Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The new Bernabeu / Nuevo Bernabeu
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

According to a few reliable Real Madrid news / info twitter and websites, Madrid's municipality will approve Bernabeu's remodeling plan today.

Here's a video of how the stadium will look, and how they will remodel it. During this work, it doesn't look like the stadium will be closed for any period.

It will however completely change the way it looks from the outside, as well as features inside the stadium.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

According to a few reliable Real Madrid news / info twitter and websites, Madrid's municipality will approve Bernabeu's remodeling plan today.

Here's a video of how the stadium will look, and how they will remodel it. During this work, it doesn't look like the stadium will be closed for any period.

It will however completely change the way it looks from the outside, as well as features inside the stadium. Here's a video:

Comments
JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I think that Perez is sickening me with that brolove for Zidane. Yeah he was the maestro and the greatest player of his generation but I believe Ronaldo did far more in the club as a PLAYER than Zidane actually did.

10 TEAM titles vs 6 TEAM titles, ok Ronaldo has more time given but that does not mean anything he is past his 30 and he still aims for global success. It is about time for Perez to stop this fetish with Zidane and applause Ronaldo a little bit more. I understand Zidane gave stability to Real but Ronaldo gives everything for his club and its glory. He lost his son's mother to train further and keep himself to the top. Putting him ahead of Zidane in a huge stadium screen won't hurt Zidane's ego and public image.

I might be the only one having this feeling but this is internet and we can share fk all I guess?

Btw Berbabey looks amazing Amerr and sorry for off-topic c:

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Im getting a Allianz Arena rip off vibe from it. I dont particularly like modern stadiums especially when they completely cover the top. Its an ok stadium. Real certainly have the cash for it and it wouldnt even affect them in transfers in the slightest.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo will get his due respect in time. It's not as apparent yet since he's still playing for the club, but everyone in Madrid will be heartbroken when Ronaldo leaves or retires. He's already widely regarded as our second-greatest ever player behind Di Stefano.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I understand but it is just that Perez represents Zidane like his collectible, his own property, his best ever buy etc. Because no one can really say anything bad about this player. He doesnt back Ronaldo as much as he does with Zidane I believe personally Ronaldo's love for Madrid has been proven a while ago.

Guess I am just a bit weird on those matters and get that feeling.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's probably because Ronaldo doesn't really like Perez all that much, and Perez knows it. Ronaldo's had conflicts with Perez in the past too, especially with the sales of Ozil, di Maria, Alonso, and Higuain - all of whom were great friends with Ronaldo. Ronaldo felt that Perez didn't do enough to keep players who he thought were important members of the squad.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

I guess I back down that case. Did not knew that at all

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Wow, that looks awesome! Pure and modern. Feels like the opposite architecture to that of the Stamford Bridge restructuring.

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

especially with the sales of Ozil, di Maria, Alonso, and Higuain - all of whom were great friends with Ronaldo. Ronaldo felt that Perez didn't do enough to keep players who he thought were important members of the squad.

Now I have a question for you. Given that Real won the CL twice after the departures of Ozil and Higuain, and once after that of Alonso and Di Maria...

...who was right?

Do you think that Perez was vindicated, or that Ronaldo was correct in his complaints?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Interesting question. I would point out that most of RM's success in the late rounds of the UCL has been down to their defence (they went to extra time in both finals and 1-nilled past City in the semis). From where I'm sitting, that's because of good managerial tactics from Carlo, and then from Zidane - I've written about Casemiro's place regarding that in particular for their most recent UCL.

I think that Perez is vindicated because of the success, but I also don't think Ronaldo was wrong. Who could have predicted that Zidane would be a managerial revelation?

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

At the time, Ronaldo was right. Partially because the future contained much uncertainty, and he didn't want to risk Real collapsing because of the departures of key players. Although I suspect Ronaldo didn't make a huge deal about it because Perez reassured him that he would bring able replacements for the players. But a few things played out which led to us winning two CL's.

Departure of Ozil and Higuain

• Ancelotti arrived but no play-maker was bought to replace Ozil. Neither was there a striker brought in for Higuain. Ronaldo clearly distraught by the lack of replacements for two players he believed to be quality.
  • But Ancelotti showed Madrid just how bloody brilliant Luka Modric was, so he became the automatic replacement for Ozil's play-making. Moreover, Morata broke into the first team on a consistent basis, so everything paid off. Isco also performed very well, which helped out in midfield.
  • Our CL triumph came as a little surprise, but it was well-worth the wait. Moreover, our team was tremendously good that season, and it's hard to argue we didn't deserve it.

Departure of di Maria and Alonso

• More tense because both were key members of our line-up (especially ADM, who was a fan-favorite and won MOTM in the CL final). James was brought in, but I think Ronaldo (and most of the other players) did not like James in the beginning because James seemed to be estranged from the squad for the first couple of months. The players seemed upset that a proven, loyal player in ADM was sold for a one-hit wonder in James.
  • Alonso wanted to leave of his own accord, and Ronaldo felt Perez did not do enough to try to convince Alonso to stay. I think Ronaldo was right in this matter because Alonso is one of the finest midfielders of his generation, and letting a man who possesses as much experience and leadership capabilities as Alonso is not a matter of joke. Moreover, the Asier and Casemiro experiments in the previous season did not go as planned, which led to Casemiro being loaned. Asier was kept, but he continually proved that he was a decent player, but not Madrid calibre.
  • 2014-15 had a great run with the James-Luka-Kroos tandem, which was the only midfield I have ever seen (or heard of) to function perfectly without a defensive-minded player. But Luka and James' injuries ruined our season, and we failed in the CL and La Liga. Ancelotti's dismissal caused even further tension between Ronaldo and Perez because Ronaldo was very insistent on keeping Ancelotti. All the players loved him and trusted him, but Perez clearly thought otherwise.
  • Benitez was given Hell from the players as retaliation against Perez, and when the poor guy was dismissed for Zidane, no one really expected anything out of our new manager. But Zidane's revelation has been a source of calm around the Bernabeu because no man in Madrid doubts Zidane's loyalty and devotion to Real.

