Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

There is no player bigger than a TEAM
JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Title says it all. Year after year manages of La Liga are having to fight with their teams dictators and heroes the same time.

Real Madrid MUST bench Ronaldo and Barcelona MUST bench Messi when they are playing shite.
Yes or No? Agree or Disagree? and WHY

Personal opinion : It will save them from cancerous critics from countries pundits and the typical clickbait titles football youtube channels put when one of them does a bad game [Ronaldo in DECLINE? Sub to FootballDaily to know!rofl]\
It will give them rest and focus on important games. I mean why should you keep Messi when you are 3-0 up with 30 minutes to go and in 3 days you have a tough UCL away match? Such treatment by a manager will give you enough time to shine in both games without the risk of beeing too tired to perform and last but not least since when players decide which managers they want to play under? The board pays them and the board decides. Their opinions matters in such cases but who is paying for their wages after all? The board.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Title says it all. Year after year manages of La Liga are having to fight with their teams dictators and heroes the same time.

Real Madrid MUST bench Ronaldo and Barcelona MUST bench Messi when they are playing shite.
Yes or No? Agree or Disagree? and WHY

Personal opinion : It will save them from cancerous critics from countries pundits and the typical clickbait titles football youtube channels put when one of them does a bad game [Ronaldo in DECLINE? Sub to FootballDaily to know!rofl]\
It will give them rest and focus on important games. I mean why should you keep Messi when you are 3-0 up with 30 minutes to go and in 3 days you have a tough UCL away match? Such treatment by a manager will give you enough time to shine in both games without the risk of beeing too tired to perform.

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

that would be just stupid, the player will lose his confidence and you simply don't bench a player who scores 30+goals for you a season and therefore they can afford to play some bad games.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Its stupid to bench your best player when you are 3-0 down with 30 minutes to go on a team with lesser quality when you are playing a UCL game vs the champions of France in 3 days lets say for example? Why can't a youngster get some experience when you already have the win in your pocket? I dont find that stupid at all.

Or when Ronaldo can't perform or feels tired just rest him he is not 25 anymore despite he plays like one.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree. Zidane has already started subbing Ronaldo off from time to time, but it is breaching the politics of Real Madrid which is why it is so difficult. The politics of Barcelona are slightly different. Whereas Ronaldo will explicitly show or tell you when he is upset, Messi will not. The politics surrounding Messi are more subtle than the ones surrounding Ronaldo, so it is much more risky to bench Messi when he will not express his emotions to you as a manager. It could potentially cost you your job.

Remember, Tata Martino was hired because of Messi's suggestions. It shows you how much weight Messi's opinion holds. If Messi says "I don't like this manager, he doesn't play me enough", I think we all know what can happen. I don't think Ronaldo is that type of player to be unprofessional in that manner, but he is certainly an expressive guy, so the Madrid board will be able to tell if he likes a manager or not. That also puts a lot of pressure on the managers.

The only reason Zidane can bench Ronaldo is because Zidane was an absolute legend and Ronaldo knows he can't question Zidane's authority or reputation. Enrique does not have the same kind of fortune. But I agree, it should be done. Barca and Madrid have consistently been among Europe's Top 5 teams since 2010, so benching Ronaldo and Messi from time to time in order to rest them or prepare them for the next, potentially season-defining game is a wise decision. It's just that the managers are put in a rut when they try to make that conscious choice.

• History

I agree. Zidane has already started subbing Ronaldo off from time to time, but it is breaching the politics of Real Madrid which is why it is so difficult. The politics of Barcelona are slightly different. Whereas Ronaldo will explicitly show or tell you when he is upset, Messi will not. The politics surrounding Messi are more subtle than the ones surrounding Ronaldo, so it is much more risky to bench Messi when he will not express his emotions to you as a manager. It could potentially cost you your job.

Remember, Tata Martino was hired because of Messi's suggestions. It shows you how much weight Messi's opinion holds. If Messi says "I don't like this manager, he doesn't play me enough", I think we all know what can happen. I don't think Ronaldo is that type of player to be unprofessional in that manner, but he is certainly an expressive guy, so the Madrid board will be able to tell if he likes a manager or not. That also puts a lot of pressure on the managers.

The only reason Zidane can bench Ronaldo is because Zidane was an absolute legend and Ronaldo knows he can't question Zidane's authority or reputation. Enrique does not have the same kind of fortune. But I agree, it should be done. Barca and Madrid have consistently been among Europe's Top 5 teams since 2010, so benching Ronaldo and Messi from time to time in order to rest them or prepare them for the next game is a wise decision. It's just that the managers are put in a rut when they try to make that conscious choice.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Cristiano Ronaldo is the best European player in football history, Zidane is going to save him exclusivly to be fit for Real Madrid's Champions League games.

Cristiano7Ronaldo 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 7 36

Hi guys Im the best please help ok? I need welcome everyone thanks?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo Agreed. He will play him in important match in the liga as well but propably sup him a bit more especially if a CL is comming up.

@C7R Welcome mate! :D

Also, on the main topic, yes, sub those guy when they play poorly, but only if its really the best subbing option. Also, its pretty rare that those don't contribute one way or another so its hard not to start them or to replace them when you realize they play poorly.

@Dynast I never realized it but Messi calm nature actually make him quite a bit of a scary player to train. :O

• History

@Golazo Agreed. He will play him in important match in the liga as well but propably sup him a bit more especially if a CL is comming up.

@C7R Welcome mate! :D