Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Suggestion/Question @ Leagues section
_Marcos_ 7 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

Why does Netherlands league, in the browse section, is more highlighted then Portuguese league or Russian league or even Turkish league?
I mean, I don't have anything agaist Netherlands league, but they are in the position 13th in the rating of european leagues... I don't see many people watching a league that isn't that competetive, in the European point of view.
Their are 4 national leagues that are in front of Netherlands league ( Switzerland; Czech Republic; Belgium; Ukraine) that does even get a section in the Leagues browser.
I hope that the administration o Footyroom manage to improve this situation.

Cheers!

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I still rather watch the Dutch league than Swiss, Czech, Belgian and Ukrainian league though. Doesn't necessarily have to do which leagues are the best, but rather which leagues evoke the most emotions or which league has the most followers. Russian league is pretty national, while the other leagues are more international. I bet Ajax has more foreign fans due to history etc than CSKA Moskva has. History matters.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I still rather watch the Dutch league than Swiss, Czech, Belgian and Ukrainian league though. Doesn't necessarily have to do which leagues are the best, bur rather which leagues evokes the most emotions or which league has the most followers. Russian league is pretty national, while the other leagues are more international. I bet Ajax has more foreign fans due to history etc than CSKA Moskva has.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

PS: And naming the section of the Portuguese, Turkish, Russian and American leagues "Other Leagues" is kind of disrespectful. Is like calling those leagues "second division leagues" or "leagues that no one cares".
Why not put all leagues in the some section?

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE if we go by that logic of history success then Scotland (Celtic) and Romanian (Steaua București) leagues should the on the list. too. Because both had european success.
If we go by the logic of most followers, then Brazillian league (Corinthias), Polish league (Wisla Cracovia), Argentinan league (River/Boca) should be on the list too.
What is the criterion of Footyroom?

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I understand your point mate, and agree to certain extend. But just take a look at the view and comments of those leagues, it doesn't attract enough members. Then it doesn't come down to the "league" themselves anymore on the ranking table.

The thing is, the site, or any site doens't have enough spaces on the view port, and we dont really want to pollute the view port with all kinds of less-people-interested games.

Not to mention licensing, maintenances etc...

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

@tuan_jinn Hum ok. Let me see if I get this... so you don't want to "pollute" your main page with less interesting games from other leagues? ok i get. it makes sense. But is not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting a improvement in the browser: League section. You don't need to put videos of those leagues in the main page, just update the results and table positions and maybe put the best games.
If you don't have the power of maintenances that's another question.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

And a Dutch moderator probably have something to do with the highlighted Netherlands league! ;p

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The Chelsea fans watch highlights for Ajax and Vitesse to see how our loanees are doing :)

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Is my logic telling you that Steaua has more international fans than let's say Ajax. No, it doesn't. And I don't get how it's disrespectful to headline it other leagues. Truth is that not enough people care about the Portuguese league or the others you mentioned. To get a hint of this you can check the amount of views in the highlight section. So if anything the Dutch league should be taken away from the highlighted section and put together with the *others. But why? Because you think it's unfair they get to be up there and not your portuguese league? Maybe the 6th little square up there should be left empty? Or all thousands of leagues across the world should be put up there to make it an endless scroll.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Why not simply ask politely to add Portuguese league aka Primeira Liga?

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

The most popular league in this website are the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga. and Ligue 1.
After those leagues comes Primeira Liga or even Süper Lig. But never Eredivisie!
I'm just making this suggestion to improve the site.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE my point is that more people care about the portuguese or turkish league then the Dutch league.
Then why should the Dutch league be highlighted? It doesn't make sense, that's all.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

PS: Their is one competition that isn't on the list of portuguese competition called "Taça da Liga". Its like the "League Cup" from English football. If Footyroom would like to add on...

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago Edited
15 183

It's a good time you mention this now because just yesterday Porto and Benfica were playing (biggest game in Portugal) and the highlights video gets put far down on the page, below less generally interesting games like Leipzig - Mainz, Caen - Nice, Espanyol - Bilbao and others.

I don't get that way of doing things from Footyroom, I guarantee that a lot of people would like to watch the highlights between Porto and Benfica for the quality and players if they actually saw the video, instead it's hidden way down. Put the video among the top and you'll see a good amount of people interested.

Marcos, I don't think the Taca da Liga should be here. Portuguese teams care less about it than English teams care about their league cup - in other words it's a tiny, tiny cup. I think it's good they just have the main cup.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's funny you mention this now because just yesterday Porto and Benfica were playing (biggest game in Portugal) and the highlights video gets put far down, below games like Leipzig - Mainz, Caen - Nice, Espanyol - Bilbao and others.

I don't get that way of doing things from Footyroom, I guarantee that a lot of people would like to watch the highlights between Porto and Benfica for the quality and players if they actually saw the video, instead it's hidden way down.

It's a good time you mention this now because just yesterday Porto and Benfica were playing (biggest game in Portugal) and the highlights video gets put far down on the page, below less generally interesting games like Leipzig - Mainz, Caen - Nice, Espanyol - Bilbao and others.

I don't get that way of doing things from Footyroom, I guarantee that a lot of people would like to watch the highlights between Porto and Benfica for the quality and players if they actually saw the video, instead it's hidden way down. Put the video among the top and you'll see a good amount of people interested.

Marcos, I don't think the Taca de Liga should be here. Portuguese teams care less about it than English teams care about their league cup - in other words it's a tiny, tiny cup. I think it's good they just have the main cup.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

@VAMOSBenfica Taça da Liga is an official portuguese competition. If some clubs don't care about winning this cup that's their problem! You, has a Benfica fan should want this cup on the list :)

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

Taca da Liga is indeed an official competition, but it was formed after a proposal by Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Boavista who wanted to rotate their main squad and give opportunities to youngsters through this competition.

Point is, I don't think Footyroom should be put in a corner for not uploading content of Taca da Liga. Even finding highlights of such games would be extremely difficult for them. It's good enough they upload from main cup.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

The pain of scrolling through endless of pages of uninteresting games (TACA DA LIGA - that literally no-one cares about) to find the one you're looking for. While we're at it. Why don't we add highlights from Swedish Allsvenskan too. Because I love it.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE ok

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Marcos Tbh for me the Portuguese league spits on Ligue 1.

Lad has a point about the Portuguese liga, he just expresses himself in a bit wrong way.