Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Summary of Premier league's big spending teams
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

enter image description here

This window Manchester City under Pep the G has bought in the following big players:

Ederson
Bernardo Silva
Douglas Luiz
Kyle Walker
Benjamin Mendy
Danilo

Average age of all arrivals to the club is 25 years.
The amount of money for these players in total is around £217mil
The money Man City gained by selling players this window so far is around £35mil.

Moving on to Manchester United where José Mourinho aka Daisy has got new boys to walk with:

Romelu Lukaku
Victor Lindelöf
Nemanja Matic

Average age of all arrivals is around 24 years old.
The amount of money spent was around £140mil.
The amount of money received from departures has been around £7mil

When it comes to Chelsea Antonio the Don Conte has got these new bling blings:

Álvaro Morata
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Antonio Rüdiger

Average age of all arrivals is around 23 years of age.
The amount of money spent was around £119.00mil.
The cash from departures so far has been around £66mil.

Everton is the next in line with their own Tintin captain Ronald Koeman that got more fancy these days:

Jordan Pickford
Michael Keane
Davy Klaassen
Henry Onyekuru
Sandro Ramírez
Cuco Martina
Wayne Rooney

Average age of all new signings is around 24 years.
The amount of money spent was around £83mil not counting Wayne Rooney.
The amount of money gained from departures has been more than £90mil.

All other big teams have spent less than or around £50 mil so far.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This window Manchester City under Pep the G has bought in the following big players:

Ederson
Bernardo Silva
Douglas Luiz
Kyle Walker
Benjamin Mendy
Danilo

The amount of money for these players in total is around £155.5mil
The money Man City gained by selling players this window so far is around £35mil.

Álvaro Morata
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Antonio Rüdiger

Moving on to Manchester United where José Mourinho aka Daisy has got new boys to walk with:

Romelu Lukaku
Victor Lindelöf

Average age of all arrivals is around 23 years old.
The amount of money spent was around £102mil.

Everton is the next in line with their own Tintin captain Ronald Koeman that got more fancy these days:

Jordan Pickford
Michael Keane
Davy Klaassen
Henry Onyekuru
Sandro Ramírez
Cuco Martina
Wayne Rooney

Ederson
Bernardo Silva
Douglas Luiz
Kyle Walker
Benjamin Mendy
Danilo

The amount of money for these players in total is around £155.5mil

Romelu Lukaku
Victor Lindelöf
Nemanja Matic

Average age of all arrivals is around 24 years old.
The amount of money spent was around £140mil.

Álvaro Morata
Tiemoué Bakayoko
Antonio Rüdiger

Jordan Pickford
Michael Keane
Davy Klaassen
Henry Onyekuru
Sandro Ramírez
Cuco Martina
Wayne Rooney

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus I like your comparison and see your point but I think City was also struggling even it wasn't as bad as United did. Well, now I cannot stop imagining Mou and Pep having a Ferrari race. :P

• History

@Marcus I like your comparison and see your point but I think City was also struggling even it wasn't as bad as United did. Well, now I can stop imagining Mou and Pep having a Ferrari race. :P

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am not minimizing importance of Pep because City had management issues which actually started from the top who demanded more from City. Do you think if Pellegrini stayed and spent just as much as Pep, City would still be "struggling" ( quotes because comparing to their usual standards I guess we can call two seasons ago team as struggling) ?

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Where you can see clearly that Man City outspent every other team in the league but Pep is using the same key players from 2013 anyway

Chelsea spent almost as much money as City this season, to improve a title-winning side. Either you're not good at maths, or you're just hiding from the truth. And with regard to using the 'same key players', as raimondo pointed out, this is simply not true.

Aguero, Fernandinho and David Silva are the only players from the 2013-14 season to even make 20 league appearances this year, with Vincent Kompany himself managing only 11 (including substitute apps). Everyone else was bought in the last couple of years.

You're simply wrong.

