Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Top 50 best coaches in the world :
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

A poll with 33 different football journalists has given that ranking, Some may look fait other choices really odd here is the result.
enter image description here

What do you think about the rankings ?
Lets give your Top 5 or 10 so we could make FR ranking.

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Pep is not even top 5.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I had something nice typed out, but then the power in my house went out. Feels bad.

Summarized,

Conte is way to high, especially if we're basing on a single season and not taking his average showing at the Euros into consideration. This is in contrast to Zidane, who despite winning a CL in his first season and being in pole position to do it again in his second (maybe + La Liga?) is only 8th. Whatever logic was used in creating this list was not used equally for Conte and Zidane, and I don't like that.

Simeone is too low. Pep is currently in 4th with the best City squad ever assembled. The man he replaced, Pellegrini, is 36th despite doing better last season with a worse City side and getting to the CL semis. Seems off a bit.

Low, Klopp, and Wenger's rating feel very fair.

Puel is one spot above the man he replaced, Koeman, despite being inferior in every way. I'm not certain what about his old French teams warranted this ranking.

Eddie Howe is on this list. I'm not sure that's deserved, but I'm happy to see it. Jardim is riding one helluva hype train.

My Ranking:
1) Simeone
2) Ancelotti
3) Allegri
4) Zidane
5) Pep
6) Enrique
7) Mourinho
8) Low
9) Conte
10) Klopp

Rationale: Simeone does more with less. Even if he doesn't win the CL this season I'm keeping him here. Ancelotti would be first, but I've been slightly disappointed with his Bayern team. Allegri's domestic success is boring, but his CL feats are worth extreme merit. Zidane has basically won every major trophy he's had a shot at winning since arriving. Pep's track record with Barca is the only reason he's here. Enrique is two seasons removed from a treble, and may well have won La Liga 3 seasons in a row. Whatever you think, that's worth something. Mourinho's last two seasons have comparatively been dumpster fires, but his track record is why he's here. Low's poor Euros is why he's this low for me - but he is still the holding World Cup champion. Conte deserves plaudits for his first Chelsea season, but his CL ability with Juventus was horrible, and his time as Italian manager was average at best. He doesn't have the proven track record everyone else in the top 10 has. Klopp rounds it out because he's Klopp. Made Liverpool relevant again, and had some of the best times at Dortmund.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lol at contes time at italian manager was average.

At the moment my list would be:

1. Zidane

2. Conte

3. simeone

4. Max allegri

5. Ancelotti

6. pochetino

7. Jardim

8. Klopp

9. pep

10. jose
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

At the moment my list would be:

1. Zidane
  2. Conte
    3.simeone
  3. Max allegri
  4. Ancelotti
    6.pochetino
  5. Jardim
  6. Klopp
    9.pep
    10.jose
tiki_taka 7 years ago

Conte's best years were with Juventus, he took Freshly promoted old lady with limited players and budget back in top within few years, it would not be fair to consider his career debut in England or the euro. Not being in the spotlight doesn't mean not delivering.
Zidane is a fresh coach who faces success atm, but it's only his second season with a monster squad, Im waiting to see if he could cope with adversity, at the moment he is a master. I don't forget his poor Castilla management tho.
Pep is high in the list, journalists probably give to change of tactics he impacted in Europe. But I'm not fan of coaches who make the team follow his style, i prefer those who adjust styles depending on players they have. Conte EL cholo and Carlo are these sort of coaches...Mou and Pep are the opposite way...

Anyway that remains subjective reason why imo they needed 33 journalists not or two. Jardim is underrated imo with El loco " Bielsa "

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

He managed one major tournament for them and got knocked out in the quarterfinals. What about that doesn't scream average?

