Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

THE big problem with the Netherlands... might miss another World cup
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

FYI the Dutch KNVB just sacked his "former" manager Blind 24 hours after the humiliated defeat against Bulgaria (which left Netherlands at the 4th place with only 7th points).

Fcuk!!!! The Dutch might miss another major competition on the national scale (after the last embarrassing European unqualified campaign BIG THANKS to Hiddink).

What ARE their problems?
*- No young star whatsoever on top of all the aging stars

• Ego?
  • The weather? And they eat too much cheeses
  • *The SWITCHING of style*...***

For the last point, it's partially KNVB's fault. After Luis Van Gaal led the Dutch to the bronze in the last world cup using COUNTER-ATTACKING system (the Dutch also was an underdog back then with no expectation, aging star, no strootman etc, and counter-attacking is always there to SAVE the day :D).

In the last couple of years, KNVB wanted to go back to the nation's attacking, passing style.

Guud Hiddink, and Blind both have failed miserably.

Now they WANT LUIS VAN GAAL BACK. :D

Comments
expertfootball11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Honestly seeing the Dutch so bad is shocking, I think after the 2010 WC the transition between the old and young generation wasn't done very well, and even in 2014 they managed to finish 3rd because Robben saved the day and seriously Hiddink is a useless coach, apart from Chelsea all his other international teams that he coached are faliing such as Russia or Turkey.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

He's a nice guy indeed, but doesn't have the right character to handle such a transition period, the steps he left were horrible and had a really long lasting impact.

He did do well with South Korea mate.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

After they cheated in the world cup vs Mexico, this is all karma ;)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i have respect for the dutch as a team. they were great a team and great rivals of argentina. but if i'm not mistaken they never won anything, or they might've won a single trophy. if they couldn't win with the "la mechanica naranja", they certainly can't win anything with these players, they're super average and the great ones are now old. to be fair there's also 6 games left and they are only a game behind for the runners up position, so i think we should chill a little. they can definitely get back in it.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Golazo: if you believe so. Any team cheats at some points if you look at them closely (if you consider dive, cry, etc... NONE are clean except the sucky ones).

@Gonzi: yeah, they haven't won much. But they can upset any of the top 3 teams in the world. They are a relatively small country compare to all of the other giants. And their league is always the 2rd or 3rd tier. Despite that, they are always considered among the top 10 when it comes to national team. That's more of my point,

It's not yet a disaster, but it looks like history is repeating itself. 3 years ago the Dutch was in a very similar position and they couldn't qualify for the European Cup. An immediate action needs to be taken.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I am happy he is gone, but the regret comes all from LVG in 2014. He has shown tactical power in every game except against Argentina. Had he played Krul, and RVP, we might have beat Argentina.

League only plays a minor factor, just look at Belgium.

I am not confident, but if the Netherlands get LVG, maybe I might feel confident again.

Golazo111

they cheated in the world cup vs Mexico

Lol.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Truth hurts dutch boys.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Golazo That first video with the music... Hilarious.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

The players from 2010 generation, Sneijder, van Bronckhorst, de Jong, weren't replaced with quality individuals. Combined with shitty manager everything will fail. And that's what happened. Not to mention how best Dutch talents almost always fail (same as English and even Croatian) - Bakkali, Depay (partially), Boetius, Bazoer (from best young midfielder to joining Wolfsburg), Elia, Babel, Drenthe, Lens, van der Wiel, and list goes on.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Golazo
First, at best it was a ref mistake in 2010, no South American team could pretend to be 100% fair play Golazo, 2ndly your beloved Ronaldo made his teammate Rooney red carded for free, thats Big competitions, competitors in big events wants the win more than ethics and few players escape from it ( Maradona and Henry handball, Ronaldo dives, Suarez, Neymar and the list is long )

And it happened long time ago, there is no need going off topic because you have personal hard feeling on that loss, i was chearing for Mexico too... not an argument to hate Holland forever.

@Tuan for me its formation, the actual generation is not as talented/experienced as the previous ones, few names playing in PL getting some hype and Robben...
Somehow Dutch Football exports less players to other leagues and only produce physical ones, but Football is about cycles even Germany got a struggling era despite qualifying consistently. Holland has the infrastructure and the knowledge to turn things around if they get back to basics...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo
First, at best it was a ref mistake in 2010, no South American team could pretend to be 100% fair play Golazo, 2ndly your beloved Ronaldo made his teammate Rooney red carded for free, thats Big competitions, competitors in big events wants the win more than ethics and few players escape from it ( Maradona and Henry handball, Ronaldo dives, Suarez, Neymar and the list is long )

And it happened long time ago, there is no need going off topic because you have personal hard feeling on that loss, i was cheating for Mexico too... not an argument to hate Holland forever.

@Tuan for me its formation, the actual generation is not as talented/experienced as the previous ones, few names playing in PL getting some hype and Robben...
Somehow Dutch Football exports less players to other leagues and only produce physical ones, but Football is about cycles even Germany got a struggling era despite qualifying consistently. Holland has the infrastructure and the knowledge to turn things around if they get back to basics...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

At best you are just wrong.
But we all know you are just trying to invent something in a silly attempt to make Robben look as he didn't dive but we all know he in fact does and has been diving.
Pointing out other players, doesn't make your case stronger either, it's unrelated to what I stated.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He dived, what do you do when Ronaldo dives, and he does so consistently. You close your eyes ?

Your personal issues with Holland is not the point of the thread anyway, who's making it silly here ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He dived, what do you do when Ronaldo dives, and he does so consistently. You close your eyes ?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So he did dive. Good. We agree then.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

I have to admit, Netherlands did cheat, Robben did dive.

But again, every team does that.

@tiki: true that. That's what I meant to, formation sometimes closes to philosophy. A 4 3 3 is obviously for attacking, a 5 3 2 or 3 5 2 would mean counter attacking (especially from LVG's book).

LVG took the best out of an aging Netherlands, and acknowledge the fact that we sucked, it's best to play safe and hit hard on counter using the brilliant of Robben (it's ONLY worked because of Robben). Hiddink failed to do that when he changed the philosophy (on KNVB's demand)...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

In general what they did is ok for the future, they will miss a Euro like they did but in some years they will have a stable team, right now they are young but in 3 years they will be playing World cups and Euro cups, thats how a healthy generation swap can sometimes look.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If it's karma for cheating than probably every single team should miss it either Champions League or World Cup.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Guys, Golazo support America, of course the fact that Netherland blatantly cheated Mexico out of the world cup would made him espcially mad against them. I for one agree with him and wish him my sympathy, that game for sure wasn't fair for Mexico. Hopefully, it won't happen in the next world cup. ;)

PS: Sorry if I got it wrong Golazo when I interpreted you were a Mexican supporter. Please tell me if I was, wouldn't want to make the mistake again. ;)