Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which a better generation spain or germany?
the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

a lot of ways to look at this;
for example, would you pick spain 2010 or germany 2014.
iniesta, xavi, busquets, villa or kroos, khedira, ozil, muller

feel free to discuss!!!

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I'd say Spain 2010 because that Spain side was so completely dominant from 2008 - 2012. Really was a golden generation.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Yeah, Spain's team that time showed no flaws in their tactics. A true example of a complete team.

Echo_R6 6 years ago
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Germany 14 all day everyday. Spain 08-12 was a fluke. In world cup 2010 they parked the bus against Germany and luckily won 1-0 similar in the final vs Netherlands had to rely on robben and other Dutch player to bottle chances and rely on casillas brilliance to only score an offside iniesta goal.

Germany 14 was class. They destroyed Portugal 4-0 and most importantly destroyed Brazil 7-1 in their backyard winning the biggest semi final in history. And should have destroyed argentina in the final 3-0 minimum

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Spain 08-12 was a fluke.

How so? You don't win three consecutive international tournaments as a fluke.

In world cup 2010 they parked the bus against Germany and luckily won 1-0 similar in the final vs Netherlands

That's a complete lie. Spain dominated possession against both the Dutch and Germany. If anything, it was their opposition that adopted a tight defensive formation in order to ride out the possession and live off counter-attacks. But Spain's excellent defense with Capdevila, Puyol, Pique, Ramos, and Casillas proved to be solid throughout the entire tournament.

Germany 14 was class.

Absolutely. They were fantastic.

They destroyed Portugal 4-0

Portugal were a garbage team. Moreover, Ronaldo was injured from late in the season with Real Madrid. You could tell because he wasn't running and he also had bandages wrapped around his thigh in both the Champions League final and the World Cup. Realistically, Portugal even with a healthy Ronaldo wasn't going to give Germany much trouble, especially not with Pepe being sent off in the first half. The Portugal game shouldn't be a measuring stick for German success.

most importantly destroyed Brazil 7-1 in their backyard

Well, Brasil shouldn't have gotten that far in the first place if it wasn't for favorable referee decisions against Chile and Colombia. But without Neymar and Thiago Silva, the mental frailty of the Brasilians was heavily exposed by the resilient Germans. It was an absolute masterclass, but that Brasil team was far too mentally weak without Neymar and Silva to ever deserve to be in the finals, and their performance against Germany, or lack thereof, is proof of that.

And should have destroyed argentina in the final 3-0 minimum

That game was very tight. I though a 1-0 scoreline was a fair reflection.

I think Spain have easily had the better Golden Generation. They had better quality than the Germans in damn near every position on the field, except maybe right-back as neither Arbeloa or Ramos were better right backs than Lahm. Although credit to the Germans as they have consistently produced high-quality talent over an extended period of time, and have also discovered winning formulas with each of those teams, and you can see it in their international tournament results from 2002-2017.

Another thing about the Spaniards that go underrated is their thorough understanding of their roles in the system. No player questioned their role (except maybe Torres), and they executed their gameplan effectively.

Their dominance was most visible in the midfield, where Xavi, Alonso, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, and Busquets wouldn't even let you sniff the ball. Complete and utter domination, and a heart-wrenching torture for the opposition as they watched Spain ping the ball around effortlessly for five minutes, are able win the ball from Spain off some rare misplaced pass or miscontrol, and then proceed to lose the ball almost instantly as a result of the Spanish pack-mentality pressure in defense, and then sweat from anticipation of spending the next five minutes in agony watching the ball be pinged around them for fun.

Easily the best national team I have seen. My most memorable game of that team was definitely their 4-0 drubbing of Italy in the Euro final.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Spain 08-12 was a fluke.

In world cup 2010 they parked the bus against Germany and luckily won 1-0 similar in the final vs Netherlands

That's a complete lie. Spain dominated possession against both the Dutch and Germany. If anything, it was their opposition that adopted a tight defensive formation in order to ride out the possession and live off counter-attacks. But Spain's excellent defense with Capdevila, Puyol, Pique, Ramos, and Casillas proved to be solid throughout the entire tournament.