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

You have no clue what you're talking about, he managed to get the worst italian side only to lose on pens against germany in quarter finals.
he made juve relevant again and is winning the premier league in his first season, you have got to be jealous not to see that.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

1- simeone
2- pocchetino
3- klopp
4- low
5- allegri
6- zidane
7- emery
8- guardiola
9- blanc
10- pellegrini

luis enrique does deserve to be on the list though

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

You have no clue what you're talking about

Compelling.

he managed to get the worst italian side only to lose on pens against germany in quarter finals.

Germany wasn't exactly amazing during the Euros either. That was my rationale for putting Low so low on my ranking. Italy doesn't have a world-class attacker anymore, but their defense and midfield are still crazy good. I'd personally argue that they haven't had a world-class attacker since Di Natalie was in his prime (Balotelli non-withstanding I guess?). But making it as far as Iceland and Poland really isn't a good showing at all if you're Italy, with the Italian team they brought.

he made juve relevant again

Yeah, he did. Normally I'd think this is irrelevant because Juve was always going to come back, but seeings as how the Milans have responded, he does deserve credit for making them solid domestically again. But we're talking about the best managers in the world now. Domestic success in a league that has been Juve's bitch for the past decade doesn't square up to managers who are winning the CL on a regular basis. This is particularly evident because of Conte's poor performances in the CL - Manchester United in their last two CL's accomplished just as much as Conte did in his Juve time. Not exactly amazing.

is winning the premier league in his first season, you have got to be jealous not to see that.

He is indeed, and mainly due to the tactics he brought with him. That's the only reason he's in my top 10. Getting an average finish at the Euros and getting handled in the CL on his most recent occasions there does not make him superior to managers such as Ancelotti, Zidane, Enrique, Simeone, and Allegri who are all successful domestically AND in the CL. In fact, all of these five men are regulars in the CL semis. Conte has never been there.

He's a great manager. But putting him above these other men is something I cannot rationale.

• History

You have no clue what you're talking about

Compelling.

he managed to get the worst italian side only to lose on pens against germany in quarter finals.

Germany wasn't exactly amazing during the Euros either. That was my rationale for putting Low so low on my ranking. Italy doesn't have a world-class attacker anymore, but their defense and midfield are still crazy good. I'd personally argue that they haven't had a world-class attacker since Di Natalie was in his prime (Balotelli non-withstanding I guess?). But making it as far as Iceland and Poland really isn't a good showing at all if you're Italy, with the Italian team they brought.

he made juve relevant again

Yeah, he did. Normally I'd think this is irrelevant because Juve was always going to come back, but seeings as how the Milans have responded, he does deserve credit for making them solid domestically again. But we're talking about the best managers in the world now. Domestic success in a league that has been Juve's bitch for the past decade doesn't square up to managers who are winning the CL on a regular basis. This is particularly evident because of Conte's poor performances in the CL - Manchester United in their last two CL's accomplished just as much as Conte did in his Juve time. Not exactly amazing.

is winning the premier league in his first season, you have got to be jealous not to see that.

He is indeed, and mainly due to the tactics he brought with him. That's the only reason he's in my top 10. Getting an average finish at the Euros and getting handled in the CL on his most recent occasions there does not make him superior to managers such as Ancelotti, Zidane, Enrique, and Allegri who are all successful domestically AND in the CL. In fact, all of these four men are regulars in the CL semis. Conte has never been there.

He's a great manager. But putting him above these other men is something I cannot rationale.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Good point, and good explanation!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't know why you guys are rating Zidane so highly already. Top 10, I agree. Top 3? He's only had a season-and-a-half worth of managing.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

My top 3 would be....

1. Simeone
  2. Ancelotti
  3. Mourinho
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Get your point but I can understand people who would rate Conte higher than you.

The way I see it, Didier Deschamp is too high, Bielsa might be too low and I disagree with some other, like Emery for exemple, he is brillant manager but I feel he should be a bit lower on the list.

This remind me that next year, Blanc, Bielsa, Ranieri and maybe Van Gaal will propably find new club, will be interesting to see where and how it change the dynamic of the team they do join. On another note Enrique might also find a new club this summer, at least, I hope he will.

