Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What do you guys think about USA?
carrolmz 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Spain 10 4

I know I know... we call it soccer and our league is shite. BUT, we occasionally make up for losses to Panama, Costa Rica, and Columbia at home by drawing England and beating Spain and Italy away. What do you guys think about the rise of American soccer since we finished dead last in the 98 cup. Would it be the most surprising thing in the world if we played a semi-final in Russia 2018 or is that something you think could possibly happen. 

Comments
starland 12 years ago
Trabzonspor, Turkey 0 5

For a team that's not very good they are pretty good against tough opposition. US spirit sometimes makes up for lack of skills and technical ability, like that game against Algeria where Donovan scored in injury time. They need more skilled players and fewer pure athletes if they want to make it anywhere near the semis in Russia. 

starland 12 years ago
Trabzonspor, Turkey 0 5

Victory versus Italy in Italy is a positive step forward though! 

charles 12 years ago
Arsenal, Albania 0 1

USA needs more coaches from overseas to develop their youth squads. The quality of european youth development probably destroys that of the US right now, although the gap is closing. 

That said...Americans rarely dive and I think that is refreshing considering how many great players in Europe play like girls when it comes to contact. 

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

most of the americans are fat and have no condition... no offence btw... but some of the USA players are pretty good like Donovan and Altidore he plays here in holland at AZ alkmaar.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@CR7skillz: I have to disagree completely. If anything, you have it backwards. They are known for being extremely fit and well-conditioned, it's just that they have no technical skills.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I don't follow MLS but I do watch the USMNT on occasion and, for my part, I feel they are unjustly criticized.  I think they are always criticized b/c Americans have world-class atheletes in other sports and so naturally their footballers look amateur comparatively. But considering that they only started a professional league 15 yrs ago, I think they've been doing better than most would.  Their real problem is that they have no proper youth development system in place. I think that's a major part in why they hired Klinsmann.  On the other hand, football is gaining momentum in the USA and in time I wouldn't be surprised if they became very good.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Well, it isn't top class,but they've improved a lot since the WC 2010 passed & even before.