Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Under-used footballer this season.
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

So, I thought I make a list of all the footballer who were heavily dropped this season compared to the last one. To be eligible in the list, the player must have played at least 10 more game last season than in the current one (doesn't count if he was injured however) and must not have moved in the summer (this ain't about flop or player being brought as rotation player).
I recommend Whoscored and Transfermarkt to make research.

Here a few already:
Gary Cahill (25 EPL games vs 37 EPL games last season)
Yaya Toure (8 EPL games vs 25 EPL games last season)
Claudio Bravo (1 EPL games vs 22 EPL games last season)
Matteo Darmian (6 EPL games vs 18 EPL games last season)
Andre Gomes (16 La Liga games vs 30 La Liga games last season)
Fernando Torres (757 minutes in La Liga vs 1416 minutes in La Liga last)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, I thought I make a list of all the footballer who were heavily dropped this season compared to the last one. To be eligible in the list, the player must have played at least 10 more game last season than in the current one (doesn't count if he was injured however) and must not have moved in the summer (this is no a thread about flop).

Here a few already:
David Luiz (10 EPL games vs 33 EPL games last season)

So, I thought I make a list of all the footballer who were heavily dropped this season compared to the last one. To be eligible in the list, the player must have played at least 10 more game last season than in the current one (doesn't count if he was injured however) and must not have moved in the summer (this ain't about flop or player being brought as rotation player).

Here a few already:
David Luiz (10 EPL games vs 33 EPL games last season)

Here a few already:

Here a few already:
Andre Gomes (16 La Liga games vs 30 La Liga games)

Comments
Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

I'll get back to you on this one.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Yvan21 Please do, its actually a bit harder to find player like that than I first thought. Most of the player who were dropped from last season were actually injured.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well Chelsea having been saying that Luiz has been injured for most of the season, but most fans think he just got dropped so idk.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Didn't even realise Luiz had been "injured". Thanks for the head up, fixed it. ;)

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

is it just epl? if not there is bale, mctominay and lucas moura.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius Mctominay and Bale played more game this season than last one (in their league at least) whike Lucas was sold in the summer. But yeah, its ain't only about EPL.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Okay I found one I think,
Andre Gomes 16/17 season: 30 La Liga games (1592 min), 8 CL games (465 min), then 17/18 season: 16 La Liga games (628 min), 9 CL games (170 min).

I don't remember him being injured that much, and from what I've seen from him it's very justifiable why his minutes are much lower lol

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Yvan21 Added, thank you! ;)

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Does number of minutes subbed in count, cuz some players just came in for the sake of time, some totally deserved, some are just uhmn... .Then:

• Martial, Rashford
  • Mkhitarian,
  • Mata

Can be in the list..

Lol Andre Gomez, kinda deserves it there

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Well, Mkhi didn't play a full year at United so it technically doesn't really count. Martial literally played only about 60 less minute this season when compared to the last one. Same with Rashford, something like 90 min less in the PL when compared to last season and strangely enough, its tell me Mata played a bit more this season than last one.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

How about Fernando Torres? 16/17 season: 31 La Liga games (1416 minutes) and 17/18 season: 24 La Liga games (757 minutes). It's not that heavily dropped and also understandable since they acquired Costa and Vitolo.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Yvan21 Yeah, but its still count. Thanks for the addition. ;)

10 1583

how about juan cuadrado juventus? 45 apps last season, 27 this season

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Mata has certainly played more this season compared to last. Martial and Rashford feel like they're getting played less, but that's because they aren't starting as much.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Yeah, thats what it seem like, to be fair, I think used Martial more this season until Sanchez came along.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Add Rudy to the list. He plays least of our midfielders.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Yeah, but tecnically, he wasn't at Bayern last season, the list concern player that used to be used a lot more by their club last season but suddenly got less game time.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: that means definitely Martial should be in the list.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@tuan_jinn 60 less minute mate. Thats less than a single game. You could say Martial played one game less this season when compared to last one. I did think Martial wasn't given much game time compared to last season but he actually did, just not as a starter like Sunflash said.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tuan_jinn 60 less minute mate. Thats less than a single game. You could say Martial played one game less this season when compared to last one. I do thought Martial wasn't given much game compared to last season but he actually did, just not as a starter like Sunflash said.

10 1583

juan cuadrado, juventus. 45 apps last season, only 27 this season
victor wanyama, tottenham. 47apps last season, only 20 this season