Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2016/17 Edition)
Tuanis 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute with your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

aa

In loving memory of user Vendetta...

Newer users have no idea of how fun these were a back then.

So just contribute your two cents in the conversation with an unpopular opinion.

Just remember: Don't reply to comments.

I'll leave the previous thread as a reference for those who don't know the format of the discussion.

Unpopular Opinion 14/15

Comments
louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

I think Mata is shit and I hope he is sold.

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Im starting off by saying. Zlatan is overrated atm. I honestly don't want him at United.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Zlatan would fail miserably in EPL.

Suarez is better than both Messi and Ronaldo at the moment.

Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

Sorry for being a loner, but I feel like I could express a lot of opinions in this forum however, I am so confused on what to comment and say.

What exactly does it mean by an unpopular opinion?

I know a lot of people will think that I am generally stupid but I have been very confused so if someone could explain to me how this works and maybe provide an example and explain why it is an "unpopular" opinion, that would be great please.

And I'm not kidding about this. I generally have no idea what is going on and what an unpopular opinion actually means.

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

" unpopular " something you believe may be true but far from being a popular opinion, saying that Atletico has one of the best défenses in Europe is not an unpopular opinion, its popular. Something you think most of us think the opposite.

Mine, Unei Emery is the most underrated coach at the moment.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Got a few, so bear with me.

1. Barcelona's "golden era" was tainted with controversy and cheaply won titles. They wouldn't have won all those titles if referees were more consistent and fair. Their whole 'era' was a complete set-up with the media kissing their ass.

2. Ronaldo is actually better than Messi. If groomed and raised in the same system for over a decade-and-a-half like Messi, Ronaldo would excel even more in the Barcelona possession system. There's a huge advantage to playing in the same system for 18 years versus changing the system every 2-3 years.

3. Guardiola has failed at Bayern during his time there. He has ruined their 'German' culture and failed to succeed in the European stage.

4. Heynckes' Bayern team in 2012-13 have been the best club team in the 21st century. Yes, better than Los Galacticos, better than Barcelona, better than Inter Milan, better than AC Milan, and better than Manchester United.

5. Mourinho, despite his controversies, did a fantastic job at Real Madrid. Madridistas should be kissing his feet, not cursing him.

6. Eden Hazard is hilariously overrated.

7. Neymar is also overrated, but not as much. He gets tremendous amounts of help from Suarez and Messi carrying his ass this season.

8. Suarez has been the best player of 2015-16.
louis_van_gaal 8 years ago Edited

Ankle injury or not, David Silva has been borderline mediocre since November, and a big reason why City have struggled in the league this season.

• History

Ankle injury or not, David Silva has been borderline mediocre since November, and a big reason why City have struggled in the league since then.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Anthony Martial is overrated, he hasnt even been near his price tag. The only reason he stands out is due to the terrible form United are in. If the team were in their regular form, even Rooney will shine more.

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Real Madrid are nowhere near as good as people make them out to be

• History

Real Madrid are nowhere near as good enough as people make them out to be

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Yaya Toure is highly overrated.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

lampard is the most complete player ever.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I hope Real Madrid win the Champions League, I know Atletico would be a great story and all, but I really didn't like how they handled themselves at the end of the Bayern game.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

The best and most passionate pitches are the Serbian at this moment.
Rest big clubs fans are a joke in terms of passion and shouting.

~

Real Madrid fans bottled the title for their team by booing and discouraging their own players at Benitez era.

• History

The best and most passionate pitches are the Serbian at this moment.
Rest big clubs fans are a joke in terms of passion and shouting.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Barcelona do not deserve at least 3-4 trophies (UCL or Copa or LaLiga) because they won them due to ref help in the semi final or the final.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Lewandoski have been very poor toward the end of the season, he is overated in my opinion.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

I am a Juve fan, I watch all of Juve's games. Pogba is overrated, there I said it. He is just...average. He is not deserving of the number 10 shirt. He attempts to be a play maker, but it is laughable. He does not have vision, he is not technically gifted enough to carry the team. Literally I watched 9 games straight this season where he takes long shots, and misses every one. Then when he takes one long shot and it goes in, everyone praises him, because people only watch the highlights. (By the way this is apparently one of his forte's...if people watched entire juve matches, they would see that it is frustrating to watch him play) His goal accuracy from length is terrible, I dare to say less than 5%. Of those shots he took from length, plays could have been made, players were open, but again coming back to my point previously, he is not good enough to be a midfield player, or an attacking player...so where does that leave him...on the bench in my honest opinion. If he were of greater skill and vision, then I would forgive him for his long shots, causing the team to lose rhythm. But he is not at a level where his selfish plays can be forgiven. He is not gifted enough to be selfish in the way he plays football.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Ousmane dembele is a balon d'or contender within the next 2 years and is better than iheanacho, rashford and Iwobi. I even think he can outshine players like Jese and saul

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Real Madrid doesn't deserve 6 champions league cups as they are European Cups with a complete different tournament, let alone the mafia they operated before was unstoppable. La Decima (and now undecima) is a farce to keep up with Barcelonas recent success in Spain and Europe.

I actually really love Atletico's dirty defensive style of play. In the UCL the point of this game is entirely just to win and hey, Atletico were doing that with this style so I don't see the problem.