Conte sold Diego Costa and needed to find another primary striker, that alone is a far bigger reform than Pep just adding players to aid the ones he already has, which are already world class.

So, you're saying that Chelsea's players were not world class? I mean, we agree, but I just want to be clear that is your argument.

And why WAS Diego Costa sold, by the way? Was it because he and the manager didn't get along, perhaps? Was there any kind of rift between them, perhaps, that might have been evidenced somehow?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3140393/five-flashpoints-in-diego-costa-and-antonio-contes-rocky-relationship-at-chelsea

Is that the sort of thing which happens when you have a locker room full of spoiled brats who came 10th the year before as a protest against the manager who is currently 3rd, and 6 points ahead of them? Maybe. So if what you're telling me is that City were a better team than Chelsea before Pep got hold of them, then yes, I suppose that's got some evidence behind it, but then that leaves a question mark over just how DID Chelsea win the title last year???

Well, a lack of European football, enabling Conte to use just 12 players all season is, I believe, the leading explanation. ;)

By vision you mean - Pep just spent tons of money in his first season and didn't win anything, he continued to spend money and now he is winning the league, which means, money made his win not his own personal talent.

But as we can from looking at the transfer values, Chelsea spent just as much as City did this year, and had a "title-winning"side already, so how do we explain the fact that City are so far ahead of them now, in every way? Here's the run-down of today's game:

It's because Pep spent the money more wisely. He has to, since he's fazing out the old guard so much. That's how he just destroyed CFC in 90 minutes.

• History

Where you can see clearly that Man City outspent every other team in the league but Pep is using the same key players from 2013 anyway

Chelsea spent almost as much money as City this season, to improve a title-winning side. Either you're not good at maths, or you're just hiding from the truth. And with regard to using the 'same key players', as raimondo pointed out, this is simply not true.

Aguero, Fernandinho and David Silva are the only players from the 2013-14 season to even make 20 league starts this year, with Vincent Kompany himself managing only 11. Everyone else was bought in the last couple of years.

You're simply wrong.

Conte sold Diego Costa and needed to find another primary striker, that alone is a far bigger reform than Pep just adding players to aid the ones he already has, which are already world class.

So, you're saying that Chelsea's players were not world class? I mean, we agree, but I just want to be clear that is your argument.

And why WAS Diego Costa sold, by the way? Was it because he and the manager didn't get along, perhaps? Was there any kind of rift between them, perhaps, that might have been evidenced somehow?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3140393/five-flashpoints-in-diego-costa-and-antonio-contes-rocky-relationship-at-chelsea

Is that the sort of thing which happens when you have a locker room full of spoiled brats who came 10th the year before as a protest against the manager who is currently 3rd, and 6 points ahead of them? Maybe. So if what you're telling me is that City were a better team than Chelsea before Pep got hold of them, then yes, I suppose that's got some evidence behind it, but then that leaves a question mark over just how DID Chelsea win the title last year???

Well, a lack of European football is, I believe the leading explanation. ;)

By vision you mean - Pep just spent tons of money in his first season and didn't win anything, he continued to spend money and now he is winning the league, which means, money made his win not his own personal talent.

But as we can from looking at the transfer values, Chelsea spent just as much as City did this year, and had a "title-winning"side already, so how do we explain the fact that City are so far ahead of them now, in every way? Here's the run-down of today's game:

It's because Pep spent the money more wisely. He has to, since he's fazing out the old guard so much. That's how he just destroyed CFC in 90 minutes.

Aguero, Fernandinho and David Silva are the only players from the 2013-14 season to even make 20 league starts this year, with Vincent Kompany himself managing only 11. Everyone else was bought in the last couple of years.

You're simply wrong.

You're simply wrong.

Aguero, Fernandinho and David Silva are the only players from the 2013-14 season to even make 20 league appearances this year, with Vincent Kompany himself managing only 11 (including substitute apps). Everyone else was bought in the last couple of years.

