Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Tottenham set league attendance record
Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hotspur/story/3239625/tottenham-set-new-premier-league-attendance-record-in-win-vs-liverpool

Tottenham broke the 10-year-old Premier League attendance record in Sunday's 4-1 win against Liverpool at Wembley.

The attendance of 80,827 surpassed the previous record of 76,098 -- set when Manchester United beat Blackburn 4-1 at Old Trafford in March 2007.

It was still someway short of the club record of 85,512, set at Wembley against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League last season, which is also a record attendance for a British club at home. The national stadium, Spurs' temporary home this season while their new 61,500-seater home is being built, has a capacity of 90,000.

Spurs fell just short of the Premier League record for both last weekend's 1-0 win over Bournemouth (73,502) and the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea (73,587) in their first league match at Wembley in August, when tickets were on restricted general sale.

Liverpool's visit was also on restricted general sale -- following advice from the safety advisory group, made up of the club, Brent Council and the police, ambulance and fire services -- meaning only Spurs' fans with a history of buying from the club were able to purchase tickets.

Liverpool fans made up 3,100 of those in attendance for Sunday's match.

The frustrating home draws against Burnley (67,862) and Swansea (65,366) were also on general sale but attracted fewer than 70,000 supporters, with club sources saying attendances are often low in August and September due to holidays.

Just for general interest.

COYS.

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Those are great numbers. They are lucky to be a at Wembly but with how they are playing it does the numbers justice. Hopefully they keep feeling comfortable playing there.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

With it playing in Wembley, I can see Arsenal or United vs Spurs breaking this record once again, right?

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Very nice

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Maybe they'll break their club record next week when they go against Madrid :o

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Playing away against Spur now would be thrilling....

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Seem like Spurs stadium isn't gonna have enough seat. :P But more seriously, its great to know their game are attracting so many people now. Hope Spurs keep this up and break more record of this kind of the future. Hopefully, Lodatz will keep us updated on the matter. ;)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Advertising 20 pounds seats all over London ( which are the sh@tty seats and then once go on website there is completely different prices at times) and having Wembley as home stadium comes handy.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Marcus What do you think about Chelsea potentially moving to Wembley when we revamp the bridge?

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I think we can break the Spurs attendance record if we implement same advertising targeting. I have been to few Spurs games and it is a nice atmosphere because those bad seats that are given cheap bring lots of blue color work class fans and they chant instead of sitting quietly. I think we have plenty of Chelsea fans who can't afford tickets and wimbley will be full if not more than Spurs record then certainly average will be 70 k. Plus wembley is our second home as we had success in domestic cups there very often. So I like the prospect of that in the future.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I've been trying to verify the attendance for yesterday's victory over Real Madrid, but Marca claims it was 86,000. :)

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Lodatz

You must be elated dude. Spurs have never even been close to this good since I began watching this sport.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Lodatz im seeing 83,782 from this which I believe uses stats from ESPN. I would imagine it was damn near full capacity.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Spur was truely phenomenal.