Germany 14 was class.

Portugal were a garbage team. Moreover, Ronaldo was injured from late in the season with Real Madrid. You could tell because he wasn't running and he also had bandages wrapped around his thigh in both the Champions League final and the World Cup.

Well, Brasil shouldn't have gotten that far in the first place if it wasn't for favorable referee decisions against Chile and Colombia. But without Neymar and Thiago Silva, the mental frailty of the Brasilians was heavily exposed by the resilient Germans. It was an absolute masterclass, but that Brasil team was far too mentally weak without Neymar and Silva to ever deserve to be in the finals, and their performance against Germany, or lack thereof, is proof of that.

I think Spain have easily had the better Golden Generation. They had better quality than the Germans in damn near every position on the field, except maybe right-back as neither Arbeloa or Ramos were better right backs than Lahm. Although credit to the Germans as they have consistently produced high-quality talent over an extended period of time, and have also discovered winning formulas with each of those teams, and you can see it in their international tournament results from 2002-2017.

Spain 08-12 was a fluke.

Germany 14 was class.

Portugal were a garbage team. Moreover, Ronaldo was injured from late in the season with Real Madrid. You could tell because he wasn't running and he also had bandages wrapped around his thigh in both the Champions League final and the World Cup. Realistically, Portugal even with a healthy Ronaldo wasn't going to give Germany much trouble, especially not with Pepe being sent off in the first half. The Portugal game shouldn't be a measuring stick for German success.

Spain 08-12 was a fluke.

Germany 14 was class.

Another thing about the Spaniards that go underrated is their thorough understanding of their roles in the system. No player questioned their role (except maybe Torres), and they executed their gameplan effectively.

Their dominance was most visible in the midfield, where Xavi, Alonso, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, and Busquets wouldn't even let you sniff the ball. Complete and utter domination, and a heart-wrenching torture for the opposition as they watched Spain ping the ball around effortlessly for five minutes, win the ball off some rare misplaced pass or miscontrol, and then proceed to lose the ball almost instantly as a result of their pack-mentality pressure in defense, and then sweat from anticipation of spending the next five minutes in agony watching the ball be pinged around them for fun.

Easily the best national team I have seen. My most memorable game of that team was definitely their 4-0 drubbing of Italy in the Euro final.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Pretty much agree with Dy.
You can't call a team that dominated 3 international cups as a fluke. If anything Germany is more of a fluke given that they flopped every other international tournament besides the 2014 WC.
I don't think any national team managed to do what Spain did between 2008-2012.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Russia and South Korea are better generation

Marcus2011 6 years ago

On serious note GErmany 2014. Spain of 2010 won some controversial matches and there are good cases where they were more than just lucky.

Spain in 2008 final, also was lucky not have Silva send out with a red card when he deserved it by far.

In 2010, they didn’t award Ozil penalty if this game was played now VAR would have fixed that problem.

In the final of 2010 they dived their way to victories. Germany rarely dives if ever dives and works like a machine often with no controversial victories but clean and flawless.

Germany beat Brazil 7-1 and that my friends isn’t as easy as it looked.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Such a tough pick, but I will go with Spain in how they completely dominated. Dynastian98 said it very well!

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Germany won because for one tournament they were simply unstoppable. Spain won several tournaments due to not only fantastic players, but tactical innovations that changed how the very game is played. Whatever you think of those innovations, this speaks for itself.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The best spanish generation in their history that won Euro and World Cup title and that made Spanish teams dominate in Europe can top any other generation in recent times.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Tough choice...

I would go for Spain. But not only the generation, but all rounds included, the tactic helped massively.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Definitely Spain. I remember watching them and they were playing like the Barcelona's gold generation in 2008. That defense in both.. Probably the game of style matters most but Germany had a different tactics with the ones like Özil, Müller... Both succesful but will probably differ between people.

expertfootball11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Both of them were amazing, however they both seems to have run their course... speaking at the national teams of course.

