Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The World Stays Silent
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

The world erupted.

Last year, terrorists bombed random cities in Europe. Many were sad, many were angry, and many had a lot of strong words for a large group of people. In the thread we had created, I showed my respect to the fallen, condemned the actions of the savages, and hoped one day that we look beyond color and cultures.

The WORLD erupted, and rightfully so.

While such tragedies were taking place, Syria, a country I have called home for 10 years, was brutally destroyed by Bashar, ISIS, and drones from various countries. Forgetting that this is how it all begins. Give a good reason for a kid to hate you, and that kid will trun into an adult with no mercy, no compassion, and lots of hatred.

The majority of the world is silent, and that is an issue.

What makes their blood cheaper than ours? Why are we better than they are? Why do we care about a certain group of humans and neglect the others? The ENTIRE WORLD, including they're OWN brothers and sisters, are ignoring them.

I'm utterly embarrassed at US. WE are supposed to be the smartest of the many species, yet animals would be insulted if compared with us. WE are supposed to look out for one another, unite in good and fight evil with everything we could. It doesn't matter what brings us together; be it football or politics, WE have to get better.

The cries of the women, saying that they will commit suicide because rape imminent hurts me. The videos of news anchors, white helmets, and activists saying, "This could be our last message to the world." completely shatters me.

The world is silent, angry, and hateful. But you and I can make it better. United we stand, divided we fall. I wish the best for you all and hope that football brings us closer every minute of the day. Thank you for letting me share what was in my chest, and enjoy the rest of your morning/afternoon/evening.

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago

Also, while we're at it, remember Turkey as well :(.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Its not the people, its media that determine which drama should be mediatized and which should not. People do not think, just emotionally react to what television gives them. You will be surprised that here in France whats happening in Alep isnt mediatized nor in Lybia or elsewhere, and when it is so, its for political reasons and mass conditioning to follow the political line that they wanted them to follow.

Dont blame the masses, they only know what masters want them to know, blame media owners instead. US and Europe are the less informed in the world in these kind of matters... When i saw the whole world united to say we are France, all with France....
I just noticed that we had 1000 times less killed people than Lybia ( 140.000 ), i appreciated the gesture but then i saw how stupid we are to ignore mass murder when media does not allow it.

Since we are few to boycott television in Europe, i will just tell you that people only know what he is expected to know.

Pray for Halep.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Words are meaningless, actions are everything. America (and I would suspect many other powerful nations as well), simply don't care about the events in the Middle East outside of factors that affect their domestic interest. The people and government can offer up all the prayers and thoughts they want, but many of them care more about the score of the basketball game than the scores of people being killed halfway across the world. The worst part of it? I'm occasionally one of them.

I don't know who to blame. I don't know which side to support. I don't know what I can do. So I do nothing. I am silent. But I am not angry, and not hateful. Just so far removed from the problem within my own perception that I cannot bring myself to face it. I cannot overstate the power of this. Before it became an issue in the American election, I would bet money that 90% of the US citizens hadn't thought about Syria in a year.

I remember I had a philosophy professor who asked the class a common question in such a course: if you bought ten dollar shoes at a mall and were walking along a river, and saw a young child drowning, would you jump in the water and save the child if it ruined your shoes? The entire class said, "of course." The professor then asked, if you driving down the highway and see a billboard that says a ten dollar donation to a Haitian refugee camp would be able to save a child's life, would you do it? And the entire class was stuck in a moral dilemma, because we had all seen those billboards and done nothing.

Perception and connection are a powerful thing. I feel for the people affected in the Middle East. I am disappointed in the forces that contribute to the misfortune of many. And I won't do a thing to change it. Actions speak louder than words, and I guess that makes me a terrible person, but it's the truth.

I'm sorry. I mean it. I could spout meaningless platitudes about how I remember the people who are living and dying in a worse situation than I will never know, but regardless of whether I posted this or that, it wouldn't change the fact that I'm not going to lift a finger to change anything.

I probably shouldn't have posted this. I'm very tired, and I've been too honest.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Tiki 100%. Check out Denzel's comments

@Sun I have an exam tomorrow so I'll keep it as short as possible.

I agree with you. I agree one hundred percent with you. You're not hateful, you're not ignorant. You're just unable of doing anything, just like myself and every member here.

But that's the point that I raise. A few years ago, I heard the same words you've uttered (Or typed) by a political leader and that doesn't make him a monster either.

But that's exactly the point. You ALONE cannot do anything. It starts when people realize the BS that the media is creating. It starts when we call out politicians for the corruption they are causing. You see, you and I, we're not so different. All it takes is a change of attitude towards the world. Maybe saying that the world is hateful was too much. Maybe saying the world is careless would've been more appropriate.

My intent for this thread was not to create change in Syria, or any other country. This thread will not do anything for those innocent people. Actions are louder than words like you said. We need to stop being reactive my brother.

