Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Anti-Madrid Bias of the Media
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I cannot believe this. Football news sites like bleacher report, goal, and etc are littered with reports of the Real Madrid - Bayern Munich 'controversy'.

Not one of the sites are mentioning the penalty Bayern got in the first leg, not one of them are mentioning the fact that Vidal should have been sent off in the 48th minute on his terribly malicious tackle just on the side of their box. Not one site is mentioning how the second Bayern goal should have also been ruled offside.

Every single site is mentioning how it was a 'soft yellow card' on Vidal, how it Ronaldo's goal was offside - completely ignoring the runs and how difficult it was to see it in real time.

I don't understand, why?

I remember the news following day after Barcelona - PSG second leg. It was, "Heroic Barcelona", It was "Historic Night", it was all pro Barca - barely any report mentioning the unbelievable amount of pro-Barca calls the ref made.

How can the media be so biased? I understand the news coming from Catalan owned sites, I even understand the ones coming from Germany. They all need someone to blame. But why the so called neutral sites are reporting such anti-madrid views?

I've talked to so many neutral fans, and all of them are of the opinion that ref made bad calls but that his bad calls hurt both teams. There was no favoring, not really. I'm glad many people are able to see things for themselves, at least the ones I've talked to. But I know that many just follow the reports and make up their opinion and mind based on that.

It just sucks. It has just taken away from Real's victory, reports saying that it was the ref who knocked Bayern out - not Real.

If anything though, this has made me an even bigger supporter of Real however. I simply hate injustice. This is an injustice.

Although, it does shed light on the whole 'humble Messi' and 'arrogant Ronaldo' media view.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I cannot believe this. Football news sites like bleacher report, goal, and etc are littered with reports of the Real Madrid - Bayern Munich 'controversy'.

Not one of the sites are mentioning the penalty Bayern got in the first leg, not one of them are mentioning the fact that Vidal should have been sent off in the 48th minute on his terribly malicious tackle just on the side of their box. Not one site is mentioning how the second Bayern goal should have also been ruled offside.

Every single site is mentioning how it was a 'soft yellow card' on Vidal, how it Ronaldo's goal was offside - completely ignoring the runs and how difficult it was to see it in real time.

I don't understand, why?

I remember the news following day after Barcelona - PSG second leg. It was, "Heroic Barcelona", It was "Historic Night", it was all pro Barca - barely any report mentioning the unbelievable amount of pro-Barca calls the ref made.

How can the media be so biased? I understand the news coming from Catalan owned sites, I even understand the ones coming from Germany. They all need someone to blame. But why the so called neutral sites are reporting such anti-madrid views?

I've talked to so many neutral fans, and all of them are of the opinion that ref made bad calls but that his bad calls hurt both teams. There was no favoring, not really. I'm glad many people are able to see things for themselves, at least the ones I've talked to. But I know that many just follow the reports and make up their opinion and mind based on that.

It just sucks. It has just taken away from Real's victory, reports saying that it was the ref who knocked Bayern out - not Real.

If anything though, this has made me an even bigger supporter of Real however. I simply hate injustice. This is an injustice.

Comments
ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

You guys should write professional essays on football. I have no idea how you dedicate this much time and effort into arguing with someone about football. Just... enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Madridista11 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@SoccerBoss You took an excerpt of what I said and left out all of the good things that I have said?! "Shocking"

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@SoccerBoss You took an excerpt of what I said and left all of the good things that I have said?! "Shocking"

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Amir No disrespect, but it seems to me like you are on these forms to troll and be childish. Not once have I seen you contribute in an argument and your garbage a$$ memes ain't funny either.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Madridista11

Okay then.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

That's how media works by writing the story that will sell the most, like someone previously said. Even "sports" papers like Marca don't even make mention of the calls that favored Bayern on the 2nd leg. That's why I just look the other way when people say Marca is pro Madrid when there are numerous times when they only talk about controversy that favors Madrid and omit the ones that don't. The media outlets you mentioned are the same, but to give them credit I did see that Cristiano's hat-trick was the cover in most websites/papers I saw.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Yvan21: spot on

Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@Yvan: I wasn't talking about the media outlets that are known to be biased. For instance, of course Madrid based paper and a Munich based paper will print a completely different picture. I am not talking about those. They are biased, as they have a right to be considering their location and what they represent.

My beef was with those that are supposed to be 'neutral'. Look at the cartoon I posted, that was posted on a site that is 'supposed' to be neutral.

This is not the only incident either that I've come to such a conclusion. As I mentioned, the way players of Real Madrid are represented as opposed to those of its rival. Even the way the clubs are represented, for instance Real Madrid even to this day are considered as a club that 'buys' its success. I'm sorry for bringing up Barca again, but on the other hand they are considered as a noble club that produces its own stars.

Yet look at the past 3 years, and see who has spent more in the market. Who has promoted more players from their academies to their first team. Yet, the assumption remains. In the media, in the people who watch the sport, and etc.

Perhaps I'm just complaining about the fact that Barcelona won. They've won a propaganda war against Real Madrid.