Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

VAR use in the world cup discussion :
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Morocco with their captain Benatia and Coach Hervé Renard have adressed a request to Fifa because on their suspission on the Morocco-Portugal ref. they got denied VAR 3 times while they were right on it 3 times...

Amrabat also said that the ref Marc Geiger have asked for Ronaldo shirt at half time, which Fifa answered it in this video, you can see the paper.

First goal : Pepe at his best taking off 2 defenders while Ronaldo filling the gap left behind him. worked on training probably...

2 pks not given : VAR denied :

2 bonuses : Dives from Portugal.

This was the game the most unfair of the tournment, but then again there was many calls not given and manysoft calls given.

Soft call :

wrong call :

Tunisian asked for VAR being sure it was outside the box, REF ignored them in disrespective way.

Serbia vs Switzerland :

Paste controversial moments, opinion on ones i posted, opinions on the VAR use in this WC...etc

We dont analyses games much we got like 3 to watch a day and then we do not have time to discuss them, or analyse them. then it makes place to impressions, feelings, subjectivity... paste anything no one seen it or noticed it in this odd WC.

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago

Morocco just gor comfirmation that VAR arent used in their location lol...

First the ball crossed the line before the cross. Corner kick given wrongly left corner.

Spanish played the corner from the right...

still was offside :

but hey, VAR is here for justice....

Spain to go through....

there was Piqué handball during the game and the ball entirely crossed the line before the cross who leaded to the corner.....

Moroccan deserved to win both games at the end they are out....

Hard luck for Atlas lions they deserved more...

tiki_taka 6 years ago

proof of corruption ?

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I still think Rojo's handball was penalty, he wasn't pulled, pushed or anything, he missed the header and so it his his arm. I bet it would have been penalty on the other side...

As soon as it wasn't blown, I knew Argentina will win it, that was the turning point..

tiki_taka 6 years ago

But then again if Ighalo scored it would have been over too, imo the advantage has been played if the ball was taken off from him then 100% pk.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Make sure it's used up to twice a game, once per manager, unless it is emergency use, which can be activated in the last 10 minutes or something. Then make sure that all decisions that are unsure don't lead to a game changing situation. Rojo's handball yesterday shouldn't have been given for example, reason being Argentina would have conceded even though the decision was universally agreed by everyone.

VAR has improved the WC, but there are still some flaws to it.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

You can very easily see why the ref did not see that the ball was out. Also, VAR cannot have been used in that situation because it cannot look at things before the restart from which a goal is scored. In addition, I don't know if anyone saw the Germany-Korea game just now, but maybe you conspiracy theorists are going down a rabbit hole that doesn't exist with your "big teams get favors" concepts.

I know you lot want some drama, or to poke holes in VAR, but it's already made a significant improvement that will only get better as referees and players adapt to it.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I agree. The VAR addition has been a godsend to this game and its application in the KoreavGermany match was absolutely perfect. If it hadn't been there, I can guarantee you the goal would've been called off

I remember someone mentioning how the questionable calls after VAR were simply down to human error, which I whole heartedly agree as well, 1000%. It just goes to show that we need this system in place for the sake of fair-er play.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

VAR helps! It's simple.
Only REF didn't, and together it takes out the beautiful games' best part...
Because without VAR it has HIGHER change of human mistakes, with VAR it's very deliberate false calls... :(

My man summarized it perfectly.