You're simply wrong.

Oh, and also:

but what would you know about such a thing you never won the league playing in Europe or not playing in Europe so you don't know anything about it

Well, I still have a pair of eyes to watch with, and facts to back up everything I say, so I guess the fact that Roman Abramovic bought your bankrupt club and pumped 1bn pounds into it is a clear indication of how much better your skills of footballing analysis are.

And why am I even saying 'your club'? You were an Arsenal fan only a year ago, after all. What's the matter, didn't you want to associate yourself with them any more? At this rate, next season you'll be a City fan.

• History

Oh, and also:

but what would you know about such a thing you never won the league playing in Europe or not playing in Europe so you don't know anything about it

Well, I still have a pair of eyes to watch with, and facts to back up everything I say, so I guess the fact that Roman Abramovic bought your bankrupt club and pumped 1bn pounds into it is a clear indication of how much better your skills of footballing analysis are.

And why am I even saying 'your club'? You'll be a City fan next season, after all.

Oh, and also:

And why am I even saying 'your club'? You were an Arsenal fan only a year ago, after all. Next season you'll be a City fan.

Oh, and also:

And why am I even saying 'your club'? You were an Arsenal fan only a year ago, after all. At this rate, next season you'll be a City fan.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Gratz for pointing out that Chelsea also spent money, still not as close to City though, Chelsea also sold for more money than City. Nice try though.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

And yet when Man City does the same as Chelsea somehow their money don't matter, I like your leaps of logic there, double standard depending on what you want to disagree with but no real context nor facts :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well, a lack of European football, enabling Conte to use just 12 players all season is, I believe, the leading explanation. ;)

Except is not ;) Conte changed the gameplay and formation and nobody was injured like this season where all key players got injured and some were even on injury list before the season even started...But take away Kane from Spurs and the whole team is clueless, at least Chelsea was capable of playing without multiple key players during the course of this season.

And Like I said : Chelsea was winning the league while playing CL at the same time before, just because they didn't play in Europe last season and won doesn't mean that it was always the case, Spurs didn't win anything playing or not playing in Europe so what does that tell you...LOL

Lodatz 6 years ago

Gratz for pointing out that Chelsea also spent money, still not as close to City though,

No, it really is. You see, 2 + 2 = 4. That's how maths works. You just need to add the little numbers up.

Chelsea also sold for more money than City. Nice try though.

That doesn't matter. City lost half their defense to players running out contracts before the window even opened, and Chelsea had a "title-winning" side already, whereas Pep had only improved City from 4th to 3rd by this point.

Nice try though. ;)

And yet when Man City does the same as Chelsea somehow their money don't matter.

Of course it matters. It just also matters that Pep Guardiola bought better players with that money, and made a better team out of them, because he's a footballing genius.

That matters quite a lot more, and yet this fact seems to upset you. Why is this?

but no real context nor facts :)

Your smiley doesn't compete with my infographics. :)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

NP I already posted facts that City invested the most out of all teams, in fact research said that they are the biggest investment squad in the history of football :)

Conte changed the gameplay and formation and nobody was injured like this season where all key players got injured

Yeah, because they had to play in Europe all through October and November again, like everyone else. See? The facts keep agreeing with me.

But take away Kane from Spurs and the whole team is clueless,

And that's evidenced by...?

Oh wait, it's just some generic nonsense used to deflect from all the information I gave which proves you wrong.

at least Chelsea was capable of playing without multiple key players during the course of this season.

Well, since Spurs have been missing Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama and Lamela for most of this season, I guess we have too, and we're currently 5 points ahead of you, and your 'title-winning side'. Oh, and we've spent roughly 150m less than you this year.

