Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Villas-Boas sacked by Chelsea
GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked after just eight months in charge at Chelsea.

The 34-year-old Portuguese has been axed 24 hours after the Blues' Premier League defeat at West Bromwich Albion.

Assistant manager Roberto di matteo, a former Chelsea midfielder, has
been placed in charge of the first-team until the end of the season.

A Chelsea statement read: "The board would like to record our gratitude
for his [Villas-Boas'] work and express our disappointmentthat the
relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been
good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the
season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Champions
League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the
Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all
fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

What do you think guys?

Comments
ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

Come on Chelsea lets bring back Mourinho!

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

I doubt Mourinho will be back to Chelsea

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

Good decision, Chelsea should sign Hiddink again.

Gennady 12 years ago

@thijsFCB Hiddink just took a job in Russian side Anzhi. I think Rafa Benitez will take over Chelsea in Summer.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@thijsFCB : Nah , he' s with Anzhi now, gotta take Guardiola maybe or Louis van Gaal.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

The chief Abramovic need to do the right choices : fire players that are useless,choose an old and experienced coach who has already won CL before.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Rafa Benitez fell thru cuz he wanted 2 year but he was only offered a short term contract. Chelsea is targeting guardiola but I really hope he stays at Barcelona. He was meant to coach that team

Azandre_69 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 9 114

@gennady, i also doubt mourinho will come to chelsea coz he was sacked by abramovich.

@expertfootball11, well put. Some players need to be sacked.

I personally did not want him to go but im also disappointed with recent trend of results. Why the fuck did we sack ancelotti. Abramovich simply does not have patience.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

sad man...I like AVB he was different! 

SergioAguero 12 years ago
Manchester City, Iraq 3 51

Why? AVB is a great manager. And why is Chelsea always ''sacking'' coaches year after year. Very Strange.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Can't say I'm entirely surprised. I mean, one only needs to look at RA track record. Personally, I think if RA was willing to take a hit this year and stuck with AVB then they would've become a great team. Fortunately for the other teams, RA lacks foresight and said enough is enough.  I think he's gonna go after either the fat spanish waiter, Luis van Gaal, or Unai Emery.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I guess there's gonna be a  "continuation of the cultural pattern instead of support for the project".  Perhaps its time for RA to just manage the team himself and get it over with.

GunnerGo 12 years ago

@Footaholic, Unai Emery? i really doubt it, Van Gaal may be a possible choice, Emery won't leave Valencia (unless they sack him), also i think that his tactics won't fit right away in Chelsea.. It would be like AVB i think...
Abramovich have to be more patience with a manager, the chelsea squad was "made in mourinho" and the only one that was capable of handle it was Ancelotti so...

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Emery most probably won't leave but that doesn't mean he's not gonna chase him.

GunnerGo 12 years ago

Yes, just for the fact that they don't have a manager he is free to chase whoever he wants, but i stand and say that Emery won't fit right away in EPL

rossonerikid 12 years ago
AC Milan 24 100

Why did Abramovich sack King Carlo in the first place?!

Manshitty_are_shit 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

I predicted this from the first day he was signed.  Ancelotti should have never been sacked. 

Gennady 12 years ago

"Looking for what is an eighth manager in nine years is a serious embarrassment to the owner, the club, the fans and the league." 

Chelsea_Flagan 12 years ago
Chelsea, England 9 47

I feel sad and embarrassed, we have the worst owner who still don't get that money doesn't buy you trophies!!! Managers need time ffs. We destroyed AVB, he pretty much went from hero to zero in 6 month or so...

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

The Chelsea owner thinks he can quickly solve Chelsea's problem by hiring good managers.

Roman Abromovich really doesn't understand how Football works. It takes time for a new manager to settle in to the club.

I think sacking him isn't for the Chelsea's benefit. It's simply deteriorating Chelsea's pride and affecting its reputation. AVB shouldn't have been sacked, what a retarded decision to make.