Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The true controversy?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

While people are still talking about Barca vs Roma and Juventus vs Real, I think they forget one another match who did bother me a bit by its results. Bayern vs Sevilla in the Allianz Arena. The game ended 0-0. Now, I might badly placed to make this thread as I know next to nothing to the game (don't blame me, Juventus were making a amazing comeback) but I still believe its worrying Bayern doesn't manage to score more before the semi, especially against one of the team who was expected to be the weakest among those that made it to the quarter-final. What worse, they only got through thanks to 2 own goal (second one sure look like one to me at least). Where is the goal scoring machine Bayern that we know and love? I guess I'm just a bit worried, I don't know if they will be able to be at the right level against team like Real and Liverpool. :(

Comments
raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Didn't see it but I read Sevilla were more interested in injuring Bayern than actually scoring. Lewa got a black eye.

matrix 6 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

They need alba back

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Well, in 2012 we barely passed against Arsenal, in 2011 we had a tought time in group stage and we had Napoli and City breathing down our neck.

Sevilla through both legs played on worst ways possible, fouls with consideration (Javi Martinez's leg was nearly broken after Correa's challenge in second leg), constant diving (which is ironic) and targetting Lewandowski with fouls. Awful football that was.

Personally, nah I'm not worried. It's Jupp after all.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian @Rai Didn't know it was dirty. Maybe you are right, maybe we shouldn't be too worried, after all, Montella did wonder with Sevilla defense this season so it doesn't mean as much as to not score against them. Let's see what they will do against team with less defensive focus.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im officially a Bayern/Roma/Liverpool fan lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Lol, not suprised to hear that. The question is, which one do you support the most. :P

Croatian 6 years ago

Well, we won 5-1 against Moenchengladbach yesterday and it is good sign I assume, they always give us a tough time.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Yeah, but I wish Jupp would rest more key player now that the Bundesliga is already won. I know he still got some time for it, but it would be great if his player were full of energy before the Real game. They are the only team who can really do that as well since all the other in the CL have reason to keep on winning in their own league, so its an advantage Bayern should try to use.

Croatian 6 years ago

I wanna see youngsters but Jupp didnt rotate yet, we have some gems in youth team.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Thats a very good point, would be a good time to lets some younger player get some experience, I'm sure it would be a great chance as well for them to learn under Jupp system as well! :D

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont think Bayern this year is as scary as they seems.

Most CL matches aren't that convincing, while in Germany they dominate the league (which is not really a surprise). I mean, they haven't faced a real test in both cups yet.

YOu can see that their stars are aging, not as they used to be 2 years ago.

I would never write a team like that off, but I would bet my money on Real.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Real will beat Bayern. I don’t think Bayern can match in form Real.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Bayern are very good team under Jupp but I think he doesn’t have the mix of young and in prime players that made Bayern machine under his management. What can Ribbery and Robben offer against pacy Real defenders? Not much.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I think teams should aspire to be at the level where they consistently make the UCL semifinals and people are like, "eh, whatever."

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

actually, robben was quite effective the last time bayern met madrid. marcelo being caught off position many times by the older winger. if jupp can set up his team to stop xavi and iniesta, I am pretty sure he will find a way to disrupt modric and kroos too. without crosses, ronaldo is isolated. tbf, jupp is worried more about his defence, when it comes to scoring, even pragmatic juventus can find ways to score 3 goals at bernabeu.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Ribery and Robben are still pacy though from what I seen this season.

@Sunflash Yes. You are absolutely right.

@thebaldgenius But its true Marcelo got even better and Robben kinda got a bit weaker... :( Still, I have faith in Jupp, if anyone can do it, its him. :)

Croatian 6 years ago Edited

@Marcus,

What can Ribbery and Robben offer against pacy Real defenders? Not much.

Yeah that is our biggest problem, without Coman we have less threat from wings. Ribery shouldn't start and Robben maybe COULD start. IMO still the best option is James+Muller (Coman would be starter 100% if he was fit).

But tbh, Marcelo and Carvajal are often caught out of position too.

@baldgenius, basically it should all be down to stopping Modrić and Kroos + tight marking on Cristiano. I believe Hummels and Boateng/Sule should defo do better in air and Alaba could stop attacks from our left side against Carvajal+Bale/Isco. Kimmich is only problem since he is defensively inexperienced but he's gonna need help, I'd start both Javi and Vidal or Rudy maybe, Thiago/James next to them and wings Muller and Robben (James is starting no matter what).

Epic match ahead.

EDIT: Vidal and Tolisso are both injured... fml.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Marcus,

What can Ribbery and Robben offer against pacy Real defenders? Not much.

Yeah that is our biggest problem, without Coman we have less threat from wings. Ribery shouldn't start and Robben maybe COULD start. IMO still the best option is James+Muller (Coman would be starter 100% if he was fit).

But tbh, Marcelo and Carvajal are often caught out of position too.

@baldgenius, basically it should all be down to stopping Modrić and Kroos + tight marking on Cristiano. I believe Hummels and Boateng/Sule should defo do better in air and Alaba could stop attacks from our left side against Carvajal+Bale/Isco. Kimmich is only problem since he is defensively inexperienced but he's gonna need help, I'd start both Javi and Vidal or Rudy maybe, Thiago/James next to them and wings Muller and Robben (James is starting no matter what).

Epic match ahead.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

@emo Pacy enough to outpace Marcelo and Carvajal who are both in their prime? I don't think so.

@Croatian

How are you going to force central midfielder James playing on the wing and Muller who likes to play behind the striker? Bayern will be shooting themselves in the foot by playing these players out of their natural position. Muller is quiet adaptable player but if Jupp wants best out of him, then he will play him in his natural position. I don't mean to sound cynical, but I hardly see how Bayern will come on top against in form, in prime Real with in form Ronaldo.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Ronaldo form is inconsistant at time though, he sometime have sick game in one match and a less impressive one the next. I agree its going to be hard for Bayern but they definetly got a better chance than some team who played Madrid this season, like PSG who was too inexperienced as a team for example. Heck, if Juventus managed to make it 4-3 over two leg, I expect Bayern to do something similar at least, especially if they get a bit more fortunate than last year.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

the juventus game plan proves a point tho. mandzukic who has more physique than carvajal can win headers at the far post 2x. I think instead of playing the game of pace all the time bayern should test madrid's physicality (muller is good at this). ever since alonso, khedira and pepe is gone, it's easier to score set piece / heading goals through real madrid. one thing for sure madrid will score at home, by how many? it depends on the defensive setup by jupp. at the same time madrid's defence isn't unscorable either. I think it would be best if bayern don't concede away goal at home, which is a big challenge without neuer.