Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UCL 2017-2018 Group Stage Draws
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Pot 1 and Pot 4 are relatively easy comparing to last years and Pot 2 probably the hardest one ever.

Who would you want in your group?

I personally want Qarabağ from pot 4. Short travel and another Turkish team. To qualify I'd like the most logical ones from 1 and 2: Moskow and Porto-Sevilla. Everyone except Real Madrid and PSG.

24/08/17 18:00CET : Group stage draw
12–13/09/17: Group stage, matchday one
26–27/09/17: Group stage, matchday two
17–18/10/17: Group stage, matchday three
31/10/17–01/11/17: Group stage, matchday four
21–22/11/17: Group stage, matchday five
05–06/12/17: Group stage, matchday six

11/12/17: Round of 16 draw
13–14/02/18 and 20–21/02/18: Round of 16, first leg
06–07/03/18 and 13–14/03/18: Round of 16, second leg

16/03/18: Quarter-final draw
03–04/04/18: Quarter-finals, first leg
10–11/04/18: Quarter-finals, second leg

13/04/18: Semi-final and final draw
24–25/04/18: Semi-finals, first leg
01–02/05/18: Semi-finals, second leg

26/05/18: Final (NSK Olimpiyski, Kyiv)

enter image description here

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

We got the second most difficult group, fuck meeee

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd say G & H are worse mate :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Let me go over all group now.

Group A: Easy group for United, they should be first with near maximum point imo. Benfica will be favorite to second place but CSKA might give them some trouble. Basel isn't the weakest side ever either but I predict they will end last of this group.

Group B: Bayern vs Paris duel will be interesting, will give us a chance to gauge both of their level since both of them play too many pushover in their local league. Celtic will fight Anderlecht for 3rd place propably.

Group C: Tough group, even though Chelsea and Atletico are favorite imo. Still think Roma could qualify if they managed good form in those game. It could even be at Atletico expense. I sadly don't expect a lot from Qarabag.

Group D: Juventus favorite to finish first of their group for me if they manage to keep the form they had last season. Barcelona should finish first and I think Sporting will drop into EL.

Group E: Sevilla and Liverpool favorite to get top spot of this group. Spartak were quite unlucky considering the few time they actually get such a chance.

Group F: City and Napoli are favorite of course, especially City but both Shaktar and Feyernoord could cause some problem to Napoli. I still expect the two sky blue team to get to the knockout phase.

Group G: Monaco will propably be favorite to top the group even if I worry about their depth this season. Second place will be very hard to get however and anything could happen. Good luck to Besiktas though Emre. ;)

Group H: APOEL won't propably win any game in that group. BVB and Real will propably be favorite to reach the knockout phase and while I do believe Spurs can propably do something against BVB, I don't see them being consistent enough to manage to beat them to second place. Hope nobody gonna say they floped though cause seriously, they got the worst draw out of all the English side. :(

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Lol, GG to Spurs, but it's good too see FIVE English in the CL. Time to for us to make CL English again, boys!

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Poor Spurs, still Dortmund are beatable but I think Tottenham will end up in Europa league.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think Dortmund can probably beat every English team in a two-legged tie with the exception of Chelsea. None of the other English teams are defensively reliable, and the only one that is (Man United) has trouble scoring goals lol.

My predictions (in order of 1st and 2nd) are:

A: United, Benfica
B: Bayern, Paris
C: Atletico, Chelsea
D: Juventus, Sporting
E: Sevilla, Liverpool
F: Napoli, City
G: Monaco, Porto
H: Madrid, Dortmund

How many times have Madrid-Dortmund and Juventus-Barcelona been a thing lol. If you're going to rig the ties, at least make it less obvious.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think Dortmund can probably beat every English team in a two-legged tie with the exception of Chelsea. None of the other English teams are defensively reliable, and the only one that is (Man United) has trouble scoring goals lol.