Chelsea was winning the league while playing CL at the same time before, just because they didn't play in Europe last season and won doesn't mean that it was always the case, Spurs didn't win anything playing or not playing in Europe so what does that tell you...LOL

Why are you LOLing? What does that have to do with the fact that Pep Guardiola has just spanked you all over his stadium, because he is footballing genius, and because Chelsea aren't as good as you think they are, and needed a one game a week football in order to get themselves back up from 10th?

But if you want to talk about Spurs, well, we did beat Madrid, Dortmund and (hopefully) Juventus this year, despite not spending as much as City and Chelsea, and not having a title-winning side already, so maybe the real problem is that Spurs are much better than you think they are (or want to admit). ;)

Either way, you've lost this thread's argument, and we both know it.

• History

Conte changed the gameplay and formation and nobody was injured like this season where all key players got injured

Yeah, because they had to play in Europe all through October and November again, like everyone else. See? The facts keep agreeing with me.

Oh wait, it's just some generic nonsense used to deflect from all the information I gave which proves you wrong.

at least Chelsea was capable of playing without multiple key players during the course of this season.

Well, since Spurs have been missing Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama and Lamela for most of this season, I guess we have too, and we're currently 5 points ahead of you, and your 'title-winning side'. Oh, and we've spent roughly 150m less than you this year.

Chelsea was winning the league while playing CL at the same time before, just because they didn't play in Europe last season and won doesn't mean that it was always the case, Spurs didn't win anything playing or not playing in Europe so what does that tell you...LOL

Why are you LOLing? What does that have to do with the fact that Pep Guardiola has just spanked you all over his stadium, because he is footballing genius, and because Chelsea aren't as good as you think they are, and needed a one game a week football in order to get themselves back up from 10th?

But if you want to talk about Spurs, well, we did beat Madrid, Dortmund and (hopefully) Juventus this year, despite not spending as much as City and Chelsea, and not having a title-winning side already, so maybe the real problem is that Spurs are much better than you think they are. ;)

Either way, you've lost this thread's argument.

But if you want to talk about Spurs, well, we did beat Madrid, Dortmund and (hopefully) Juventus this year, despite not spending as much as City and Chelsea, and not having a title-winning side already, so maybe the real problem is that Spurs are much better than you think they are. ;)

Either way, you've lost this thread's argument, and we both know it.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No you got no facts, fact is that Chelsea suffred many injuried even before the season started, learn to read.

By not being capable of beating a lower league ranked team without Kane.

Yes you are ahead now but the majority of this season you were at 5th place anyway. Someone has to play Man City Man Utd and Barcelona and someone doesn't have a tight fixture of important games :) You are ahead and still won't win anything, I can give you a wooden medal for your efforts if you like.

Last season we beat Man City but after they spent another 200+ million pounds on new players they are winning the league over everyone by at least 18 points, try beat them and winning the league if you can, we did it when we didn't have so many injuries :)

You can beat anyone in the group stage but you will never win a title, just not in your DNA as a club last years FA cup showed it and we already beat you this season at your own ground at the start of the season :)

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

A bit of luck with transfers and Spurs fans came out of the caves beating their chest Lol you will go back to where you were always shadow in London and in CL you still have to be Juve who doesn't give away matches easily. Although being an EPL supporter and English supporter, I wish any EPL win to go through but for spurs i wish nothing more than defeat.

No you got no facts, fact is that Chelsea suffred many injuried even before the season started, learn to read.

Why? You never said that, and it doesn't really matter.

Gimme some details, bud. Also, explain what this has to do with the fact that Pep is a genius, and that Chelsea won the title because they played no midweek football?

Yes you are ahead now but the majority of this season you were at 5th place anyway.

LOL so what?

Someone has to play Man City Man Utd and Barcelona and someone doesn't have a tight fixture of important games :)

Haha, we played United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus in the same two weeks, and didn't lose a single one of them, you clueless twerp. :)

Last season we beat Man City but after they spent another 200+ million pounds on new players they are winning the league over everyone by at least 18 points,

Well, yeah, that's because despite Chelsea and United spending almost as much money, Pep Guardiola bought better players and made them into a better team. I mean, when you look at how United have jumped past Chelsea too, it really puts last season's title win into perspective, doesn't it?