No need to apologies man, you said nothing but the truth. However, if we really want to unite as people we must first cause change in our selves.

KaKa_CS 7 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

A lot of problems but what is happening in Halab is heartbreaking and not human.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Agree 100% with Sun.

The media has played a large role in shaping the perceptions of the common people. And not just in Europe and US, here in Asia too we generally seem to care less about lives in the Middle East than those of people elsewhere.

At the end of the day, we alone cannot do anything. We can just keep offering our prayers and condemning the actions of these terrorists.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I am following all the actions about Syria. From all over the media around the world.
For an example about evacuation effort for Aleppo civillians: Turkish right-winged media(Erdoğans) blamed Assad regime about the civilian casulties while evacuation, Turkish left winged media blamed Aleppo's jihadists(They are mostly under arrest), US media blamed Assad and Russians blamed jihadists. They only share what they want their people to hear.
People don't think, they usually just believe what media says.
Here is a conversation from Family Guy season 9 episode 2. (I know it's not the best show to quote)

-Every page just spoke to me. And, you know, talking to you now, I just I wanna find the right words to describe how much I agree with you.
-I got the words: Thank you for doing my thinking for me. Because I lack the ability to think critically and independently.
-Yes, that.
-You should be proud of yourself. You sound like a thoughtful American.

My point is don't believe everything the media serves to you. Search everywhere to get the right info. You will probably not gonna find the exact info unless you're in Syria and All of us probably will not do anything about it but to create our own opinions. But at least it will help you if you can't stop thinking about the kids suffering out there.
If anyone in this world would think by themselves, the world probably would've been better. Not just Syria.

Also agree with @SunFlash. That's the truth. But like I said in some other thread earlier, I will try to do something. If I don't have the opportunity, I won't have to think. This is an option.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

When you follow media, dont expect to know whats happening...

many pictures from Al Nosra ( Financed by us we occidentals ) war crimes are recycled and given these days to manipulate the opinion at the expense of Syrian government. Why ? the answer is simple, from the begining our media is following the American plan of destroying Bashar and divide the country into ethnic divisions...

Im not going to developp more but for those interested, we knew from 2006 that the Government under Bush was trying to remodling middle east and had Syria on his death note, 5 years before arab spring and 7 years before Isis.
The budget of this plan was 1 billion dollar per yer for 5 years.

Since, terrorists appeared from nowhere, we attended to war crimes by our supposed Allies Front Al Nosra where no word or even a picture was made then while they were killing civilians, raping and doing attrocities... 5 Fucking year.

Now Syrians with the help of Iran and Russia are winning the terrorist war and what are hearing, Bashar kills civilians and bombing Alep ? Where was media in Palmyres ? Where were they in Lybia where NATO killed 140.000 civilians and our governments took all the Libyan gold ( 250 billions dollar worth ) and all the international accounts of Lybia. Where are they when Nato signed a deal with Terrorists who leads the nation now and established a far worse dictature than the previous ?

Its really that simple, we are only programed to react emotionally to what we prepare for us, we are ANIMALS in their eyes, they have plans, they have mediatical and political weapons to make that plans succeed, and we are the bunch of cows to emotionally react and make prayers...

Terrorists are loosing their last guys and weapons, there will be no break to save them, occidental media can Fuck off.

Bashar in his country is a national hero. we are informed by devils or people working for devils, we know what we are supposed to know, terrorists must loose, there should be no break, no matter how you get eotionally affected by pictures, its the reaction they planned you to have, these terrorists should be sent to god as soon as possible, And Syrian are doing the job atm, once you think you are a human being, the emotional reaction should your first reaction, but not your only reaction...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

many pictures from Al Nosra ( Financed by us we occidentals ) war crimes are recycled and given these days to manipulate the opinion at the expense of Syrian government. Why ? the answer is simple, from the begining our media is following the American plan of destroying Bashar and divide the country into ethnic divisions...

Im not going to developp more but for those interested, we knew from 2006 that the Government under Bush was trying to remodling middle east and had Syria on his death note, 5 years before arab spring and 7 years before Isis.

Since, terrorists appeared from nowhere, we attended to war crimes by our supposed Allies Front Al Nosra where no word or even a picture was made then while they were killing civilians, raping and doing attrocities... 5 Fucking year.

Now Syrians with the help of Iran and Russia are winning the terrorist war and what are hearing, Bashar kills civilians and bombing Alep ? Where was media in Palmyres ? Where were they in Lybia where NATO killed 140.000 civilians and our governments took all the Libyan gold ( 250 billions dollar worth ) and all the international accounts of Lybia. Where are they when Nato signed a deal with Terrorists who leads the nation now and established a far worse dictature than the previous ?

Its really that simple, we are only programed to react emotionally to what we prepare for us, we are ANIMALS in their eyes, they have plans, they have mediatical and political weapons to make that plans succeed, and we are the bunch of cows to emotionally react and make prayers...

