Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

what should Arsene Wenger do?
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

and if he goes who is the best replacement?

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He should quit right now, he has ruined his legacy.

This season is the biggest failure, you don't spend 110 million on strikers if you cannot get any good service for both, especially Aubameyang, he may be more clinical in front of goal but he is the one who is more dependant on services. Ramsey and Wilshere on their day are alright, but Xhaka has been total shit for a long time now.

Also not signing Salah was a mistake, we should have got him as soon as we had the chance.

And the way he handed Alexis Sanchez situation is the reason why we cannot win any games in 2018. After losing 3 1 and getting Aubameyang the players got cocky when they beat Everton. His comments after Sanchez left has come back to bite him.

Look at City, despite going on long winning run not once did they get cocky, they know they have achieved no PL as of yet, they still have Chelsea and United and Tottenham to play which surely will not be easy games, they will try their best to not slip up in those games, and they will try to compete in UCL. They are surely final material if they avoid Real or Bayern.

Best replacement? Antonio Conte 100%

He is a realistic manager, he may be negative towards his players like he was at Juventus but he is a manager with great experience. He can surely clean the mess at Arsenal and aim for a long term project, that's what I would like to see.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Get out of the club right now, jus making it worse for himself.

Clueless transfers past seasons.
Clueless performances.
Non-existing midfield along with the probably worst defence line in the league.

Before, when we weren't winning anything (like still), we were at least playing amazing offensive football, now we just pass it around like a clueless chickens and I have to tell you, I'm glad I missed Arsenal vs City. I can't even look at this football and this manager anymore.

The way Wenger asked the fourth official why he didn't give more stoppage time, was fucking over. Should have retired after FA Cup and go back to France. Instead of that he claims he wants to win the league missing on TOP5, missing on any CM/CM/CB transfer for 2 seasons straight. This club is in deep deep crap. I've been an Arsenal fan since kid, but this is non-watchable nonsense.

10 1583

@amir_keal, I would prefer getting fresh manager like julian nagelsmann or patrick viera. I don't know how the club should go. for example, should the club keep playing attacking football? or find a manager that will sort the defence and forget about playing the arsenal way?

@quikzyyy, sad he ruin his legacy. arsenal board always gets carried away that whenever we win something than it's back to square one / wenger in again. However, I don't see the club winning anything as of now.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

I really hope he either end up leaving the club or get fired. Yes, I know he's been there for a long time but both him and the club need change, he cannot remain there any longer. Football have changed and you cannot proceed the same way he has been doing recently. Transfer need to be smarter, the team need to understand the team instruction clearly and know what each player will do. Also, I would love to see someone like Tuchel, Allegri or even Low take over Arsenal. They all said they could be interested by the job as well. :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

thebaldgenius

fresh manager like julian nagelsmann or patrick viera

I personally disagree, I believe those guys need more time and consistency. A hierarchy must be climbed, just because you do well at a lesser team or are a great player at this club it doesn't mean you get automatic tickets as a manager.

find a manager that will sort the defence and forget about playing the arsenal way?

Well, it's kind of ironic, because we no longer play the same way we usually did. It's more stand and pray for a goal nowadays. Conte will surely fix the defense if he comes, no manager knows 3ATB more than him.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Amir Where does the Conte at Arsenal even come from though? Your the first to talk about it from what I seem to recall.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

find a manager that will sort the defence and forget about playing the arsenal way?

we are playing? I don't actually even know, I have missed last 4 matches (thankfully) for the first time in my life. I feel like there's just nothing positive at all, wasting 2 hours of life just to be depressed and mad, not worth it anymore.

10 1583

I mean if wenger is replaced, the club needs to decide how they want arsenal to play football. look at man utd, even though they are 2nd the fans are not satisfied with mou's static play

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I like old man for his loayalty because even after having sh&t In budget from board he stuck through the rain and thunder. If Arsenal board managed to give budget that Wenger needed to keep his core players that departed over the years and bring in world class additions then they would have been just fine now. Arsenal generates cash and then they sit on it which is bad for business. Cash of made substantially needs to be reinvested. Arsenal charges premium prices for their brand of Football entertainment but boards greed is just killing the goose that used to lay golden eggs.

Wenger shouldn’t stay anymore because he has poisoned the squad with his management and team doesn’t want to play for him anymore. New manager must come and maybe even interim manager until summer. And only in the summer team should make major reconstruction.

Here I laid entire strategy for the rivals now go on and use it 😄

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@amir: I think Conte to Arsenal makes sense. If the AFC board have had such patience with Wenger, they'll probably give Conte the time he'd need to transform the team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Maybe Arsenal should hire Conte?

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I mean if wenger is replaced, the club needs to decide how they want arsenal to play football. look at man utd, even though they are 2nd the fans are not satisfied with mou's static play

That's because United fans think that just because they're United they have some god-given right to play beautiful soccer and win the league every year. We've finished 7th, 4th, 5th, and 6th in the last four seasons, these idiots need a dose of reality. United could have very easily gone down the Arsenal path here. Thank f*ck we didn't.

@amir: I think Conte to Arsenal makes sense. If the AFC board have had such patience with Wenger, they'll probably give Conte the time he'd need to transform the team.

I thought his problem was with England as well as Chelsea? I was kind of expecting him to stay, but if he does leave my impression was that he'd return to Italy in some form.

As for Wenger, he's earned the right to see the season out. But if he doesn't resign, he will be fired before the next season starts. If all the Arsenal owners understand is money, and top 4 finishes were memes that provided money, Wenger was good. But now it's 2 years running they'll finish outside of top 4 and Wenger doesn't even appear to be fighting it.

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Sun:

I was kind of expecting him to stay, but if he does leave my impression was that he'd return to Italy in some form.

That does seem most likely. I'm just saying, I can see him being a fit for Arsenal's ambitions, if both parties fancy it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sun:
"I was kind of expecting him to stay, but if he does leave my impression was that he'd return to Italy in some form."

That does seem most likely. I'm just saying, I can see him being a fit for Arsenal's ambitions, if both parties fancy it.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Agreed, could happen if Chelsea sack him in a real nasty manner maybe? I would love it personally, but it propably unlikely.

By the way, its great to have both Lodatz and Sunflash on the forum, its so rare nowaday!

Marcus2011 6 years ago

If Wenger stays further and by miracle wins Europe league he should drop the microphone and leave right then there! With a boom!

10 1583

the decision has been made just like how the majority of the poll goes. sad to see him leave but I hope this will be a great change. the fans are happy the way it turns out, wenger can be peaceful with his decision. win win situation to end the long journey.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius After everything is said and done, its kind of sad to see him leave like that, I think it was the right choice but still. You can't be completely happy about seeing a long time manager like him leave. :(

Marcus2011 6 years ago

This means Arsenal are going all the way to win Europa League. Extra motivation.,