Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Wenger and Arsenal
Roni77 7 years ago
1 372

To all Arsenal fans and others, Wenger is the one who made the history for the club. Without him, Arsenal is nothing. Look at Man U without Fergi. Even Mou is struggling.

I need someone to state why you think that he is a bad manager. He continues to add more great players for the team.

P.S. I'm not trolling.

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I'm going to take this as you are not trolling, but if you don't want to get banned, my tips are for you not spamming on walls.

Okay, why do people want Wenger out after his work? My answer to this is that he simply isn't the right man to lead us to glory anymore. That's why. Of course, his time can't be forgotten, and I do see why people want him to stay after the whole money issues we had, but since, it's not like we had a new revolution. A team of Arsenal's caliber shouldn't be winning 2 trophies in 11 years. It's simply not good enough. Yes, he consistently got us top 4, but repeating cycles year after year can certainly get tedious.

If you ask a WOB why they want Wenger to currently stay, 99% of the time they will talk of the past. I also disagree when you say

Wenger is the one who made the history for the club. Without him, Arsenal is nothing.

Graham won 2 trophies in 8 years, Wenger 3 in 20. I know what I'm choosing. Wenger in my opinion would be considered the best manager if SAF wasn't around. He was a shade behind SAF. SAF won 13 titles himself if I correct. That shows how great of a manager he really is, even when it took him 2 years to win an FA cup like LVG.

This probably isn't the best way to put things, but I hope you see why people want Wenger out.

PS: I thought you were a Madrid fan. It's really odd seeing you with a photo of Wenger.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Clubs that have a dedicated manager for a long period of time either go slightly up or waaaay down when he leaves. It's a big gamble, and the way Arsenal seems to prioritize consistency in terms of fiscal reward, I doubt we'll see a change.

I'm honestly not sure if I'd pull the plug if I had the chance. Since I'm not an Arsenal fan, I don't have an inside view of the frustration/contentment of the consistency 2/3/4th place finishes.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Arsenal seems to prioritize consistency in terms of fiscal reward, I doubt we'll see a change.

^ this is the realest sentence anyone has said on footyroom. this describes arsenal.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Until Wenger quits himself , no one wants him to go at Arsenal other than fans

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Jamie Carragher once said that the difference between Chelsea and Arsenal is the ruthlessness. There is an air of ruthlessness at Chelsea that Arsenal lacks. Although it's sad to see managers get fired, that's the reason Chelsea actually win trophies unlike their London counter-part. The Chelsea culture has come to a point where it is known to everybody that being second best is not allowed. Failure is not tolerated at all. This ruthlessness has transfered from the board to the managers to the players and to the fans. Arsenal are clearly too content with the way they have been rolling. It's actually a great thing that Wenger consistently comes Top 4. But does Arsenal want to continue to be Top 4 or win? If they want to continue to be Top 4, then there's no one better than Wenger. But if they want to win, then risks must be taken...

It's like Gary Neville said: it's ridiculous that Wenger has convinced the fans that a Top 4 finish is fine. If Arsenal truly believe themselves to be the "elite" club that they claim to be (which I genuinely don't think they are), then they must realize that Top 4 should be considered a failure for an elite club. Imagine Real Madrid or Chelsea's reaction when they don't finish 1st.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Just to let you know, the major holder of Arsenal Stan Kroenke:

I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies.

He is running this club as a business and it's working for him, that's why Wenger is not going to be sacked. He was offered 2 year contract extension already. This club is just business, nothing else.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

same with united, it's more business than football. it's the biggest football business in the world. But even though they are below arsenal, they still have a fighting mindset, they want to win, they are in all competitions, i din't get why arsenal can't have that same mindset. It all comes down to the coach imo. i think he should get rid of those second rate french players he has...i think wenger is french...that's the reason i think, and buy himself a consistent striker.

Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

I do not get why many Arsenal fans are upset. I mean (with all respect), Arsenal is a good team but not great like other European teams. It is clear that the management don't care about wining trophies and focus only on business (look at ticket prices for Arsenal games). Even the complain about Wenger. When he had the great players, they won couple of leagues and that's it. No CL either, although they reached the final once.

amir_keal 7 years ago

I do not get why many Arsenal fans are upset. I mean (with all respect), Arsenal is a good team but not great like other European teams. It is clear that the management don't care about wining trophies and focus only on business (look at ticket prices for Arsenal games). Even the complain about Wenger. When he had the great players, they won couple of leagues and that's it. No CL either, although they reached the final once.

That's why I am upset. We once had the best team in europe, went unbeaten in the league, got the UCL final, but as soon as David Dein left, so did the good Arsenal. Trust me, I would do anything to get him back. At the same time, if you asked me if Arsenal is good enough to compete like europe teams I would give you a big yes. Look at how we beat Chelsea in the first half. I tell you, if we play like that every week, we would be hands down the best team in europe.

He is running this club as a business and it's working for him, that's why Wenger is not going to be sacked. He was offered 2 year contract extension already. This club is just business, nothing else

At the same time investments are still being given let's not forget. I hear Usmanov and the richest man in Africa want to team up. I look forward, but I hope we think about who we buy. Let's not forget the board.

If anyone knows anything to do with football, the problems Arsenal have are mostly mentally. Against City, we threw away 45 minutes hard work in 2 minutes. I also feel that the formation must change to suit both attack and defense. 4 2 3 1 limits our presence in attack and defense, so we not only let in goals, we also concede them. With new formations, comes sacrifices. I would not mind letting players like Ramsey, OX... To suit this approach. Other than that, we have potential.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I tell you, if we play like that every week, we would be hands down the best team in europe.

Lol. That's the difference between the great teams and the mediocre ones. Great teams have consistency, mediocre teams show flashes of brilliance. And even if you did play like that, you still wouldn't be able to beat the monsters that are Barcelona, Bayern, and the two Madrids.

If anyone knows anything to do with football, the problems Arsenal have are mostly mentally.

Only mental? Seems like the squad needs a complete overhaul to even compete in England. Does anybody really think a midfield-tandem of Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Coquelin is good enough to win the league? The only two world-class players Arsenal have are Ozil and Sanchez. On top of that, Ozil is quite lazy and their next-closest world-beater, Cech, is old. I genuinely cannot take Wenger seriously when he says he wants to win the league while he has Giroud as his striker.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

"IF"

Also difference between Great teams and mediocre teams is that even when they play worse the opposition they still pull a victory . Arsenal keeps on doing their square passes around the box ..

I genuinely cannot take Wenger seriously when he says he wants to win the league while he has Giroud as his striker.

However, he can do scorpion kicks !

On serious note , I completely agree that Wenger lost it by keeping Giroud and never getting world class players . Coquelin had one good season and Arsenal fans were screaming he is world class... come on mate !

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011 But statwise, Coquelin is very well rated. Well, even though he really didn't impress me against Chelsea. :(

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Are you becoming a good member from now on? :D

Welcome!

amir_keal 7 years ago

Dynastian98

Lol. That's the difference between the great teams and the mediocre ones. Great teams have consistency, mediocre teams show flashes of brilliance. And even if you did play like that, you still wouldn't be able to beat the monsters that are Barcelona, Bayern, and the two Madrids.

We could certainly beat Bayern. We beat them 2 0 last season, but that first half performance was better than that Bayern one, so Bayern is out the window. The two Madrids are debateable, but I believe Arsenal can beat them. I also believe we can beat Barcelona. Look at that game when we lost 2 0. We would have won if we had taken our chances. To see us run at them would be unimageable. Also, I don't remember Arsenal being 'mediocre; but whatever.

