of how you came into contact with those two serie. For me, Star Wars are the awesome medieval sci-fi movie I watched as a kid, while Harry Potter were the big book which my sister would read instead of playing with me and that I wouldn't read cause I thought they were way too long. Also, the fact I didn't saw the last 3 movie or so doesn't really help me either. ;p

Also, funny triva, did you know Rowlings family were big Spurs fan. :P

Also, funny triva, did you know Rowlings family are big Spurs fan. :P

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

For sure one's preference all comes down to how and when we grew up. I was around 10 when the first Harry movie came out so it's only natural that's the film series I value the most given how that was the perfect age for the first movie and also how they became darker and darker as I grew up.

Yeah, I know very well about Rowling and Spurs :) Pretty much every Harry Potter actor are fans of Premier League teams, which is just awesome. This is none other than Emma Watson (Hermione) watching Chelsea:

Rupert Grint (Ron) and Matthew Lewis (Neville) also Spurs fans :D

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11429

@Lily Football is so popular in England that it get scary sometime. :P

Drbutterface 8 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

HP is nice and all, but nothing is comparable to Star Wars. Let's not be childish here ;)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11429

@Lily Don't say that too loud, if lily hear you, this will turn into a big debate and that not what I want, here, let me mark down your vote. :p

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Harry Potter!!

Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

Oh boy... there was a huge school wide discussion at my school after we learned about Carl Jung's archetypes.

While both stories are similar, I would have to go with Harry Potter.