Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The most crazy stuff that happened in your career mode.
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

So, as some people might know, I'm not the biggest fan of Fifa but that didn't stopped me from playing the 12 and have great moment with it in my career mode. I wanted to put a thread to share the kind of thing wich happen to you in your career mode for a while but since I knew this was gonna be a huge post, I never took the time to do it. Well, now I do. So here I go.

Fifa 12: CSKA Moscow and the reason why I love Honda
Back in the day I was playing fifa 12, I didn't knew a thing about football, so I took CSKA Moscow thinking a russian team must have been pretty cool (no pun intented). In the case of CSKA, I wasn't too wrong, it was a pretty good team by the league stantard but the one thing wich made me remember this career above the other was a player in the rooster, Keisuke Honda, wich was one of the best player in the team. The fact that he had a unique face in the game and was japanese also helped him stand out from the rest of the player. So anyway, I was still pretty inexperienced back then and never managed to score freekick until then. I still remember my first goal from a free kick... well, I don't but I remember that it was Honda who scored it and I remember it felt incredible. Since then, Honda became a starter for my team and one of my best player until a sad event happened. The poor guy got homesick... he wanted to leave, I tried everything to try to change his mind but there was nothing I could do... I was devastated. He left not long after the start of the career and I have to say I was pretty sad even though I managed to get him back later to much delight. It was at this moment that I realized the kind of emotional impact a game like fifa could have on its player thanks to those little event happening around the match.

Fifa 12: Torino, Glik and Glory
So, after managing CSKA for something like seven year and bringing them to greatness, I thought I would try something else. This time, I would go try with a team in the second division of a league and so, I chosed to take Torino (they were in Serie B back then). Now, I know what your going to say, bringing Torino out of Serie B wasn't very challenging and your right, it was pretty easy, but to be sincere, I didn't really care too much for the challenge, I was mostly just playing for fun. Anyway, there this player in the team, Kamil Glik, wich I wasn't too sure to keep, I had managed at some point to get better (or younger) defender than him and he was mostly a sub. Later in the career, he would ask to be transfered to get more playing time. Back then I laugh and thought: "if that what he want, I will oblige him". However, Glik had missed his chance as the next transfer window was far off. Later on, he changed his mind and said he wanted to fight for his place... I gotta say I wasn't too sure now what to do. But what really convinced me was at a match of Copa Italia against Roma. It was an annoyingly though game, where I wasn't able to make the difference in 120 min. We went to penality and I gotta say I didn't felt very confident. It went for a long time, with a lot of success and quite a few miss as well. So here we are, something like 7 shot after the beginning of the penality shoot-out and the Roma player miss his target. I know I have to score the next one but I had no idea who had to take it, then I see Glik going to take the next and start thinking "oh no, he's going to miss it for sure", well you can imagine my suprise when it actually got in and that Torino managed to win that game thank to him. From that moment on, Glik became a starter in my squad and I swore I would let him retire at Torino.

Fifa 12: Rooney at Barcelona
Yes, its at ridiculous as it sound but in one of my career mode, I chose to manage Barcelona and had to get Rooney, now, you propably gonna say that ridiculous, in Fifa 12, Barcelona had both Villa and Messi, so why would you get Rooney? I will explain, when I made this career, I chose not to put the difficulty too high since it had been a while since I last played. Let's just say Messi didn't take it kindly to me destroying the other team while getting used to the control. He simply came to my office one day and said "I'm too good for this" and just like that, he chose to left. At first, I was like, is that a joke? But then the direction came and say that they had put him on the transfer list, I was completely suprised to say the least. Still, with the money I made from selling Messi to Manchester City (they also would buy Zlatan and Ronaldo later on if I remember correctly), I was able to get a replacement for Messi and guess who was a high rated striker back in Fifa 12? Wayne Rooney. I mean, when you think about it now, its ridiculous, who would sell Messi to get Rooney, it sure would make no sense today but back then I didn't really have a choice. At the end of the day, Wayne was decent for me in Barcelona but I still remember that one classico he had a real chance of a one on one against Cassilas and then decided to have cramp on the line of the box. That was when I considered the poor lad to be overated, even though I still remember my game with him fondly.

So anyway, sorry for the long post, but it was something I wanted to share with you guys for a while, I hope it will inspire you to come and share some of the most interesting story you had on Fifa... or PES, not that I consider PES to have interesting side event when your not in the middle of a game wich is a shame when you think about it. So yeah, I hope you will find that interesting and share with the rest of us what was the most crazy stuff that happened to you in your career mode! :D

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've only ever played 3 FIFA's, 08, 14, and 16. Of those three, I spent far more time on career mode on the 08 version. However, nothing really stands out from what I remember except one thing: when I stopped playing my Manchester United career, Anderson had a higher rating than Ronaldo and Messi.

In FIFA 14, I transferred both Ronaldo and Messi onto my Inter Milan side. They both decided to be injured for more than 50% of the season, which was my first try on Legendary, and as a result, I missed the CL spots.

In FIFA 16, there isn't really anything that is too amusing/funny/ridiculous, I just couldn't put any decent amount of time in to make a good career, my longest was only three years. On Legendary, the AI just passes the ball among the defence and it just isn't fun to play. If I lower the difficulty, I win games 8-0, which is hardly immersive and not fun either. So I leaned more into FUT in FIFA 16 at the expense of career mode.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@sunflash Thats too bad for 16, maybe you should try playing around with the slider? Please tell me EA still have those, those thing were lifesaver back in fifa 12.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

In FIFA 09:
Messi and Ronaldo always gew to 99 and the highest any other player could reach was 98 (Jesus Navas) but one day I scouted a Sanish CB and he was 85 rated at 18 and grew to 99. Was only worth 7M. Whereas Mess who was 32 and downgraded to 98, and pato who was 31 and rated 95, where worth 56 and 43M respectively. Glitch?

In FIFA 14: On the iPad version all players just randomly grow based on time not how they play. Eriksen grew to 94 by sitting on my bench in a career mode once.

Whenever I do a Barca Career mode I always sell Messi and Wolfsburg always come in with a bid around 50. If I managed them the budget is 18M. Less than half of 50.

In FIFA 16:
Juventus ALWAYS buy Alaba.
Vietto ALWAYS grows to 80 after the first season.
Players say they are homesick and go to clubs from countries even more far from home.
Ive never played FIFA 16 career mode.

Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

In Fifa16 I made beast squad with Ajax and it just disappeared one day :( It had 92 Bazoer (I also recently saw 98 Bazoer on twitter) and 90 Tielemans. I love CM in Fifa because how far can youth go... It's way different from PES in which only well-known players can get 90+ (Varane, Gaya, Barkley...)

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Fifa is cool on that matter but its kind of hard to say if its realistic or not. Not that it matter, its way more fun. :D

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I have won the league with Arsenal, does it count as a crazy stuff? :D

liomessi10 8 years ago

^if it's in fifa 05 or past thet then it makes sense.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Quikzyyy No, its not. ;p

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I recall a few things.

Getting Bradford City from 4th tier to EPL
Having a scouted player named Cristiano Ronaldo (FIFA 12)
Having a scouted player at age 16 being 71 overall with 99 potential!
Last minute bicycle kick winner in the UCL final vs Barcelona. (FIFA 11 with Quaresma)
Being one of the top 100 for the penalty skill challenge in FIFA 15

liomessi10 8 years ago

I scouted a mexican striker who was 16 and 78 rated with only 84 potential.