Only mental? Seems like the squad needs a complete overhaul to even compete in England. Does anybody really think a midfield-tandem of Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Coquelin is good enough to win the league? The only two world-class players Arsenal have are Ozil and Sanchez. On top of that, Ozil is quite lazy and their next-closest world-beater, Cech, is old. I genuinely cannot take Wenger seriously when he says he wants to win the league while he has Giroud as his striker.

I said mainly, not only. Second off, yes they can win the league. If we throw away a few players for the formation rebuild I spoke about before, we could 100% win the league. Leicester won the league with players like Drinkwater Albrighton, so why can't we with Ozil and Coquelin? I personally wouldn't consider Cech our 'next' world class player. It's more of someone like Bellerin ( would be best RB if he improved defending) or Cazorla. We're not in a panic for goalkeepers. We've got Ospina, and Wojech is still at Roma, and it seems he has improved a lot, so I will happily take him on board, as he is such a good shotstopper. As for Giroud, again it's the formation I spoke of. He can't do it by himself, he needs pace next to him. Someone like Sanchez would do good. It's a win win situation.

Marcus2011

Also difference between Great teams and mediocre teams is that even when they play worse the opposition they still pull a victory . Arsenal keeps on doing their square passes around the box ..

Well, there's been matches when we've played bad but nicked a win. Against Burnley in October, we passed around the box for 85 minutes but still won. It's a concern, but if that's the difference, I wouldn't call Arsenal 'mediocre', but okay.

On serious note , I completely agree that Wenger lost it by keeping Giroud and never getting world class players . Coquelin had one good season and Arsenal fans were screaming he is world class... come on mate !

I have not once said Coquelin was world class. When you compare it to the end of last season and now, Giroud has improved, that's why I wouldn't sell him. I now wouldn't say ST is our most important position to strengthen. I do want Wenger to spend when we need it urgently. Even Lucas Perez, he was bought as a ST, but he doesn't often play there. I like him, but I felt at the time it was a cheap signing.

Emobot7

even though he really didn't impress me against Chelsea.

That game against Chelsea was the worst game he had all season. It's not only him though that played bad. Pretty much everyone had a bad game, even Sanchez and Ozil. Let's not take anything away from him though, but I hope things like that won't happen again.

tuan_jinn

Are you becoming a good member from now on?

Things happen. That is all I will say.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@amir_keal Agreed with the part with Coquelin. His perfomance against Chelsea doesn't take anything away from him and while he might not be world-class, he is very decent in my opinion. Also, just to make sure, you do know tuan jinn was talking to Roni when he said that, right?

Also I cannot get behind me the fact that everybody seem to think something along the line, team x could never beat team y. Those kind of stuff doesn't exist, its more like x could rarely beat y. What is it with people and fatality those day? Nothing is pre-defined after all (or at least, very few thing are). :(

amir_keal 7 years ago

I look like dope, I didn't know.

Also I cannot get behind me the fact that everybody seem to think something along the line, team x could never beat team y. Those kind of stuff doesn't exist, its more like x could rarely beat y. What is it with people and fatality those day? Nothing is pre-defined after all (or at least, very few thing are). :(

Take your +1 you genius.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Indeed i was talking about Roni

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wright saying on BBC he thinks Wenger will leave at end of the season after meeting Wenger last night

amir_keal 7 years ago

Provide the link.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

We could certainly beat Bayern. We beat them 2 0 last season, but that first half performance was better than that Bayern one, so Bayern is out the window.

Congrats, you beat them in a game Guardiola was using to experiment with his tactics. Did you forget the return leg where you got smashed 5-1? I believe that's what they call a reality check.

The two Madrids are debateable, but I believe Arsenal can beat them. I also believe we can beat Barcelona.

Yeah, I'll believe that after you guys manage to beat Chelsea on a consistent basis. If you can't beat the best in your country how can you expect to beat the best in the world? There's a difference between having faith in your team and making illogical remarks. Arsenal have proven time and time again that they are incapable of beating world-class teams. I see no reason why that would suddenly change this season.