Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Manchester Derby - Predictions & Thoughts
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

Wow! Time has flown by and on Thursday night will be the Manchester derby!

Well, of course i will be wanting United to win. And, if they do, they can move up to 4th position or if they win by 3+ goals, (near to impossible, unless Bravo goes in goal!! Lol!) Utd can leapfrog City and move up to 3rd!! (And hopefully stay there!! Lol!) Man Utd will be without Ibra and Rojo who could be huge losses, but without Ibra, United could use the pace of Rashford, Martial Mkhitaryan etc to demoralise City's defense.

City, however have lost David Silva due to injury, but and it is a big but, Gabriel Jesus is set to return....... Bad news for United fans like me. If City do win they will go 4 pts clear of United again and Utd have still got Tottenham and Arsenal left to play... :( City also though have got a pacy attack with Sane, Jesus, Aguero, Sterling etc. But if Herrera does what he did to Hazard to De Bruyne, Utd once again have a little more hope!

What do you people think? Who do you want to win? What are your predictions? I am quite nervous tbh, United just need to do what they did against Chelsea at Old Trafford and hopefully they should be fine! :)

My prediction: City 1-2 United

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wow! Time has flown by and on Thursday night will be the Manchester derby!

Well, of course i will be wanting United to win. And, if they do, they can move up to 4th position or if they win by 3+ goals, (near to impossible, unless Bravo goes in goal!! Lol!) Utd can leapfrog City and move up to 3rd!! (And hopefully stay there!! Lol!) Man Utd will be without Ibra and Rojo who could be huge losses, but without Ibra, United could use the pace of Rashford, Martial Mkhitaryan etc to demoralise City's defense.

City, however have lost David Silva due to injury, but and it is a big but, Gabriel Jesus is set to return....... Bad news for United fans like me. If City do win they will go 4 pts clear of United again and Utd have still got Tottenham and Arsenal left to play... :( City also though have got a pacy attack with Sane, Jesus, Aguero, Sterling etc. But if Herrera does what he did to Hazard to De Bruyne, Utd once again have a little more hope!

What do you people think? Who do you want to win? What are your predictions? I am quite nervous tbh, United just need to do what they did against Chelsea at Old Trafford and hopefully they should be fine! :)

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

United need it more, but I nearly always defer to the home team.

Draw would be my guess, but I wouldn't be shocked to see City put on a clinic. Blind at CB hurts my soul.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

@SunFlash Yeah i completely agree.. :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Draw seem more realist but I reckon United is in better form.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Its tough. I hope Mou doesnt pull some crazy ideas and use our best system.

City's confident is so low now which is a huge advantage for us. Rooney seems doing great and put Mkhi next to hm, supported by Pogba would be awesome.

City 2 3 MU

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

If I were Jose I would question whether I should rest Bailly in this match or play him so that he can be rested for the Celts Vigo match. It's time to see whether Smalling or Jones, specifically Jones, is ready to prove his worth for our club because frankly I see him as a liability.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Iheartfootball To be fair, I alway thought Jones was decent when not injured (wich is not a lot) but I might be wrong. Also, being decent is not alway enough and I can understand that.

@tuan Rashford as striker? Still remember his goal against City last year. :D

• History

@Iheartfootball To be fair, I alway thought Jones was decent when not injured (wich is not a lot) but I might be wrong. Also, being decent is not alway enough and I can understand that.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@iheartfootball Is there official confirmation that Jones is available? Because I don't think he's back from injury yet. Bailly should play and then he can be rested against Swansea on Sunday.

City's confidence is rock bottom, which can be a good thing for us or a very bad thing, depending on how Guardiola motivates his team.
City 1-2 United

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Pep always wins against mourinho, 2-0 city.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I expect City with a win but..enter image description here

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Looks like Pogba will miss the derby.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Felaini is disgusting.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

You can bet LVG was rubbing one out watching that boring game.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Probably the best game i have watched this season!

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Looool! @chelsea8 and @SunFlash. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

this team compared to Sir Alex Manchester United is not even 5% worthy of respect.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea I can feel the power of irony is strong with you young padawan.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I told this to my father while watching the game:
"City will win if only Yaya Toure gets the chance to shoot from 30 yards, otherwise game will end 0-0"
Yaya Toure never hit the ball.

• History

I told this my father while watching the game:
"City will win if only Yaya Toure gets the chance to shoot from 30 yards, otherwise game will end 0-0"
Yaya Toure never hit the ball.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

When Mourinho decides to close a game, its over :)

He had every right to do so knowing the missing players of the starting XI and City defensive problems. Draw was fair.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

24 games undefeated from United in PL, they broke SAF record of 2010/11 but some draws were avoidable. Mou building from the back in his first year, Im expecting huge reinforcements this transfer market upfront.