Echo_R6 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Singapore 1 412

Fair enough

• History

Jimmy

Marcus2011 6 years ago

NO!! i am right you all wrong!!

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Both of these nations were inspired by the so overrated Pep :p Germany won something only after Spanish got an end of a cycle. So I’m going with Spain all the way.

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited

Cheeky tiki then where was Spain in 2006 and 2002? It was a same generation of players. I personally think in 2002 Italy and Spain got fcked majorily by referees so in 2006 and 2010 FIFA paid them back with titles. Refereeing was shameless in 2010! Complete utter disgrace entire tournament and Spain found themselves "lucky" way too many times. Conspiracy theory you might say but I don't believe in that. Germanys consistency in WC is second to none, and they don't dive, cry to referees, and get favors from referees. Yeah that ghost goal in 2010 against England was a big push but honestly we wouldn't have beat them even if it counted in.

Spain had some very controversial victories on the route to final. You can believe in fairy tale I believe in facts. Look at Pep ever since he got aboundend by referees, he cant catch a break In CL. Same tactics that Spain used don't work when spain doesn't get few decisions their way to let their football flow. It is like football world was sucking Spanish federations penis for everything that happened in 2002 and started to enjoy it

• History

Cheeky tiki then where was Spain in 2006 and 2002? It was a same generation of players. I personally think in 2002 Italy and Spain got fcked majorily by referees so in 2006 and 2010 WC paid them back with titles. Refereeing was shameless in 2010! Complete utter disgrace entire tournament and Spain found themselves "lucky" way too many times. Conspiracy theory you might say but I don't believe in that. Germanys consistency in WC is second to none, and they don't dive, cry to referees, and get favors from referees. Yeah that ghost goal in 2010 against England was a big push but honestly we wouldn't have beat them even if it counted in.

Spain had some very controversial victories on the route to final. You can believe in fairy tale I believe in facts. Look at Pep ever since he got aboundend by referees, he cant catch a break In CL. Same tactics that Spain used don't work when spain doesn't get few decisions their way to let their football flow. It is like football world was sucking Spanish federations penis for everything that happened in 2002 and started to enjoy it

tiki_taka 6 years ago

in 2006 they lost to France in an even game, France who could have lifted the cup loosing on pk...

I know your argumentation by heart, you have preferences, never change your mind, all what doesnt get into your side is eaither luck, ref, corruption, Alliens....

admitting things can be good sometimes. Spain played Pep's way from 2009 to 2014. thats a fact dont let me go into triangular passing videos, playing false nines or Villa near the line... i think you cant discuss much about tactics do you ?

Yesterday Lingard dived while having a yellow, Mcguire dived, they lost time and fell on the floor till they got punished. but since they are in your white list, it doesnt matter right ?

watch football by brain, not by emotions...

tiki_taka 6 years ago

NOT EVEN in international level, Spanish clubs are winning everything.... for so long now. luck or any other excuses have nothing to do, if its not Barca its Real, if its not real its Atleti or Sevilla, CL EL WC clubs Super Cups... we are in a Spanish domination Era, i though it sank in for seasons now...

Marcus2011 6 years ago

They pulled VAR on Zidane when it was illegal. The moment i saw that live I realized that game is being fixed. I don't think fixing the game always goes smooth but that night it went well.

Me and you both we never change. Cheers, but at least i don't i stay true to myself no matter what happens, yet you change like chameleon depending how it suits your self ego.

I always hated discussing tactics in details because they create long conversations and drawing that I simply have no time for because i have life outside of forum. I know my football well enough and I hope you won last night with my predictions, listen to me and i will make you rich ;)

Spains group games especially against Chille where Marco Estrada was sent off for complete BS. Look it up.

Spains offside goal against Portugal and then red card to kill the game completely because Portugal was pushing hard for equalizer.

Germany Ozils denied penalty clear as a day.

And the final was complete shame anyway. My point is proper VAR wouldn't have even let Spain get out of that group because Chile was bossing them even with 10 men!! I remember it like yesterday!