Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

the best one season wonders
nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

im really hoping salah isnt a one season wonder, and theres lots of evidence he wont be. but it got me thinking about the best players who were just incredible in a single season, then disappeared for one reason or another (eg. relegated, injured).

yakubu - blackburn - 2011/12 - scored 17 goals

michu - swansea - 2012/13 - scored 18 goals
i remember him just being unplayable

who are your favourite one season wonders?

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Yup, I also thought Michu was a one season wonder. I might also want to add Adel Taarabt to your list. I remembered the overwhelming hype around him after single handedly carrying QPR to the PL, but boy was he an absolute disgrace to look at when he played his first game against Bolton.

Ever since then, there were fractions of magic in him, but he was overall a disappointment ever since he set foot in the PL. He's barely making the cut for himself now however...in Italy (surprise, surprise).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yup, I also thought Michu was a one season wonder. I might also want to add Adel Taraabt to your list. I remembered the overwhelming hype around him after single handedly carrying QPR to the PL, but boy was he an absolute disgrace to look at when he played his first game against Bolton.

Ever since then, there were fractions of magic in him, but he was overall a disappointed ever since. He's doing alright for himself now...in Italy (surprise, surprise).

Yup, I also thought Michu was a one season wonder. I might also want to add Adel Taraabt to your list. I remembered the overwhelming hype around him after single handedly carrying QPR to the PL, but boy was he an absolute disgrace to look at when he played his first game against Bolton.

Ever since then, there were fractions of magic in him, but he was overall a disappointment ever since he set foot in the PL. He's barely making the cut for himself now however...in Italy (surprise, surprise).

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Not quite a one season wonder but Papiss Demba Cisse scored like 13 goals in 14 PL games, when Newcastle signed him in the 11/12 season, and they finished above us.

I guess Wilfred Bony is another, but he's still got time on his side. He had 16 PL goals in the 13/14 season. Hasn't been in double-digit scoring since.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago

oh man that cisse goal vs chelsea

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Yep, still don't know how I feel about it.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I always thought Adebayor. Had great first (seasons) at Arsenal, City, Spurs but just seemed to be half the player for every season after.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Giuseppe Rossi is a great mention... had a fantastic season with Villarreal a number of years back, but then couldn't stay healthy for long.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

paulo henrique ganso AKA neymar's santos teammate. at sevilla currently, but rarely heard after that santos 2011 success.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Saido Berahino.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Could Vardy or Marhez count? I know they are still good but nowhere as impressive as the season they won the league. And Payet for West Ham maybe? His first season was incredible but he hasn't been as instrumental for any of his club since I believe (even though, he is doing better in France).

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

pastore

10 1583

hatem ben arfa, great at nice, but flop at psg. great dribbler, a youtube player.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@thebaldgenius Ben Arfa kind of asked for that, he went to PSG for money but should have realized he wouldn't be able to grab a first team place when there so many younger and talented player who were already key at the club.

10 1583

@emo it's sad, because if his full potential can get into current france squad as a sub.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Kind of want to say Andrey Arshavin but I'm not sure he fits. Can't believe that MF is 36 now.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago

which season sunflash?

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Wenger ;)

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Pelle Bruh, not cool. Aren't you both a PSG and Arsenal fan btw? :)

• History

@Pelle Bruh, not cool. Aren't you both a PSG and Arsenal fan btw?

Aubameyang 6 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

Messi

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

I wasnt serious... I would have liked seeing him coach PSG. Yeah Arsenal is the team I root for in EPL.

• History

I wasnt serious :)

I wasnt serious... I would have liked sewing him coach PSG.

I wasnt serious... I would have liked sewing him coach PSG. Yeah Arsenal is the team I root for in EPL.

Yvan21 6 years ago Edited
0 440

Erik Lamela? and maybe Sandro Ramirez heading there too? hopefully not

• History

Erik Lamela?