Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is the "Top Club" and "Top Player" in each top tier?
SergioAguero10 8 years ago
Manchester City, Argentina 6 348

Hello guys....Im not new to FR, except I have only just made an account today!! Just wonderin if we could debate as to which club comes out on top in the top tier leagues; for example: Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, Premier League, and the best player within each league. Lets debate!!!!

Comments
Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

La Liga: Atletico and Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Modric/Iniesta/K. Navas
Bundesliga: Bayern and Muller/Lewa/Neuer/Robben
EPL: City and Aguero/Ozil/Silva/De Gea
Serire A: Juventus and I don't watch enough Serie A to know who their best player is
Ligue 1: PSG and Verratti/Zlatan

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

la liga: atletico and messi
bundesliga: bayern and robben
premier league: city and de bruyne
serie a: juventus and pogba
ligue 1: psg and di maria (now that zlatan is gone)

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Bpl: hazard, chelsea
Laliga: messi, atletico madrid
Bundesliga: costa, bayern
Ligue 1: di maria, psg
Serie a: dybala, juventus

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

La Liga: Atletico and Messi/Ronaldo
Bundesliga: Bayern and Lewa/Muller
EPL: City and Ozil
Serie A: Juventus and Buffon/Barzagli
Ligue 1: PSG and Thiago Silva

Thanks for your entries....Im gonna go fro these;
La Liga; Atletico and Messi/Griezmann
Bundesliga; Bayern and Reus/Muller
EPL: City and De Bruyne/Aguero
Serie A: Juventus and Dybala/Pogba
Ligue 1: PSG and Di Maria

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

La Liga: Atletico and Messi
Bundesliga: Bayern and Chicharito/Lewandowski
EPL: City and Aguero
Serie A: Juventus and Dybala

Thanks for all ur entries.....BTW Chicharito was insane this season for Bayer Leverkusen.....not to mention Dybala...That kid is the next wonder-trust me. Muller and Griezmann provided excellent attacking options for their respective teams. Then there's Messi......What can't I say??

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Seems like we have differing definitions of "top" which is only natural.

La Liga: Barcelona and Messi
Bundesliga: Bayern and Neuer
EPL: United and Aguero
Serie A: Juventus and overrated Pogba
Ligue 1: PSG and Zl....???...???...Thiago Silva

As you did say "best player" later on,

La Liga: Messi
Bundesliga: Robben
EPL: Aguero (when fit)
Serie A: Bonucci
Ligue 1: Verratti

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

La Liga: Atletico and Messi
Bundesliga: Bayern and Lewa
EPL: United and De Gea
Serie A: Juventus and Dybala

BOBBY123 8 years ago
Barcelona, Australia 5 275

La liga-------=Barcelona + Messi
EPL----------= Arsenal+De Bruyne
Serie A------=Juventus+Higuain
Ligue 1------=PSG + Di Maria
Bundesliga-= BVB + Muller

Amerr30 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

It's really debatable, and highly subjective. I don't see the point in listing this. The only way we could come to a consensus is if we compare stats and records.

For instance, in La Liga, for 6 seasons straight, Ronaldo has scored 50 or more goals every single year. In modern football, that stat alone is unheard of. Such consistency, and longevity at the very highest level is truly astonishing and if you asked anyone before he came along, they would tell you that it's impossible. That it would never happen.

Considering that, you would have to call him the absolute best in La Liga, Europe, and frankly the World.

HOWEVER.. You also have Messi, who is just simply irresistible. Who has been just as consistent, and does things that are just out of this World. He has some advantages over Ronaldo, and as well as some disadvantages. He's been part of a better and more successful team during this time. His short stature gives him better balance, and better dribbling ability while also at the same time, makes him a terrible target man for crosses. They've both had standout seasons when they've been better than the other.

Taking all this into account, to say either one of these players is better than the other would be bias, picking sides. It would be terribly subjective. Any sensible football fan will tell you simply that there is simply no such thing as 'the best player' in this era. We have been blessed with two best players, and their rivalry will go down in history as one of the greatest of all time.