My predictions (in order of 1st and 2nd) are:

A: United, Benfica
B: Bayern, Paris
C: Atletico, Chelsea
D: Juventus, Barcelona
E: Sevilla, Liverpool
F: City, Napoli
G: Monaco, Porto
H: Madrid, Dortmund

How many times have Madrid-Dortmund and Juventus-Barcelona been a thing lol. If you're going to rig the ties, at least make it less obvious.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki Indeed, that look likely. Wouldn't mind seeing Spurs surprise everyone and go to the knockout phase.

@Dynast Well, BVB cannot go in a group with another german side and Real cannot go in a group with another Spanish team, that mean they have a bigger chance getting into the same group if they are drawed last. Wonder if that reflexion of mine make any sense? :S

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki Indeed, that look likely. Wouldn't mind seeing Spurs surprise everyone and go to the knockout phase.

@Dynast Well, BVB cannot go in a group with another german side and Real cannot go in a group with another Spanish team, that mean they have a bigger chance getting into the same group if they are drawed last. Wonder if that reflexion of mine make any sense. :D

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Group A: Manchester United, Benfica

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain

Group C: Atletico Madrid, Chelsea

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona

Group E: Sevilla, Liverpool

Group F: Manchester City, Napoli

Group G: Monaco, RB Leipzig

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund

These are my predictions...

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Dortmund has been very average for the past one and a half years or so. I think Spurs will go through.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

A lot of that is explained simply from being in pot 1 and not having the option of drawing another English team. We drew the german team from pot 2 once, the spanish team from pot 2 twice, and the italian team from pot 2 once.

While it doesn't look right with the exception of the last two draws where we weren't in pot 1, it's statically probable, not unlikely. The last two years we've either been lucky or the Glazers have been sucking that UEFA dick.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Make more sense but its still a bit weird you never got to play Real, Barcelona or Bayern (in the year Dortmund were rocking the league).

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Make more sense but its still a bit weird you never got to play Real, Barcelona or Bayern (in the year Dortmund were rocking the league

That year we uhhhh...didn't play in the UCL. Cause Moyes' league finishes were not as dank as his UCL ones.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Glazers been sucking that dick or UEFA does , idk . Which is fine if it is true honestly football corruption doesn't surprise me anymore and I am just wondering why the fjcck abramovich not pulling any strings in UEFA.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Last time United drew Benfica and Basel, they didn't make it to the knock out phases...#fact

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Lol at Dynast prediction, Barca will end up first of their group mark my words, if we keep Messi it's enough all problems aside.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

This all feels weird without Arsenal. Anyone agree with me?

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

United and benfica
Bayern and PSG
Atleti and Chelsea
Barca and Juventus
Sevilla and Liverpool
City and Napoli
Monaco and Besiktaa
Madrid and Dortmund

olddrawspls

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@amir

No mate, actually for the first time it all feels right.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Group A has two obvious teams to make it to Rof16. ManU and Benfica. CSKA Moscow to finish 3rd.

Group B has two of the best teams. Since I consider PSG as the favourites to win the Champions League I also think they will be 1st. If Anderlecht to finish 3rd.

Group C: Atletico Madrid and Chelsea are the favourites to win the group. I am not sure who will top the group but Roma will definitely will finish 3rd. Sorry for Qarabağ.

Group D: Juventus and Barcelona obviously. Messi's form will determine the better of the two.

Group E: Easiest group. Liverpool and Sevilla are the favouites and considering the superiority of Spanish teams against the English teams, Sevilla to top the group. S.Moskow to finish 3rd. Maribor will get 1 point.

Group F: Manchester City and Napoli. Shakhtar 3rd.

Group G: Hardest one to predict. I was sure we were going to make it to the Rof16 until we get the hardest opponent from pot 4. Now I still think we will make it but not %100 tho. I say 1.Beşiktaş 2.Monaco 3.Leipzig 4.Porto #Believe

Group H: For the first time I'll consider Tottenham as a competitor. Madrid 1st obviously. 2nd Tottenham and 3rd Dortmund. Apoel will get 0 points.