Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What can you do about this?
T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Footyroom Bots

Something needs to be done about this. The MOTM feature on RM games is now useless because of the bot accounts voting CR7 MOTM. This was from the Bayern-RM game, where Ronaldo didnt score or assist and basically played very poorly. At first, Marcelo was the overwhelming MOTM because he scored a really good goal and gave RM momentum, and he deserved MOTM, then within 30 minutes, Ronaldo shot up to 75%, obviously all bot accounts since no way that real people are voting that fast hours after the game is over.

This just ruins the MOTM feature. Something needs to be done to fix this.

Comments
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

multiaccount lol. look at the amount of minuses tiki_taka get lol. I mean how salty can you get over a comment of a football match.

raimondo90 6 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Eh, don't even worry about that. It's useless. It's either used to troll or to always vote Messi and Rolando as motm regardless of everyone's performance. At this point FR should just write their own motm based on official UEFA sites or something.

And yes, the multiaccounting is still an issue. Sad thing is, this is not even the first time this has happened here. Before it was so much worse.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Eh, don't even worry about that. It's useless. It's either used to troll or to always vote Messi and Rolando as motm regardless of everyone's performance. At this point FR should just right their own motm based on official UEFA sites or something.

And yes, the multiaccounting is still an issue. Sad thing is, this is not even the first time this has happened here. Before it was so much worse.

LuisFigo 6 years ago
0 17

People love him, learn to live with it. You care too much what others think.

I thought Marcelo was the best on the field in this game, but Ronaldo wasn't bad either. He's the most popular athlete on the planet, it's understandable that he gets a lot of votes. Bots or no bots, he's just too popular.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@LuisFigo I get what you mean but for people who don't enjoy him that much, its frustrating to see him rated MOTM simply because he is popular. I mean, I respect Ronaldo and agree he is one of the best player in the world atm, but I personally don't think he was nowhere near a MOTM performance in last game. :( This isn't just people loving him, its people being biased. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

People loves him? Those Messi and Ronaldo fans' ruin every voting, the meaning of any award if fan boys keep blindly vote stuffs.

It will all turn into a popularity contest.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Exactly that. :(

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Luisfigo thats one of the dumbest things I've heard. If you think its real people that make CR7 shoot up from 2% MOTM to 75% MOTM in like 20 minutes, hours after the game ended, then you need some mental help. Theres clearly bots to vote Ronaldo (and Messi, but a lot less common) as MOTM and make it look like they won by an overwhelming majority.

Also, I wouldn't say that CR7 is most popular footballer. Up until Real Madrids 2 in a row UCL streak it was quite undisputed that Messi was the best in the world, now its more 50/50 but its clear that both Ronaldo and Messi are approaching the final years of their career.

Honestly, I think footy should just remove the vote MOTM feature altogether and choose their own MOTM or take the EUFA motm.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@T1lt3d Pretty sad but it could certainly be a good option to take of the problem.

LuisFigo 6 years ago
0 17

Luisfigo thats one of the dumbest things I've heard. If you think its real people that make CR7 shoot up from 2% MOTM to 75% MOTM in like 20 minutes, hours after the game ended, then you need some mental help.

When I first went into the highlights, about 30 minutes after the game, Ronaldo had the most votes along with Marcelo, so I highly doubt he ever had 2%. Regardless, my point had nothing to do with if there are bots that vote for him or not. What I was getting at is that there will always be a large group of people that vote for Ronaldo irrespective of his performance, because he's ridiculously popular.

Comparing Messi to Ronaldo in popularity is like comparing Pepsi to Cola, or Adidas to Nike. Everyone knows who is the biggest. If anything, Neymar is probably number two globally (but way behind CR7) among footballers.

10 1583

lol the match is madrid vs bayern. how is messi and neymar even involved? NICE logic btw, marcelo, asensio, isco and modric can never be motm because they are like pepsi or adidas.

LuisFigo 6 years ago
0 17

Marcelo, Asensio, Isco, Modric aren't even Pepsi or Adidas lol. They're like some small, shady fabrics in Africa producing soda and sporting goods.

10 1583

what about sergiosr4, I mean ramos?

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 2 88

I even got banned 4 weeks for saying that Ronaldo irritated me in that game... i wont respect this power of abuse from this idiot fanboy anymore. I would respect a ban only if it’s justified or someone explains me why went too far...

Every comment peppe, Luis Figo posted on Ronaldo gets automatically +4 even in forum lmao.

And False, go to every Barca highlights, Messi never gets 80% despite being the real MOTM. In fact he was the most consistent player of la liga this season : most goals- assists - dribbles - chances created and liga Player of the month...
I understand that you want to integrate both sides to sound objective and neutral, but this is mainly Ronaldo fans problem, Messi doesn’t show off and his fan base is mainly focus on pitch performances because he started to care about his look Only lately when he knew how stupid people were...

Find one game in the highlights Messi was voted undeservedly... you won’t.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I even got banned 4 weeks for saying that Ronaldo irritated me in that game... i wont respect this power of abuse from this idiot fanboy anymore. I would respect a ban only if it’s justified or someone explains me why went too far...

Every comment peppe, Luis Figo posted on Ronaldo gets automatically +4 even in forum lmao.

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Dw, Luisfigo is a fool probably using alt account to upvote himself and downvote anything less that praise of Ronaldo.

Saying Ronaldo is like Nike vs Adidas is very stupid. Up until 2016, it was nearly undisputed that Messi was the best footballer in the world. Now that Barca has lost a lot of key players and struggling in UCL in recent seasons while RM has the strongest squad in the world and winning UCLs, now the opinion on Messi vs Cr7 is more split.

Its not like this site is super pro-cr7, its just that the cr7 people on this site make bots and alt account to do shit like spamvote Cr7 MOTM every game, upvote every Cr7 praise comment and downvote everything else. This defeats the whole purpose of any voting system.

Go on every single RM, game, cr7 is MOTM almost every single game, regardless of how good/bad he played, even if he played really shit that game. Barca games usually only have Messi MOTM if he really deserved it. Like the game vs Sevilla, Messi had goal and 2 assists, but Iniesta was still MOTM (deservedly).

LuisFigo 6 years ago
0 17

Find one game in the highlights Messi was voted undeservedly... you won’t.

Precisely the point I'm making. People aren't as invested in Messi; he simply isn't anywhere near the popularity of Ronaldo. Everything else you wrote is chaotic babble - looks like a digression of frustration.

Saying Ronaldo is like Nike vs Adidas is very stupid.

Should I feel depressed or laugh about the fact that you don't understand what the word 'popularity' means?

T1lt3d 6 years ago
5 897

Precisely the point I'm making. People aren't as invested in Messi; he simply isn't anywhere near the popularity of Ronaldo. Everything else you wrote is chaotic babble - looks like a digression of frustration.

Umm, the real reason is because unline CR7 fans, Messi fans dont make bots and alt accounts to spam vote MOTM, and a lot of Messi fans wouldn't vote Messi MOTM if he didn't deserve it.

Dumber and more childish fans =/= more fans.

And yeah, I'm totally "frustrated" that some kids who only love Cr7 because he's the EA sports cover star would waste their time making 20 accounts to vote.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Check the Barca highlights guys lol.

10 1583

multiaccounts vote barca as lucky lmao. luisfigo is seriously suspect lol.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

why do u guys even care? like it seems such a petty and insignificant thing to be annoyed by...

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@nanda first of all it's a breach of FR rules to have multiple accounts. Second, it hinders any real conversation between users who actually want to share opinions. Third, it's extremely sad someone mad about 15 accounts with that sole purpose.