Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Terry's substitution send off - right or wrong?
legends16 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 39 783

So, many people have been getting very cross about Terry's substitution on Sunday.

2.5 minutes of meaningless football between the already-confirmed title winners and already relegated Sunderland were missed in order to show some respect to the man who has been at Chelsea for 22 years. Absolutely nothing was at stake in the match, except for a record number of wins for Chelsea, and Sunderland would have to have scored 4 times in the two minutes to prevent that. Not exactly likely. The Chelsea team therefore, as a gesture of respect, spent 2.5 mins giving a fitting send-off to the club legend. This was both for him but also for the fans who wanted a chance to say goodbye to their hero.

And yet some people took issue with this, reacting with disgust. But why? Is it because they'll never get back those two minutes of football between Chelsea and Sunderland? It seems to me to be more of a personal attack on Terry. Had it been Rooney - well, that's another story.

Honestly, it's disrespectful to both Terry and all the Chelsea fans to waste time and column inches moaning about a poignant moment between a player and his fans. Utterly insignificant to the person complaining, but so important for those who appreciated the moment. My message to those fussing - Don't be so selfish!

Thoughts?

JT substitution

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, many people have been getting very cross about Terry's substitution on Sunday.

2.5 minutes of meaningless football between the already-confirmed title winners and already relegated Sunderland were missed in order to show some respect to the man who has been at Chelsea for 22 years. Absolutely nothing was at stake in the match, except for a record number of wins for Chelsea, and Sunderland would have to have scored 4 times in the two minutes to prevent that. Not exactly likely. The Chelsea team therefore, as a gesture of respect, spent 2.5 mins giving a fitting send-off to the club legend. This was both for him but also for the fans who wanted a chance to say goodbye to their hero.

And yet some people took issue with this, reacting with disgust. But why? Is it because they'll never get back those two minutes of football between Chelsea and Sunderland? It seems to me to be more of a personal attack on Terry. Had it been Rooney - well, that's another story.

Honestly, it's disrespectful to both Terry and all the Chelsea fans to waste time and column inches moaning about a poignant moment between a player and his fans. Utterly insignificant to the person complaining, but so important for those who appreciated the moment. My message to those fussing - Don't be so selfish!

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

enter link description here

Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

respect your opponent. such a dumb thing to do.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's just people who are bitter. No need to pay any attention to them.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

A small number of people will find fault with everything. If you talk about those people, you just give them more attention. Tbh, I hear more complaining about complaining than I do actual original complaining on this forum.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Completely agree with our guys here: those are just bitter lame fans.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Haven't heard much about any complain, must be outside of the forum. But I disagree with those people. Terry deserved the respect from his team-mate for all he did to the club. Yes, that might have been an unnecesary way of wishing their farewell to Terry for Chelsea but it changed nothing and the only people I can really see complaining are hater imo. :P

• History

Haven't heard much about any complain, must be outside of the forum. But I disagree with those people. Terry deserved the respect from his team-mate for all he did to the club. Yes, that might have been an unnecesary way of wishing their farewell to Terry but the only people I can really see complaining are hater. :P

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375
  • Who wouldn't want to see something like that?
    -Haters.
  • Do haters care about football?
    -Only their teams.
  • So should we pay attention to them?
    -No.
JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

People will always find something to complain about. It's an useless discussion.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

if the other manager agreed, then it's fine. if not, then it's stupid and unnecessary in the middle of a game.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

referee could have easily added +3 more minutes and everyone would be happy

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

yea they should've just done what they did for totti. why be over the top and ruin the tempo of the game.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

It's not like Sunderland were fighting for anything either...

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I refuse to believe that people can be so easily offended. I think the comments were just from haters, having a dig wherever they can.

bluezz 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea 14 724

hahaha ignore them mate. when we carried off drogba 2 seasons ago no one said anything but just because its terry people will complain. what i have to say about this is, he deserves this send off. what a legend this man has been for us.HE'S WON IT ALL, HE'S WON IT ALLLLLLLLL

• History

hahaha ignore them mate. when we carried off drogba 2 seasons ago no one said anything but just because its terry people will complain. what i have to say about this is, he deserves this send off. what a legend this man has been for us.~ HE'S WON IT ALL, HE'S WON IT ALLLLLLLLL ~~~