Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Teams and players to follow for 18/19
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Alright guys, quick question for you guys, but what teams and players are you guys considering to follow? I have some starting spots but I may need some ideas. Obviously I'm going to watch every Arsenal game

Clubs

Liverpool- Spent so much why not
United - Sanchez is the biggest reason, but if they get to boring then that might change
Juventus- R7 + Costa - could too change if too boring
Barcelona - Every year
RM- Followed them quite a bit last season weren't that bad, might continue this after the exit of Ronaldo and Zidane
Roma- I might try something diffferent but I don't really follow them so much. I followed Napoli quite a bit but I wasn't the biggest fan of Sarriball for some reason

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Manchester United.
Barcelona. Cuz of Messi
Real. Cuz of the team
Juventus. Cuz or Ronaldo
Basically, top clubs from EPL.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Wolvertugal.

This.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited

Wolves is interesting, I don't know anything about them haha. Do they play great football? I have heard of a guy called Neves though. Other than some of the signings I don't know, I might keep my eye on them, thanks.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wolves is interesting, I don't know anything about them haha. Do they play great football. I have heard of a guy called Neves though. Other than some of the signings I don't know, I might keep my eye on them, thanks.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Wolvertugal.

OH MY... Take all our upvote please. XD

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

The whole PL is gonna be interesting, ngl. I mean bar maybe Cardiff, Huddersfield and Brighton all the teams in the prem are quality sides. Just look at promoted Fulham: they have managed to sign Seri from under the noses of Chelsea and Arsenal, and World cup winning Andre Schurrle. Also newly promoted Wolves have signed Moutinho, Jota and Patricio. Then factor in the transfer windows clubs like West Ham have had and consider that mid table sides like Everton are strongly pursuing a pair of players from Barcelona (Mina and Digne). Man City will probs still be default favourites to win but Liverpool have made some great additions and Manchester United possess a really strong and balanced squad, and while Chelsea also have a strong squad with an exciting new manager. And as ever with the PL upsets happen almost every weekend, the big teams can never afford to approach a game as an easy one.

So just follow the whole PL. :-)

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

For me the best league in the world is the Premier League, rest is almost a given that Juventus,Barcelona,PSG,Bayern will dominate their leagues...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham will all be more interesting to follow because of new player and manager. CL will be very interesting as Zidane and CR7 has left Real which mean they will propably lose two of the ingredient which make them dominating as they were.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Wolvertugal... :DS

• History

Kluivert, Justin (AS Roma)

Son of the former legend, so far decent and could make some noises. Let's hope he's not overrated.

enter image description here

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

teams:

1. Chelsea
    It would be the first time i saw chelsea as a ball playing team under sarri.
    I expect another 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 under him which actually good for hazard.

2. Westham
    I think westham fans should see the outcomes of boycotting the stadium
    Huge transfer window. Pellegrini wilshere f.anderson yarmolenko. Interesting prospect.

3. Everton
    Marco silva as manager another smart managerial moves. Expect 2 skiller richarlison and bolasie to shine.

4. Arsenal
    Most anticipated wengerless team. I am hoping to see the original 4-4-2, if rvp and adebayor can work together, surely there is way for lacazette and aubameyang. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

Players:

1.fred(man utd)
another strong and creative central midfield, no excuse that man utd always has to defend first.

2.sessegnon(fulham)
is this guy too fast to become a wingback, that he would eventually be a winger. has the similar traits and position
with gareth bale.

3.mahrez(city)
is sterling overrated? I think this player will answer that.

4.wilshere(whu)
no more aftv, new club with better freedom, better not be injured lol.

5.naby keita(liv)
no midfield for liverpool? here's one

• History

Chelsea

Westham
Huge transfer window. Pellegrini wilshere f.anderson yarmolenko. Interesting prospect.

Everton
Marco silva as manager another smart managerial moves. Expect 2 skiller richarlison and bolasie to shine.

Arsenal
Most anticipated wengerless team. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

Chelsea

Westham

Everton

Players: fred(man utd), sessegnon(fulham), mahrez(city), wilshere(whu)

Arsenal
Most anticipated wengerless team. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

teams:

Chelsea

Westham

Everton

Arsenal
Most anticipated wengerless team. I am hoping to see the original 4-4-2, if rvp and adebayor can work together, surely there is way for lacazette and aubameyang. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

Players:
fred(man utd)
another strong and creative central midfield, no excuse that man utd always has to defend first.

sessegnon(fulham)
is this guy too fast to become a wingback, that he would eventually be a winger. has the similar traits and position
with gareth bale.

mahrez(city)

wilshere(whu)

teams:

1. Chelsea

2. Westham

3. Everton

4. Arsenal
    Most anticipated wengerless team. I am hoping to see the original 4-4-2, if rvp and adebayor can work together, surely there is
    way for lacazette and aubameyang. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

Players:

1.fred(man utd)

1. sessegnon(fulham)
    with gareth bale.

2. mahrez(city)

3. wilshere(whu)

4. naby keita(liv)

teams:

1. Chelsea

2. Westham

3. Everton

4. Arsenal
    Most anticipated wengerless team. I am hoping to see the original 4-4-2, if rvp and adebayor can work together, surely there is
    way for lacazette and aubameyang. Have the potential as always? But is emery a better option than wenger, only time will tell.

Players:

1.fred(man utd)

2.sessegnon(fulham)
with gareth bale.

3.mahrez(city)

4.wilshere(whu)

5.naby keita(liv)

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

So Nuno Espirito Santo is Portuguese...

