Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Team you don't want to see win WC 2018
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, I know this thread might seem weird cause most of the time, its easier to say which team you want to win the most. However, as a neutral, there is not actually a lot of team I don't want to see win it. However, I think we all got those team that above all else, we would rather not have to see them win the competition for many reason. In my case, team I rather didn't win the WC are Germany (won it last time), Spain (won it in 2010) and Portugal (won Euro 2016). I'd much rather see someone who haven't win it or any other huge international competition recently like Brazil, France, Argentina or even maybe team that never won the WC yet like Belgium or Croatia. But what about you, which team you'd rather not see win world cup 2018? And why not?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Netherla...oh wait!

enter image description here

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo This isn't really the place for meme. Not surpised to hear you say that though. Heaven know Mexican can't forgive the Netherland for what happened in WC 2014. Personally, I blame the ref as well but I guess I can understand the frustration. Still, aren't you worried to be in the same group as the team who got Netherland and Italy out of WC? It would be a hard irony if they also got Mexico out of WC. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo This isn't really the place for meme though. Not surpised to hear you say that though. Heaven know Mexican can forgive the Netherland for what happened in WC 2014. Personally, I blame the ref as well but I guess I can understand the frustration. Still, aren't you worried to be in the same group as the team who got Netherland and Italy out of WC? It would be a hard irony if they also got Mexico out of WC. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Germany and Brazil.

I'm from Argentina so I think that explain it all

• History

Germany and Brazil.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I know a lot of people would love to see Messi win with Argentina but I hate their federation so much it would piss me off. I wouldn't like to see Brazil win either, because they've won too many already. I would LOVE to see a team that has never gotten the trophy to win. England won't win, and I'll support them just because there's so much United there, but can you even imagine how intolerable the English fans would become?

Also not Mexico. I would very seriously consider jumping off a bridge if they win while the US doesn't even qualify.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo Yeah, I guess its pretty clear. :D

@Sun So I guess you would be happy if Belgium won it. :) Not that I'm expecting them that much but I still consider them as one of the outsider. And yeah, I get what you mean about Mexico, it would add insult to injury for the US in a sense. What about Germany though?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Still, aren't you worried to be in the same group as the team who got Netherland and Italy out of WC? It would be a hard irony if they also got Mexico out of WC. :(

Sweden under 20 team won Euro and those guys are now in the first team, they don't cheat nor dive they just play football so as long as the best team wins there is no irony, irony would be if Mexico won by diving.
I'm not worried every group is hard and Germany being the current World and Confederation Cup Champion is already locked as the first team in the group so México will be fighting for the second place in the group.

Holland isn't even going so I don't want to hate on any other team, thus the memes.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Also not Mexico. I would very seriously consider jumping off a bridge if they win while the US doesn't even qualify.

You will always have basketball and Olympics no need to jump México usually beats you anyways.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo Fair enough, still think it will be interesting to see who get second spot in that group. As for the meme, its fine you don't want to hate on any other team but you could make our collection bigger by posting them there instead: http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/soccer-memes-pics-62349

As for what Sun said, its part of the game, some team and their fan hate other team because of specific moment in their history but are also hated in turn by their neighbour because of the fact they have somewhat of a rivality going between them. Imo, its nothing personal, just how thing are. :P

• History

@Golazo Fair enough, still think it will be interesting to see who get second spot in that group. As for the meme, its fine you don't want to hate on any other team but you could make our collection bigger by posting them there instead: http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/soccer-memes-pics-62349

As for what Sun said, its part of the game, some team and their fan hate other team because of specific moment in their history but are also hated by their neighbour because of the fact they have somewhat of a close rivality going between them. Imo, its nothing personal, just how thing are. :P

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i'd like to see any south american team win.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Even Brazil? Thats actually quite generous of you. I don't know why, but it feel to me like every south americain fan who aren't from Brazil consider them like rival to a certain level.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

yea, the arg-bra is the superclasico but i stand by what i said. i'd rather see brazil lift it rather than germany for example. obviously i'd like argentina to win it though.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi I understand what you mean and I think its a completely fine way of seeing it. I was similar when Toronto went into MLS play-off final. As a Impact fan, they were our rival but I still supported them because they still part of Canada. :)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

england. I don't think the current team deserve better glory than gerrard, lampard, terry, ferdinand, owen, rooney, beckham, cole generation.

• History

england. don't think the team deserve better glory than gerrard, lampard, terry, ferdinand, owen, rooney, beckham, cole generation.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

england. I don't think the current team deserve better glory than gerrard, lampard, terry, ferdinand, owen, rooney, beckham, cole generation.

When that generation doesn't include someone like Paul Scholes that couldn't play in his natural position or was benched I will be happy if the new guys do better.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@Golazo, you are right about scholes. legend has it that people haven't figure out how to put scholes, lampard and gerrard in a starting eleven lol.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

don't want germany to win it and i don't want brazil to win it.
obviously i'd mostly wanna see argentina win it or england but wouldn't mind seeing france win.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@liomessi Hehe, its crazy how many Argentinan fan we got on FR, I can't believe I didn't realise it until now. :) By the way, a lot of people don't want to see Brazil or Germany win it. I didn't quite expect this I must say, especially for Brazil.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^germany won too easily last time. by now were all bored of germany and brazil dominating.