I won't talk about the other leagues because in terms of level, prestige, ability, and consistency are a level below these two players, and the teams they play for. With perhaps the exception of Bayern Munich, but they have been regularly humbled by Spanish opposition in the latter stages of the top European competition.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's really debatable, and highly subjective. I don't see the point in listing this. The only way we could come to a consensus is if we compare stats and records.

For instance, in La Liga, for 6 seasons straight, Ronaldo has scored 50 or more goals every single year. In modern football, that stat alone is unheard of. Such consistency, and longevity at the very highest level is truly astonishing and if you asked anyone before they came along, they would tell you that it's impossible. That it would never happen.

Considering that, you would have to call him the absolute best in La Liga, Europe, and frankly the World.

HOWEVER.. You also have Messi, who is just simply irresistible. Who has been just as consistent, and does things that are just out of this World. He has some advantages over Ronaldo, and as well as some disadvantages. He's been part of a better and more successful team during this time. His short stature gives him better balance, and better dribbling ability while also at the same time, makes him a terrible target man for crosses. They've both had standout seasons when they've been better than the other.

Taking all this into account, to say either one of these players is better than the other would be bias, picking sides. It would be terribly subjective. Any sensible football fan will tell you simply that there is one best player in this era. We have been blessed with two best players, and their rivalry will go down in history as one of the greatest of all time.

I won't talk about the other leagues because in terms of level, prestige, ability, and consistency are a level below these two players, and the teams they play for. With perhaps the exception of Bayern Munich, but they have been regularly humbled by Spanish opposition in the latter stages of the top European competition.

For instance, in La Liga, for 6 seasons straight, Ronaldo has scored 50 or more goals every single year. In modern football, that stat alone is unheard of. Such consistency, and longevity at the very highest level is truly astonishing and if you asked anyone before he came along, they would tell you that it's impossible. That it would never happen.

Taking all this into account, to say either one of these players is better than the other would be bias, picking sides. It would be terribly subjective. Any sensible football fan will tell you simply that there is one best player in this era. We have been blessed with two best players, and their rivalry will go down in history as one of the greatest of all time.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Ridicolous that you all go with Atletico as top team in La Liga. If they were, that would mean they are the best team in the world. Well, they aren't. As simple as that. Of the last 8 h2h meetings with Barca, they have lost 7. best team in the world? No. I get that you are trying to be 'fair' and rote for the underdogs here. Some political correctness into the mix as well perhaps. I also like them a lot.

So here we go.

La Liga: Barcelona; Messi
EPL: City, Aguero
Bunderliga: Bayern, lewandowski
Serie A: Juventus, Higuain
Ligue 1: PSG, Zlatan

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@KTB

The last 8 h2h meetings spread over a long period of time. Atletico find it difficult to beat Barcelona because of their contrasting playing styles. Barcelona thrive in small spaces, which is just what Atletico use to suffocate opponents. As far as I'm concerned, Atletico beat Barcelona over two legs and would've beaten Real too if not for the off-side goal.

@Dynastian98

I fully agree with what you are saying. We are talking currently, not from years ago. And considering individual talent (which barcelona thrive on), its obvious to see that Atletico deserve more credit. But no doubting Barcelona and Real Madrid....They are class as well!!

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@dyn I hear you. But then again, Barcelona were big favorites to win that game, and would be so if they were to meat again. And obviously we're talking other scenarios other than Atletico-Barca too. If we would line up the top opponents for barca or Atletico to meet, Barca would most likely win both more games, as well as dominating more games. With that said, I do appreciate Atleticos fine tactics.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

How is Dybala best player in Serie A? You can't be serious with this pick.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why not? He has the potential to be the best player next season.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Dybala has a lot of potential sure, but so does Memphis. Potential does not always equal itself. In any case, if there is any league in the world where the defenders and goalkeepers are better than everyone else around them, it's Serie A.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Dude dybala was a fantastic player last season at that age, his potential is alot higher than memphis and in my opinion he will be the best player in the serie in the next season.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Dybala isn't even in the top three best players on his own team. And while that may change next season, I'd be surprised.