You can beat anyone in the group stage but you will never win a title, just not in your DNA as a club

We have more English trophies than you do, moron. But you don't know that, do you, because you're not a fan of football, are you?

See, it's rather telling that it's you I'm arguing with here, instead of Marcus. That's because Marcus is a Chelsea fan. Right now, he's feeling really crappy about the fact that his team got absolutely destroyed today, and that the season is looking so grim.

You, on the other hand, are out here denying reality with a smile on your face, because you don't really care about what happened today. You're not a Chelsea fan, and so their abject performance today doesn't faze you in the slightest. You're not here, like some of us, because we're passionate fans who have loved a club all our lives; instead, you're just troll from the internet, here to try and annoy people you resent, Gilazo.

When you decide to switch to being a City fan, I'm going to smile. :)

• History

Gimme some details, bud. Also, explain what this has to do with the fact that Pep is a genius, and that Chelsea won the title because they played no midweek football?

Yes you are ahead now but the majority of this season you were at 5th place anyway.

LOL so what?

Someone has to play Man City Man Utd and Barcelona and someone doesn't have a tight fixture of important games :)

Haha, we played United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus in the same two weeks, and didn't lose a single one of them, you clueless twerp. :)

Last season we beat Man City but after they spent another 200+ million pounds on new players they are winning the league over everyone by at least 18 points,

Well, yeah, that's because despite Chelsea and United spending almost as much money, Pep Guardiola bought better players and made them into a better team. I mean, when you look at how United have jumped past Chelsea too, it really puts last season's title win into perspective, doesn't it?

You can beat anyone in the group stage but you will never win a title, just not in your DNA as a club

We have more English trophies than you do, moron. But you don't know that, do you, because you're not a fan of football, are you?

See, it's rather telling that it's you I'm arguing with here, instead of Marcus. That's because Marcus is a Chelsea fan. Right now, he's feeling really crappy about the fact that his team got absolutely destroyed today, and that the season is looking so grim. So, he doesn't want to show his face to me, because he knows I'm smiling behind the screen at him.

You, on the other hand, are out here denying reality with a smile on your face, because you don't really care about what happened today. You're not a Chelsea fan, and so their abject performance today doesn't faze you in the slightest. You're not here, like some of us, because we're passionate fans who have loved a club all our lives; instead, you're just an internet troll, here to try and annoy people you resent.

LOL so what?

See, it's rather telling that it's you I'm arguing with here, instead of Marcus. That's because Marcus is a Chelsea fan. Right now, he's feeling really crappy about the fact that his team got absolutely destroyed today, and that the season is looking so grim.

You, on the other hand, are out here denying reality with a smile on your face, because you don't really care about what happened today. You're not a Chelsea fan, and so their abject performance today doesn't faze you in the slightest. You're not here, like some of us, because we're passionate fans who have loved a club all our lives; instead, you're just an internet troll, here to try and annoy people you resent.

Lodatz 6 years ago

Although being an EPL supporter and English supporter, I wish any EPL win to go through but for spurs i wish nothing more than defeat.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Like I just said if you were to learn to read it would help.

Conte winning the title in his first season is a genius, Pep spending 500 million pounds in an already title contending team is not. Chelsea playing no midweek football doesn't matter, what matter is injuries, again learn to read this is not the first time Chelsea won the title, we won it before even with playing all possible cups and in Europe at the same time and even with reaching the final stages of those competitions.

Well, yeah, that's because despite Chelsea and United spending almost as much money, Pep Guardiola bought better players and made them into a better team.

He didn't buy better players he just bought far more players and has had the biggest depth in his squad comapred to all other teams, like I said remove Kane from Spurs and the team is clueless.

