Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Thierry Henry explains Pep Guardiola's tactics
Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Tell me Dynast, is it wrong that even though I never saw Henry play (got into football too late for that) I still absolutely love him? I mean, he is intelligent, speak so well and just simply have that charisma about him. I mean, only watching this with the subtitle and I was like hypnotised by his analysis. I really hope he become manager one day, take over Wenger and bring what he learned from him and Pep. It would be sick. :D

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I would br cautious of bringing a Pundit to manage a top team. I witnessed Neville at Valencia to know its not so simple. Henry should start at the reserves and work his way up. Pep was a Barca B coach before coming to Barcelona. Zidane was a Real Madrid B team coach before moving up. It provides some time to develop your game plan meanwhile keeping you inside the team. Also you get first hand experience to see which reserve players are good enough to go to the first team.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo Agreed, but didn't Henry managed the young team at Arsenal for a while? Anyway, I just wish he would join a team to get some experience or something like that. Same with Giggs. :S

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Henry will be bad manager . Mark my words . Better stick to paunditing .

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I'm also in the boat that Henry will be a poor manager. He has neither the speaking ability nor the leadership required to be a manager. Men like Zidane, Simeone, and Heynckes had an aura around them that people respected. Henry, as great as he was, does not command that kind of respect.

Don't get me wrong, though. Not trying to diss Henry. He's one of the all-time greats, and is probably the most underrated player of his generation after Raul.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Don't get me wrong, though. Not trying to diss Henry. He's one of the all-time greats, and is probably the most underrated player of his generation after Raul.

I never quite got why people hype up Raul. I always saw him the way I saw Giggs - ever present, solid, dependable, productive, but never the best.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Hum... Maybe you are right... Still, he is a very good analyst in my opinion and I find him terribly charismatic. :)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@sun giggs and raul were really great players but they just lacked the aura that dynastian talked about.

@dynastian henry looked like a leader and had that aura in his arsenal days but i agree that he has lost that aura.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chelsea8

Yeah, I meant as a pundit. He had that magisterial aura as a player.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

@sunflash

Same as all the hype about Scholes .

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Emo he was managing Arsenal youth, but Wenger gave him 2 choices:

1. He will be their coach and focus on them, leave being pundit
  2. Continue being pundit but leave the team
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I think thats because he like the camera too much. But to be fair, he is a good pundit. Much better than most other I've seen. :)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Same as all the hype about Scholes .

To an extent I agree, but I never saw a player with a better long ball. I didn't see prime Beckham though, so who knows.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Lol at the haters. Henry hasn't managed a game and you call him a bad manager? Okay then.

Although that point about building your way up and G.Neville is true.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Lol at the haters. Henry hasn't managed a game and you call him a bad manager? Okay then.
Although that point about building your way up and G.Neville is true.

We're haters cause we don't think he's a good manager. He has given us no evidence to the contrary, and he has had no opportunity to. It would be illogical to think he is a good manager.

MFW someone says the word "hater"
enter image description here

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sun That pic doesn't show up though. :P

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Lol, I'm not a fan of Henry as a pundit at all. The man is non-committal to any conversations that invites criticizing certain players he is connected with because of his reputation. The man is also so dull and conservative that he's quite possibly the most boring pundits I have ever seen. Him alongside David James are better off trying for a coaching role because frankly, the only thing that's keeping him being aired on BT sports is his past achievements as a player.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Ouch. :( That burn.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

The man is also so dull and conservative that he's quite possibly the most boring pundits I have ever seen.

Would you rather watch Michael Owen?

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Our English players get overhyped often especially after they retire and United or Liverpool ones get overhyped the most . That might be controversial so i understand i am walking on the tight rope of triggering you :))