Terrorists are loosing their last guys and weapons, there will be no break to save them, occidental media can Fuck off.

Bashar in his country is a national hero. we are informed by devils or people working for devils, we know what we are supposed to know, terrorists must loose, there should be no break, no matter how you get eotionally affected by pictures, its the reaction they planned you to have, these terrorists should be sent to god as soon as possible, And Syrian are doing the job atm, once you think you are a human being, the emotional reaction should not be our only reaction...

Madridista11 7 years ago

Bashar is NOT a hero though. Trust me, I lived in the country when it was peaceful.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

You said the word peacefully, under Bashar all religions and ethnicities were respected. Something we should know, democracy is an occidental thing, its not possible everywhere so yes Bashar is not Jesus, nor Kadhafi, but once we look for a replacement we should first look to the choices in front of us....
Ok the word hero is exaggerated, he could have left the country and gone retired with his family but he is still in hell with his people, hope its not the only thing you noticed in what I'm trying to say because it's not the heart of my comment.

Madridista11 7 years ago

I understand what you're saying. In another post I spoke about our previous president who was perceived as a tyrant by a lot of Somalis. The moment he was out of the office Somalia hasn't been the same. Similar things can bee seen in countries like Libya and Yemen.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I do not believe it is that unusual to have a very powerful individual in office that keeps all the different conflicts in the country quiet for a time. Once they are gone, all hell can break loose. However, I would be reluctant to say that makes said leader a good person to have in power in the first place.

Tito, Stalin, Selassie, Hussein, etc

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@tiki_taka Exactly. And their attempt to save the day for themselves is to show terrorists as civilians most of the time. I saw smoke machines in Aleppo man. They create smoke and recording themselves with bloody faces (Not actual blood) to make people think like Assad does not stop killing civilians. I have the video but I am not sure I can upload here. Does not necessary tho.
Anyways I think this was enough for politics. I don't want to get involve too much.

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Sun Agree 100%

Madridista11 7 years ago

@Emrecan You can close this thread now. I just wanted to share what I was feeling and get it off of my back. I hope everyone here didn't feel any awkward vibes in this post.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

No mate, great idea...

decentK 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

I've heard those emrecan stories too much as well.. it is really shady stuff. But I don't want to get involved in this either because I am 10 000% for peace and the only thing I've noticed to be 100% certain, no matter the agenda or side, not any of these guys are for peace.

• History

I've heard those emrecan stories too much as well.. it is really shady stuff. But I don't want to get involved in this either because I am 10 000% for peace and the only thing I've noticed, no matter the agenda, these guys are not for peace.

I've heard those emrecan stories too much as well.. it is really shady stuff. But I don't want to get involved in this either because I am 10 000% for peace and the only thing I've noticed to be 100% certain, no matter the agenda, these guys are not for peace.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's so hard :(. Let's tribute to the lost and pray for everyone who are suffering, pray for us. we love peace and hate all the scums that cause all the mess, doesn't matter from which side and where it started. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Madridista11 No need to close the thread mate. There is nothing wrong about sharing your thoughts. I just meant not to go deep into the politics.

And while we are at it. Remember the innocent people and children suffering in Yemen and the other countries. Syria is all over the media but not Yemen or the others.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Alep west : civilians
Alep east : 275.000 civilians + 2000 terrorists ( snipers + rocket shooters )

Alep east keep killing civilians of Alep west sniping them and destroying any significant infrastructure, they deny any civilian escape from Alep east to protect themselves from Russian/Syrian Air Force. East Allep civilian are used as a shield and when they try to go to Alep west they got shot.

Now a very hard choice is to be done, let Al Nosra and ISIS in Alep east bomb the west without reaction or bomb their positions and expose some east civilians... none of these choices look peaceful and In that kind of situation when the snake bite your hand, better cut the arm to stop the poison expansion... crual but Its the only choice to save Alep civilians from a 5 years life in hell.

Lately terrorists bombed a university in Alep west killing 5 students and sending 10 to emergency, then they bombed the hospital. Guess our media and government support who, East Alep.
I have full confidence on Russia and I'm waiting Trump to come and help to end this hell.

• History

Alep east keep killing civilians of Alep east sniping them and destroying any significant infrastructure, they deny any civilian escape from Alep east to protect themselves from Russian/Syrian Air Force. East Allep civilian are used as a shield and when they try to go to Alep west they got shot.

Now a very hard choice is to be done, let Al Nosra and ISIS in Alep east bomb the west without reaction or bomb their positions and expose some east civilians... none of these choices look peaceful and In that kind of situation when the snake bite your hand, better cut the arm to stop the poison expansion... crual but Its the only choice to save Alep civilians from a 5 years life in hell.

Alep east keep killing civilians of Alep west sniping them and destroying any significant infrastructure, they deny any civilian escape from Alep east to protect themselves from Russian/Syrian Air Force. East Allep civilian are used as a shield and when they try to go to Alep west they got shot.