No you don't. You forgot to take your medication maybe :D

See, it's rather telling that it's you I'm arguing with here, instead
of Marcus. That's because Marcus is a Chelsea fan. Right now, he's
feeling really crappy about the fact that his team got absolutely
destroyed today, and that the season is looking so grim. So, he
doesn't want to show his face to me, because he knows I'm smiling
behind the screen at him. You, on the other hand, are out here denying
reality with a smile on your face, because you don't really care about
what happened today. You're not a Chelsea fan, and so their abject
performance today doesn't faze you in the slightest.

Me debunking your silly stories has nothing to do with Chelsea losing today, Marcus also couldn't care less this for us just to let off some steam, you have no idea who I am and what I do nor can you even tell what me and Marcus are feeling or doing or whatever LOL keep dreaming about Spurs winning something it's the only place where it happens.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I can just post this again to add to your misery:

These are the biggest investments in club football, as we can see, Spurs is not even among the top 10 clubs which fits my argument very well, money wins you titles, Spurs can't win it.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Well... This just became a shit-show.

Im just going to clear things up for you Golazo. City and Chelsea have spent a hole bunch of money this last decade. Currently, Pep did incredible buisness, which is part of the reason that makes him a genius to some people. The other part being how well his team is currently playing and the significant improvement some players have shown while playing under him. Its an opinion you are free to disagree, but I cannot understand why you keep trying to state hes only doing well because of money, because every single top EPL team has money to spend. More so disposable than most of the other top european teams. the issue is that boards are stubborn and are treat teams like buisnesses and thats why they fall behind.

Chelsea has become a farm house for youth talent. Buying cheap loaning out and selling when a good offer comes by. Look at their transfers and you'll see thats their focus. City on the other hand want to rebuild their squad under Pep's idea and have done everything to make sure he gets what he wants because they know he will succeed given the right players. Just look at his Barca legacy. City plays incredibly because of Pep's tactics. Money just made it possible.

Lodatz 6 years ago

Like I just said if you were to learn to read it would help.

This from the guy who doesn't know how to count. Let me remind you:

Conte winning the title in his first season is a genius, Pep spending 500 million pounds in an already title contending team is not.

But they weren't. They came 4th by a narrow margin before he got there, although it's true that City were certainly better than Chelsea, who came 10th.

Conte is indeed a good coach. It very much helped him out that he only had to play one game a week, though. ;)

He didn't buy better players he just bought far more players

LOL no he didn't. Chelsea added 5 players this summer. It's just a shame that includes Drinkwater and Bakayoko instead of Walker and Bernado, which is why they just got destroyed.

No you don't.

Yes we do.

You forgot to take your medication maybe :D

What, you mean weed? You should try some; maybe then you'd be less of a twerp.

Me debunking your silly stories has nothing to do with Chelsea losing today, Marcus also couldn't care less this for us just to let off some steam, you have no idea who I am and what I do nor can you even tell what me and Marcus are feeling or doing or whatever LOL keep dreaming about Spurs winning something it's the only place where it happens.

Edmund Rigo is a terrible role model. I'm so very glad I'm a better person than he is.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Currently, Pep did incredible buisness, which is part of the reason that makes him a genius to some people.

Now let me explain to you something from my point of view, Pep is not considered a genius because of spending large amounts of money, but because of the work he has done in Barcelona.
If you consider him a genius because he spent much cash on new players I just need to keep repeating that managers before him did the same thing and also won the league and that doesn't make him a genius!

Lodatz 6 years ago

These are the biggest investments in club football, as we can see, Spurs is not even among the top 10 clubs which fits my argument very well, money wins you titles, Spurs can't win it.

LOL nice try, but since we've spent so much less than you, and are currently better than you, and you spent as much as Pep, and City are much, much better than you, this doesn't matter.

The point was always that Guardiola did more with the money, because he's a better coach. I mean, so is Pochettino, when you look at it.

Discussion Closed