Then they've also got

1. Rui Patricio
  2. Ruben Vinagre
  3. Joao Moutinho
  4. Ruben Neves
  5. Ivan Cavaleiro
  6. Helder Costa
  7. Diogo Jota
  8. Roderick Miranda (out on loan)

and the transfer window is still open. Some of the transfers have been quite dodgy, but legal. Imagine if I told you two years ago that Patricio and Moutinho would be playing for Wolverhampton :P

I've been hearing that Santo sometimes gives team-talks in Portuguese as well. I don't think I've seen anything like this before.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Eden17 Thing is, Wolverhampton is owned by Fosun, a chinese company in which a certain agent has part in. Meaning he offer advice to the club owner and director about who to sign. Guess who that agent is? Jorge Mendes. So yeah, thats actually pretty much why "Wolvertugal" is so Portuguese. :D

• History

@Eden17 Thing is, Wolverhampton is owned by Fosun, a chinese company in which a certain agent has part in. Meaning he offer advice to the club owner and director about who to sign. Guess who that manager is? Jorge Mendes. So yeah, thats actually pretty much why "Wolvertugal" is so Portuguese. :D

amir_keal 6 years ago

legends16

As always :) I think Seri and Schurrle will be great signings. I still don't get why Schurrle was sold, he was a great winger IMO.

thebaldgenius

Cheers, good suggestions mate!

Eden17Hazard17

Hahaha that's so many Portuguese players! I've never seen an English side having team talks in Portuguese so that is definitely weird. Do they have problems with FFP when you mean 'dodgy' transfers, or something else?

I'm also going to follow Chelsea more, a few people I know have said that they will surely be more interesting than Napoli's games, and they will be strong underdogs. I just don't like the fact both of us are in EL, we had to learn that the hard way last season lol.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Liverpool : PL winners this season
City : runners up
Juventus : to see how a 34 yo can still run while game.
Bayern : started to bore me but keep an eye on their strength.
Roma : both 10 players and many talented youngsters
Inter : kept their players and signed Naingollan Lozano and possibly Vidal.
Napoli : my favorite coach is there.
Liga : watch them all, football I prefer.
PSG : the front 3
Marseille : team i follow In France
Lyon : an eye on them.

Actually I follow many teams for betting reasons I can’t list them all, each team with a winning streak or a loosing one interest me.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I think Betis has really good squad, maybe few more signings could help in defence, but their attack looks real good, and Setien likes to play amazing attacking football. I can see them having a good year.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Do they have problems with FFP when you mean 'dodgy' transfers, or something else?

Not with FFP, but with the FA, I heard. Some people seem to think the involvement of Mendes with the transfer of those Portuguese player isn't fair or legal. Heard there were an investigation or something but we'll see. Doubt it will influence very much though.

• History

Do they have problems with FFP when you mean 'dodgy' transfers, or something else?

Not with FFP, but with the FA, I heard. Some people seem to think the involvement of Mendes with the transfer of those Portuguese player isn't fair or legal. Heard there were an investigation or something but we'll see.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@emo lol, if tevez and mascherano can play for westham(2006/2007), this mendes portugese thing is nothing lol.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yeah like @Emo said, apparently the FA think that Mendes had too great of an influence in bringing the players to the club. For example, after Sporting failed to qualify for the CL last season, some fans attacked them and Rui Patricio asked for his contract to be terminated (which was seen as a bit dodgy), then even though he was linked with a number of top clubs like Napoli and Lazio, he ended up signing for Wolves, for free, when he has a market value of 15m.

I don't think the FA can/will do anything really, because it's dodgy at most, but not illegal from what we know so far.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. Sporting could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer) without Sporting having any knowledge of these plans, robbing Sporting off some money in the process and making the transfer to Wolves possible, which seemed unlikely in today's competitive transfer market.

I read elsewhere that Wolves had already made a bid, and once that was turned down, they got the contract terminated so he could move for free which is just as dodgy.

I don't know how much of this is true, it's just what I've heard and read.

• History

Yeah like @Emo said, apparently the FA think that Mendes had too great of an influence in bringing the players to the club. For example, after Sporting failed to qualify for the CL last season, some fans attacked them and Rui Patricio asked for his contract to be terminated (which was seen as a bit dodgy), then even though he was linked with a number of top clubs like Napoli and Lazio, he ended up signing for Wolves, for free, when he has a market value of 15m.

I don't think the FA can/will do anything really, because it's dodgy at most, but not illegal from what we know so far.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. They could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer), robbing Sporting off some money in the process.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. Sporting could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer), robbing Sporting off some money in the process.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. Sporting could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer) without Sporting having any knowledge of these plans, robbing Sporting off some money in the process.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. Sporting could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer) without Sporting having any knowledge of these plans, robbing Sporting off some money in the process and making the transfer to Wolves possible, which seemed unlikely in the transfer market.

Sporting are unhappy as well, because I think that they feel that Patricio and Mendes were plotting the Wolves move when they asked for the contract termination. Sporting could have sold him for a decent price to a top club like Napoli who you would expect a keeper like him to be happy to go to, but now in retrospect, it looks like Patricio and Mendes asked for the contract termination to allow him to move to Wolves for free (as they would have more trouble paying/competing for his transfer) without Sporting having any knowledge of these plans, robbing Sporting off some money in the process and making the transfer to Wolves possible, which seemed unlikely in today's competitive transfer market.

I read elsewhere that Wolves had already made a bid, and once that was turned down, they got the contract terminated so he could move for free which is just ad dodgy.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Emobot7 + Eden17Hazard17

Oh I see. Well, knowing Mendes something is probably going on, but to be fair to Patricio Sporting fans went berserk and like 6 other players also terminated. As much as the FA is unfair, I think they have made the right decision, especially since things aren't exactly confirmed.

RetroPlus 5 years ago
Philippines 0 2

Quote amir_keal who's the best team so far? Love to watch this game but never had a good team to choose.