Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Value the player #20
ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Most inconsistent thread series of all time? Anyway, we are back.

Today's player : Eden Hazard.

Fantastic world cup campaign. Destroyed pretty much every team he played against. I was gutted when he failed to score against France. He's a key player for Chelsea and has had a lot of speculation surrounding Madrid, who, if they buy him in the future, will play a lot of money for him, especially in this ridiculously inflated market. Looking back at my previous Value the Players its actually absurd how the prices for footballers have changed over time.

Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He'd probably hit 120 mil in today's market... but this is Chelsea we're talking about. They might just end up selling him for pennies and then purchasing someone like Cengiz Under for 150 million lol.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'd peg him at around 150 mil assuming 2+ years on his contract. Considering how Barca went for Coutinho I think it seems about rght.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Is Hazard better than Neymar?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Really hard to say, I'd personally take Hazard over Neymar because I think Hazard is more pragmatic and has more class but I think it will greatly depend on the person answering.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Around 111-120

Seems fair, Hazard has flaws but it is quite fixable

Hazard > Neymar btw

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Around 111-120

Seems fair, Hazard has flaws but it is quite fixable

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

27 years, has still 6 years in his legs, his club doesn’t want to sell, huge contribution and a good World Cup. Chelsea already refuse 115 mil offer from Madrid. Good impact on shirts sales and marketing impact.

125 mil for me since Coutinho is younger, but since Chelsea is refusing 140 mil with the inflation won’t shock me.

Btw, nice you revived this thread, with the actual market it’s more enjoyable to value players.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

if neymar is worth 222 mil pounds then hazard is worth the same to the very least. don't just look at age, experience and maturity should be valued. a ready made player.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

if neymar is worth 222 mil pounds then hazard is worth the same to the very least.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Neymar is the first shirt seller in Asia and top 3 in everywhere else, he is worth money without playing football thats what im talking about. its not really about who is the best player in todays market.

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@tiki_taka Yeah your post reminded me that I was supposed to this series every Sunday haha. This current market is stupid, do you think it will get worse?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@rama I know I'm not tiki but I personally think it will, slowly at a time, the market price will rise, propably won't be as crazy as when Pogba was signed by United though.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I would sign Hazard over Neymar any day, but tiki is right Neymar's market value is higher.

I think Hazard is still underrated, a transfer to a different club would boost his market value up and sell way more shirts. May be he's too nice :D His image manager should score more mainstream advertisements :D

tiki_taka 6 years ago

@Tuan Yeah I agree, he isn’t really there to show off out of the pitch just like Messi. In today’s buisness you are obliged to do so to compete even in individual awards, the more fans you have, the better you are handled in this buisness. I think Hazard stats would be higher in a club like City and stats talk more to people rather than the impact.

@rama Yeah at first I wanted to value just Neymar, then I remembered someone making it regularly so I said why not revive this good idea. I think it would be very interesting if you keep them and choose specific players, would be Nice :)

For your question imo it won’t, there are two parallel markets, a regulated one, you can see it in Germany, France from midtable to Lyon-Marseille-Monaco-Nice, Italy, Spain except the elite : That market is still the same, amazing players with less visibility switching clubs with decent amounts.
Then you got the crazy market, PL new injected money makes prices climbing, money clubs, star players with marketing values, taking a player from a club refusing to sell, buyout clauses being activated, English players. These parameters are now well settled in negotiations table. Before each player had a price tag, now it depends on who is wanting to buy. Barca sold Marlon for 5 mil to Sasaulo in Italy regulated market, then Mina to Everton for 35 mil. I believe Marlon is more talented but does it matter ?

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

140 - 150M for me. He's still in his prime, and has a solid 3-5 years to perform at the highest level.

EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

Totally agree with iHeratFootball, maybe i can update to 150-160M. Top PLayer around World.