Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Wayne Rooney Debate
Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

So I stumbled up this video where a United fan criticises Wayne Rooney for his recent performances.

Have a look:

When it came to Manchester United and Wayne Rooney in a conversation with my friends and family, I was saying pretty much the same thing about him, as Keith were saying, for the past few years!

His performance is AWFUL! I know he's a legend and he's done a lot for Manchester United, but I would seriously consider selling him.

I believe that because of him United are playing badly. I feel like recent managers (Moyes & LVG and now Mou) were building the game around Rooney and because of his performance, United are not doing very well.

Non of the managers got the balls to bench him for quite a while, I honestly don't know what he brings to the team now.

I'm reading that finally Mourinho will bench him for the upcoming game against Leicester and I sure as shit hope so!

What is your opinion on Wayne Rooney?

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady He is still good sometime but I agree he should be benched more, he's not as consistent as he was a few year ago. Let him come on only when he is really fresh and fit.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

If you're holding the team back, legend status doesn't matter.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

sell him.. he aint lethal no more.. mikhy can do a BETTER job than him imo..

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Rooney should definitely be benched. Mata, Mkhitaryan or maybe even Herrera could do much better in his position. I think some people are a bit deluded about him. He's nothing special to me. Apart from maybe 2 seasons, he never was world class.

I don't know if United should sell him. How much could they get for Rooney?

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I would just say: You either leave a hero, or play long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

He should leave but I just can't take Rooney being treated this way. He was the spark for United, the go-to man, ever since Ronaldo left. He's done more for the club than anyone in the past 15 years. And yet fans still sing Ronaldo's name and not Rooney's. It's a sad reality because he's been one of my favorite players growing up and I loved his passion and ferocity. People who didn't watch him in his younger days won't understand how f.ucking terrifying it was to face Wayne Rooney. So it kinda hurts to see people who've watched Rooney grow up at the club, just like I have, hating on him so much. I agree that he should be benched or sold if he's detrimental on the pitch, but at least treat the man with respect. After 13 years, 246 goals, and 14 trophies you'd think he deserves some.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He should leave but I just can't take Rooney being treated this way. He was the spark for United, the go-to man, ever since Ronaldo left. He's done more for the club than anyone in the past 15 years. And yet fans still sing Ronaldo's name and not Rooney's. It's a sad reality because he's been one of my favorite players growing up and I loved his passion and ferocity. People who didn't watch him in his younger days won't understand how f.ucking terrifying it was to face Wayne Rooney. So it kinda hurts to see people who've watched Rooney grow up at the club, just like I have, hating on him so much. I agree that he should be benched or sold if he's detrimental on the pitch, but at least treat the man with respect. After 15 years, 246 goals, and 14 trophies you'd think he deserves some.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Amen to that. I just wish he would be benched a bit more, I'm not talking about outright selling without letting him make his farewell but the higher up at united need to accept he is not in his best year anymore. No doubt he want to keep playing for as long as he can but everyone need to accept he need take it easier from now on.

Gennady 8 years ago

@Dynastian98 No doubt he's a legend! and I'm a huge fan of Rooney, I remember his first match and everything, he was a genius on the field. But It's been 2 or more years since he showed us any of that genius. It's very hard to watch him play these days, without showing anger towards his performance, but he is no doubt a club legend

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady People who want him to leave are exagerating a bit though, he should do the same as Terry did for Chelsea, remain with a smaller role and smaller paycheck. :P

bluezz 8 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@sunflash disagree. For me football is much more than just winning, I'd love to see Terry here till the end.

Anw is Rooney really a united legend tho? Remember his transfer saga which eventually got him the 300k salary legends are players who love the club as much as the fans do (play for the badge)

Gennady 8 years ago

@Emobot7 True. But knowing Wayne Rooney and the history behind his transfer requests and sick wages, he won't do it.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Gennady Maybe not, I couldn't say, I hope he got more mature and end up chosing to do what best for the fan if he is ever put in front of the choice of moving or staying for less. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Gennady Maybe not, I couldn't say, I hope he got more mature and end up chosing to do what best for the fan if he is ever put in front of the choice of moving or staying. :(

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

enter image description here

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus enter image description here

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

probably easier for me to say because i never watched rooney in his prime, but form over fame

players have to be picked on form. nevermind that they're a legend. if they're holding the team back then their previous contributions count for nothing.

perhaps benching him would help him realise that his place isn't guaranteed, thherefore acting as a catalyst for him to work harder. who knows.

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

I was one of the few ones who were asking for him not to be benched last year, but judging on the early season form he has showed till now, he needs to be benched immediately. Even when United were winning 3-1 yesterday, everyone was comfortable and playing well, and Ronney still couldn't get a pass right.
I say bench him for a couple games and see if that has en effect on him (and also the team will vastly improve if he makes space for Pogba). If he takes it as a wake up call and starts performing, then it's ok.
But if he doesn't, we should play him against weak teams so that he scores 4 goals and breaks the record, and then it's time for him to move on. He's given all he could to the club.

Spencer_T_96 8 years ago
Malaga, Spain 3 49

Wayne Rooney is deservedly dropped for his peformances of recent....although i cannot understand some of the criticism he gets,what he has given to the club is huge, he has been loyal, and always put in his best, and helped them through probably some of there best years