Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Tottenham vs United Post Talk
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Welp, it was a pretty good game. Don't get me wrong, United didn't play too flashy but they got the job done and there was enough goal for me to be happy. However, one thing I really wonder is, don't you guy think that if Loris would have been playing, he could have saved the second goal? Anyway, I hope this game serve as a lesson to Mou, Herrera need to start imho. He offer a lot offensively (his passing his great), defensively (great workrate) and is one of the smartest player on United team. Only con for me is that the tend to be a bit vicious but just for that reason, he fit well in a Mou team. :P Other than that, I really think Tottenham should have kept going on the wing in the second half, they were much more dangerous in that area, instead, they made their player play more in the middleof the pitch where United could defend in number which is what they do best. Anyway, what do you guys think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Welp, it was a pretty good game. Don't get me wrong, United didn't play too flashy but they got job done and there was enough goal for me to be happy. However, one thing I really wonder is, don't you guy think that if Loris would have been player, he could have saved the second goal? Anyway, I hope this game serve as a lesson to Mou, Herrera need to start imho. He offer a lot offensively (his passing his great), defensively (great workrate) and is one of the smartest player on United team. Only con for me is that the tend to be a bit vicious but just for that reason, he fit well in a Mou team. :) Other than that, I really think Tottenham should have kept going on the wing in the second half, they were much more dangerous in that area, instead, they made their player play more in the middleof the pitch where United could defend in number which is what they do best. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Welp, it was a pretty good game. Don't get me wrong, United didn't play too flashy but they got the job done and there was enough goal for me to be happy. However, one thing I really wonder is, don't you guy think that if Loris would have been player, he could have saved the second goal? Anyway, I hope this game serve as a lesson to Mou, Herrera need to start imho. He offer a lot offensively (his passing his great), defensively (great workrate) and is one of the smartest player on United team. Only con for me is that the tend to be a bit vicious but just for that reason, he fit well in a Mou team. :) Other than that, I really think Tottenham should have kept going on the wing in the second half, they were much more dangerous in that area, instead, they made their player play more in the middleof the pitch where United could defend in number which is what they do best. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Didn’t saw the game but from possession and on target shots Spurs had twice time the ball than United and both teams had same shooting stats. I guess United played on counters... congrats to United, Kane deserved to win something lately...

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki Yep, thats pretty much what happened. First United goal was on a mistake by Moussa Dembele (Pogba had a great assist btw) and the second one was a great counter-attack move. They had a few other dangerous occassion but otherwise, Tottenham was clearly more in control of the ball.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki Yep, thats pretty much what happened. First United goal was on a mistake by Moussa Dembele (Pogba had a great assist btw) and the second one was a great counter-attack move. They had a few more dangerous occassion but otherwise, Tottenham was clearly more in control of the ball.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Spurs didn't have a single chance in the second half, and never really got close either. The first 20 minutes Spurs dominated, and scored largely due to a Davidson Sanchez pass that literally cut the field in half, cut Young out entirely, and made Pogba track 50 yards behind Erikson. No real error on United's part, just two insane passes one after the other. That being said, I don't think United won a 50/50 for those 20 minutes.

Second half (and back 20 of the first) was very different, United let Spurs have possession in their own half and pressed like mad-men at anything coming through the middle. Lingard and Alexis stretched the field so much that Spurs couldn't advance their fullbacks, so they had no width. Call it a bus park if you want, but I don't think I've seen a better one all year, Kane literally did not touch the ball in the second half, it felt like. Certainly De Gea was never even close to tested.

@tiki

As for the stats, possession was about 50% split until United scored their second, when Mou parked. Eriksen took several shots from 25-30 yards out that make Spurs' look far better statistically then they actually were.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Certainly De Gea was never even close to tested.

Yeah, thats also fair. But there was a few chance that weren't actually shot that could have been very dangerous. Like that cross that Kane was too short to reach in the first 20 min or that other pass that Eriksen sent into the box that Alli was just a meter too behind to get. Still, could have and should have doesn't win you games so it really doesn't matter.

I still think United was pretty impressive defensively and they were more than correct in offense. They could have propably scored a third one though if Rashford wasn't such a robot, player go down in front of him to block any incoming shot, still continue advancing instead of going left or right. :U

And Kane did get the ball in the second half I believe but he barely did anything dangerous with it sadly. Well, not sadly for United obviously. :P