@Dynast Agree about Zidane (not Mourinho though :P), he deserve his spot as of now, depending on how he do this season however, if he win the league and the CL, I think he should got up to the fifth or the sixth spot. ;)

• History

@Sunflash Get your point but I can understand people who would rate Conte higher than you.

The way I see it, Didier Deschamp is too high, Bielsa might be too low and I disagree with some other, like Emery for exemple, he is brillant manager but I feel he should be a bit lower on the list.

This remind me that next year, Blanc, Bielsa, Ranieri and maybe Van Gaal will propably find new club, will be interesting to see where and how it change the dynamic of the team they do join. On another note Enrique might also find a new club this summer, at least, I hope he will.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Wenger deserves to be higher. Even though he does some dumb things, he's certainly better than Bielsa. If we were to put Pep at first, then Wenger should be 2nd.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

My opinion is that Zidane is overrated. He has proved very little in a tactical sense. His team is 99% based of Benitez' work with the only difference being that Zidane could properly motivate and manage the player but merely due to his reputation. Also people like to rate Pep low because he was "only successful" with a Barca squad he inherited, well Zidane is in that exact same position..

Heres a controversial opinion but Pep's work has been reflected in the national teams more than his own teams. He set the base with the Barcelona players that carried on to Spain were better players filled the gaps (Ramos, Casillas, Capdevilla, etc). Similarly enough, when he took over Bayern he changed them to a possession based team and the core of the tactics and players were then used by Low in the German team who won the WC. Again, the gaps filled by a few players from other teams but tactically and predominantly the work was done by Pep.

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Zidane was my favorite player when he was a player but I don't rate him as a top manager yet. Looking at the route of Real Madrid in CL last year, and considering how barca is doing very badly this year, he still needs to prove himself as a manager. It doesn't mean I don't like him. As I mentioned before, he was my favorite player and I want him to success as a manager BUT (it's a big BUT) not like Pep (IMO, the one who earned much more credits he deserved and most overrated).

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

His team is 99% based of Benitez' work

Benitez contributed almost nothing to the squad.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Only those stand out the most in many ways and deserve top 5 managers:

(Conte - Ancelotti - Mourinho)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian He just mispelled Ancelotti. XD

tiki_taka 7 years ago

If you switch Carlo with Benitez raimondo, then I agree with you 100% about the rest. Benitez 4-2-3-1 is barely used, at the opposite Carlo was the first to implement 4-3-3. Spot on for the rest +1

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Similarly enough, when he took over Bayern he changed them to a possession based team and the core of the tactics and players were then used by Low in the German team who won the WC. Again, the gaps filled by a few players from other teams but tactically and predominantly the work was done by Pep.

The most stupid thing I have ever heard.
Germany have had the same team before Pepe joined Bayern, he failed at Bayern so how is he possibly capable of taking any credits over Germany's World Cup win? Makes no sense.
So hilarious, why doesn't Pep win a World Cup next year since he according to you won 2 World Cups just by existing as a coach somewhere in the world?

Occams Razor,:

1. What is more probable, that Spain won the World Cup because they got the most talented generation they ever had or because Pep Guardiola was secretly coaching Spain during the World Cup?
  2. What is more probable, that Germany won the World Cup because they were and still are a great national team, or because Pep Guardiola was coaching some of their players for 1 year before the World Cup?

3. What is more probable, did Barcelona win alot because of their amazing players and great generations from 2004-2016 or because Pep Guardiola coached Barcelona from 2008-2012 alone, did Barcelona win La Liga and Champions league because Pep Guardiola already had influence over Barcelona even before he was their coach and even after he was their coach or did he simply inherited a great team and system?

So hilarious, your claims hold no water, you sound really stupid to give so much credit for someone that only did well in Barcelona and that probably wouldn't be able to win anything with an average squad of players.