Clearly Ronaldo realizes that things ultimately worked out, but imagine if we never bought James but kept ADM. We would be a much better team. Alonso's leadership qualities would also be immensely useful. Higuain's sale was fine because Morata exploded, but we should consider ourselves fortunate that Morata became as good as he is. Casemiro's revelation was also a stroke of luck for us, and Ozil's departure was negligible only because our entire formation and playing style has been changed.

Our acquisitions of Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, and Isco, as well as our promotions of Morata and Lucas helped our transition a lot. We are quite fortunate because those losses could have ended up to be quite painful, but we only truly feel the loss of ADM to this day. The other players have been superbly assimilated into the team. Credit to Perez and the board for realizing their previous mistakes and making genuine efforts to prevent them from happening again.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Lodatz

At the time, Ronaldo was right. Partially because the future contained much uncertainty, and he didn't want to risk Real collapsing because of the departures of key players. Although I suspect Ronaldo didn't make a huge deal about it because Perez reassured him that he would bring able replacements for the players. But a few things played out which led to us winning two CL's.

• Ancelotti arrived but no play-maker was bought to replace Ozil. Neither was there a striker brought in for Higuain. Ronaldo clearly distraught by the lack of replacements for two players he believed to be quality.
  • But Ancelotti showed Madrid just how bloody brilliant Luka Modric was, so he became the automatic replacement for Ozil's play-making. Moreover, Morata broke into the first team on a consistent basis, so everything paid off. Isco also performed very well, which helped out in midfield.
  • Our CL triumph came as a little surprise, but it was well-worth the wait. Moreover, our team was tremendously good that season, and it's hard to argue we didn't deserve it.

• More tense because both were key members of our line-up (especially ADM, who was a fan-favorite and won MOTM in the CL final). James was brought in, but I think Ronaldo (and most of the other players) did not like James in the beginning because James seemed to be estranged from the squad for the first couple of months. The players seemed upset that a proven, loyal player in ADM was sold for a one-hit wonder in James.
  • Alonso wanted to leave of his own accord, and Ronaldo felt Perez did not do enough to try to convince Alonso to stay. I think Ronaldo was right in this matter because Alonso is one of the finest midfielders of his generation, and letting a man who possesses as much experience and leadership capabilities as Alonso is not a matter of joke. Moreover, the Asier and Casemiro experiments in the previous season did not go as planned, which led to Casemiro being loaned. Asier was kept, but he continually proved that he was a decent player, but not Madrid calibre.
  • 2014-15 had a great run with the James-Luka-Kroos tandem, which was the only midfield I have ever seen (or heard of) to function perfectly without a defensive-minded player. But Luka and James' injuries ruined our season, and we failed in the CL and La Liga. Ancelotti's dismissal caused even further tension between Ronaldo and Perez because Ronaldo was very insistent on keeping Ancelotti. All the players loved him and trusted him, but Perez clearly thought otherwise.
  • Benitez was given Hell from the players as retaliation against Perez, and when the poor guy was dismissed for Zidane, no one really expected anything out of our new manager. But Zidane's revelation has been a source of calm around the Bernabeu because no man in Madrid doubts Zidane's loyalty and devotion to Real.

Clearly Ronaldo realizes that things ultimately worked out, but imagine if we never bought James but kept ADM. We would be a much better team. Alonso's leadership qualities would also be immensely useful. Higuain's sale was fine because Morata exploded, but we should consider ourselves fortunate that Morata became as good as he is. Casemiro's revelation was also a stroke of luck for us, and Ozil's departure was negligible only because our entire formation and playing style has been changed. Our acquisitions of Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, and Isco, as well as our promotions of Morata and Lucas helped our transition a lot. We are quite fortunate because those losses could have ended up to be quite painful, but we only truly feel the loss of ADM to this day. The other players have been superbly assimilated into the team.

@Lodatz

Clearly Ronaldo realizes that things ultimately worked out, but imagine if we never bought James but kept ADM. We would be a much better team. Alonso's leadership qualities would also be immensely useful. Higuain's sale was fine because Morata exploded, but we should consider ourselves fortunate that Morata became as good as he is. Casemiro's revelation was also a stroke of luck for us, and Ozil's departure was negligible only because our entire formation and playing style has been changed. Our acquisitions of Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, and Isco, as well as our promotions of Morata and Lucas helped our transition a lot. We are quite fortunate because those losses could have ended up to be quite painful, but we only truly feel the loss of ADM to this day. The other players have been superbly assimilated into the team. Credit to Perez and the board for realizing their previous mistakes and making genuine efforts to prevent them from happening again.