Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Evolution Of FIFA
BarryyRobertson 7 years ago
1 1

It’s very easy nowadays to slam the controller down when you’ve conceded a last-minute goal and blame the game for your error, but when you look back at the FIFA video game series’ development over the last 24 years since its birth in 1993, you’ve really got nothing to complain about.
So we decided to take a trip down memory lane and track the development of FIFA, game-by-game, from start to finish, to see just how far the franchise has come from its humble 2D, diagonal camera view beginnings, to today in all its glory.

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Welcome to FR mate.

Thanks for the link. Image copied from the link here:

enter image description here

danteskyhigh 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 0 24

Some years ago I used to think FIFA is better and more realistic than PES... but then that's the problem, the oligopoly between two brands makes us dive into the question of which one is better, rather than "Is this the best EA/Konami has to offer?".

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

As a primarly FIFA player ever since FIFA 08 and generally only play career mode, I think FIFA has regressed in a lot of ways. Its quite obvious the primary focus is Ultimate Team since that generates money outside of the game purchase. Manager mode has been really the exact same since 2010 and has only changed in the UI. Its sad but maybe they will add more depth to features like youth squad, contract negotiations, realistic or smarter AI transfers, and soooo many more.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

PES in 2004-2007 was amazing.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@danteskyhigh If we could have FIFA license, Online mode and Menu and add PES player graphic and Gameplay, we could the best ever football game in the world. Never gonna happen though, not until EA buy back the Konami branch who do PES at least and who if this will ever happen.

@Croatian To be fair, the last 3 PES game have been pretty good as well.

@Raimondo This! Why EA doesn't seem to care about career mode? They should have have left out the journey (wich is not even playable on older console like PS3 and Xbox) and focus only on making career mode better, making some cutscene for when your manager or player would win a game, talk to the press or receive trophy. Come on, it couldn't be so hard and it would have been so much better than the journey. :( No doubt the journey will now be a episodic thing and while be present in both FIFA 2018 and 2019, meaning they will keep spending a lot of time on that instead of improving career mode.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Im still so pissed that fifa got rid of the creation center- loved drafting players, making dream teams, then creating tournaments for me and my friends

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty EA are good at fackin up what they once did right. Sorry for you lad. :(

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

EA probably already got FIFA 18 done, there's barely anything they upgrade, you can probably just expect 0,001% better graphics and probably the continuing of the journey. Sadly it's EA who makes FIFA..

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy And the fact they pay big money to own the license of certain league and team mean other company can't really competition on the same ground as them, limiting the chance to have any serious competitor. Its also why we don't have official license of certain league in game like Football Manager. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy And the fact they pay big money to own the license of certain league and team mean other company can't really competition on the same ground as them, limiting the chance to have any serious competitor. Its also why we don't have official license of certain team in game like Football Manager. :(

Croatian 7 years ago

It's typical EA. They need to rebalance whole UT, and create a new career mode from start. This one is bs. That's why I'm sticking with PES. FIFA Mobile too. I play it sometimes but they are like moneybaggers. 10 over 100 pace players, that just proves my point. Wouldn't mind if some of FIFA Mobile stuff gets to real UT tho.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Great, a comrade! All hail PES, may come a day when they will fix their license issue. ;D

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

you don't need 100 pace in FUT, all you need is Musa, Martial, Kante, Smalling, Bailly and Butland.

Croatian 7 years ago

@Emo, yeah ;) PES has much less budget than FIFA and does decent job every year. If I'm gonna play career mode, there is no need to buy FIFA which is also more expensive (atleast here in Croatia) than PES.