Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What Is The Most Successful Movie Franchise of All Time?
Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Excluding Marvel, because everyone knows Marvel is the biggest if you combine all the different series they have. What is success? Fans, box office, merchandise, legacy, impact, relevance etc.

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

The titanic and Gone with the wind are still some of the highest grossing movies of all time, considering how old those movies are and how different advertising and marketing is now, i would say that is success.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

DUDE. FRANCHISES!

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

how do you rate success, considering most franchises are pure regurgitated garbage that is not even about making quality film then the best ones are easily star wars , or Lord of the rings, it been so long since ive seen a super hero movie that wasnt injecting CGI like steroids, dark knight comes to mind, but those gems are so far and few between, so the runner up is obv batman,

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Star wars then

how do you rate success, considering most franchises are pure regurgitated garbage that is not even about making quality film then it easily star wars , or Lord of the rings, it been so long since ive seen a super hero movie that wasnt injecting CGI like steroids, dark knight comes to mind, but those gems are so far and few between, so the runner up is obv batman,

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

also based on the amount of fans, Star wars and lord of the rings would be the highest, and the harry potter probably

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Quality of movies is not relevant when you're voting here. Quality of films will already affect the success of a film, so I don't want your personal preference of the quality of films to affect your vote here.

Success: Fans, box office, merchandise, legacy, impact, relevance, brand worth etc.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I remember doing this already lol

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Yeah I already made like 2-3 threads on it before, but we need an updated poll lol.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Star Wars for life. Still need to watch rogue one though. I'm so behind every movie. :( Hopefully, I'll be able to watch Godzilla 2 not long after its out in 2018. :D

Edit: And Godzilla 2 will only come out in 2019 after all. Man. :(

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

I've lived in the US, India and England - and I'm sorry to say this to some of you guys: There's not even a discussion what is the most successful/popular/famous/followed franchise all over the world. Harry Potter by far.

Marvel and Star Wars films are absolutely ridiculously huge in the US. Go to Asia and you can't believe how small they are in comparison. Harry Potter meanwhile, literally everybody knows. It's the franchise. The simple thing that separates Harry Potter from all the others is that it reached a popularity worldwide that is simply ridiculous.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I would probably say Harry potter because they had like 8 movies and in much more recent days. Box office is what decides this for me. Even though I prefer Star Wars as a franchise Im sure HP has gotten more movie income.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

I have a very similar impression from living in Europe my whole life but trying to get a grasp of it worldwide. Europeans will always focus on Europe, Americans will always focus on US etc, but trying to understand worldwide is way more interesting.

And come on guys: Need more votes!!

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

it has to be harry potter. not even an argument.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Well, I'm not actually arguing, but my love for Star Wars force me to pick it over Harry Potter even if I know HP is doing much better overall. :P

@Lily Also, now that I think about it, in your poll, you should have putted DC instead of Batman. Not everyone is a fan of the dark knight. Superman for the win, who's with me? ;D

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i prefer superman as well, batman never appealed to me...i don't know why

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

@Emo, then why on earth are you voting SW?! GUYS: DO NOT VOTE FOR PERSONAL PREFERENCE!

@Gonzi, that's fine but this vote really has absolutely nothing to do with personal preference. Remember: Size.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Gonzi Fine taste mate. ;) For me, I could say its because of the character and their difference, Superman is much more of classic good guy in my opinion and I like that, I got a lots of respect for the classic. Gotta love all his superpower as well. Batman tone is way more dark and the fact he alway fight against psycho and troubled criminal doesn't really interest me that much.

@Lily You can't make me betray my one true love. :P And beside, its not like those polls are goind into a important analysis, right. ;P

• History

@Gonzi Fine taste mate. ;) For me, I could say its because of the character and their difference, Superman is much more of classic good guy in my opinion and I like that, I got a lots of respect for the classic. Gotta love all his superpower as well. Batman tone is way more dark and the fact he alway fight against psycho and troubled criminal doesn't really interest me that much.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

I get that you have a preference, but please: this poll is for what you think is the most successful franchise, regardless of any personal liking. They're not going to any important analysis but I use it when discussing films with my friends. We often discuss what is the most successful film franchise (and always end up between Harry Potter and Star Wars lol).

Oh and: The Dark Knight Trilogy of Batman alone is more successful than all other Superman films. :p

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Lily Fine, I'll change my vote but that doesn't change that in my heart, SW is the best. ;)

Not suprise to hear Batman is so much more popular to Superman though in term of popularity.

Edit: And HP is 50% now, hope that make you happy. ;P

• History

@Lily Fine, I'll change my vote but that doesn't change that in my heart, SW is the best. ;)

Not suprise to hear Batman is so much more popular to Superman though in term of popularity.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

No, Emo, doesn't make me happy at all. You know Harry Potter is one of my favorite series but all I want to know here is what people consider the most successful one, and it certainly doesn't seem like everyone vote that way.

But yeah, I should maybe consider putting DC instead of Batman, doesn't seem to get much votes alone...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Lily Well, you shouldn't let it bother you, many people are moved by their heart rather than by their brain and everyone have their own favorite. Its doesn't meant your wrong when you say HP is the most popular and successful movie franchise. And yeah, I agree DC over Batman would have been espcially considering the studio recent movie wich had also many character other than Batman. Still, Marvel is way better than DC in my opinion.