Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Arsenal's invincibles are overrated.

Don't get me wrong, they were a truly fantastic team. But I think they were far from the invincible people made them out to be. Maybe it's because they're English that they were rated very highly? I'll never know...

• History

Arsenal's invincibles are overrated.

Don't get me wrong, they were a truly fantastic team. But I think they were far from the invincible people made them out to be. Maybe it's because they're English that they rated very highly? I'll never know...

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Neymar isn't as good as he is hyped up to be. True, he is great with his national team, but a lot of his goals for them have come because the entire team is set up to help him score.

Eden Hazard, Paul Pogba, and James Rodriguez are all better players and talents than Neymar.

• History

Neymar isn't as good as he is hyped up to be. True, he is great with his national team, but a lot of his goals for them have come because the entire team is set up to help him score. Eden Hazard is a better player and talent than Neymar.

Neymar isn't as good as he is hyped up to be. True, he is great with his national team, but a lot of his goals for them have come because the entire team is set up to help him score.

Eden Hazard is a better player and talent than Neymar.

Eden Hazard, Isco, and James Rodriguez are all better players and talents than Neymar.

Eden Hazard and James Rodriguez are both better players and talents than Neymar.

raimondo90 10 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Of the 4 remaining teams in the World Cup, Brazil and Holland don't deserve to be there.

It seems this year the very same people who criticized Chelsea's bus approach and called that poor, are now claiming that's world class and teams that struggle to score against those teams lucky. (In example Iran-Argentina)

• History

Of the 4 remaining teams in the World Cup, Brazil and Holland don't deserve to be there.

It seems this year the very same people who criticized Chelsea's big approach and called that poor, are now claiming that's world class and teams that struggle to score against those teams lucky. (In example Iran-Argentina)

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ballon d' Or this year should be given to the best performer of the World cup winner team.

In 2006, Etoo was Spanish League winner, Pichichi of La liga, CL winner scoring the equalizer who changed the game...
And they gave it to Cannavaro, Italian Captain WC winner.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Liverpool will figth for 4th place next season with tottenham and manutd. Top 3 is already set with city, chelsea and arsenal.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ United is top 3 next year...
Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton will compete for 4th place, if Gunners fail to buy QUALITY players....

• History

^ United is top 3 next year...

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Alexis Sanchez should be valued at around 40M because of his efforts in the league and the WC.

ashwin1729 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

^I think thats the bid Wenger put in, if goal.com is right...

@raimondo90: I can see Brazil...but how is Holland not supposed to be there? Yes Mexico played well for 65 minutes, but then turned off I'd say, or van Gaal changed his tactics. That Robben dive was a penalty; he just over acted it. To be honest, they are the most impressive team of the tournament so far...

• History

^I think thats the bid Wenger put in, if goal.com is right...

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Fabio Cannavaro on Globo Esporte: "It’s disrespectful to the goalkeeper. Who will be the goalkeeper in the next game? Imagine going in goal for the next match and realising you do not have the 100 per cent faith of the coach."

In short: Cannavaro, the Italian legend, disregarded Luis Van Gaal's great tactic of having Krul in to stop the Dutch penalty curse, claimed "it was disrespectful".

Now, THAT's an unpopular opinion.

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Despite all of the speculation about James Rodriguez going to Real Madrid, THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN. SUCK IT UP MADRISTAS

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tiki what about that chilean forward you have ? Sanchez I think his name is, he would do well for us. And what about that french guy debuchy who plays at RB ?

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

People, you cant reply to other comments. Thats the point of the thread.

My first unpopular oppinion would be regarding Argentina, who has been horrible the entire cup and didnt even deserve going through group stage, and dont even get me started on the other rounds.

iamRDM 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 32 202

paul pogba is coming to chelsea and we will win epl 5 times in a row.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Instead of getting a wage raise and transferring to one of the best teams on the planet (Barcelona) by essentially biting another player, Luis Suarez should be banned from ever stepping on a football field ever again.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Suarez move could come back to "bite" Barcelona

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Arsenal WILL spend over 70M this summer.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

"Thiago Silva will be a bigger loss than Neymar" - Mourinho

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Despite Benzema was a flop in the 13/14 season and missed many chances he will still get a new contract after the WC. Carlo was planning to sell him but when he played very good with France in the World Cup, Carlo changed his mind

Tuanis 10 years ago

The goalkeeper is the most important player in the team.

Tuanis 10 years ago Edited

English players are surely overrated by English teams but they are very underrated by the rest of the world.

• History

English players are sure overrated by English teams but they are very underrated by the rest of the world.