Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which champion would you rather have: Chelsea or Tottenham?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two? And why?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two?

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've resigned myself to the fact that United isn't on Chelsea level. At risk of triggering Lodatz, I have illogically not done the same for Spurs. Having Spurs as a champion would hurt me way more for that reason.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash XD Wouldn't mind seeing Lodatz drop on this thread and share is opinion to be fair. :D Still, as a neutral, seeing Tottenham winning it would be much more impressive and dramatic. But I must say that I feel Chelsea are more likely to win it.

• History

@Sunflash XD Wouldn't mind seeing Lodatz drop on this thread and share is opinion to be fair. :D Still, as a neutral, seeing Tottenham winning it would be much more impressive and dramatic. Still think Chelsea are more likely to win it.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

chelsea are the best team in the premier league atm. they deserve to win. spurs are too inconsistent and don't deserve to be in europe, they've had terrible performances both in the CL and EL. If they couldn't win last year when they were chasing leicester, they certainly can't win this year chasing chelsea. that being said, i'd rather see spurs as the winner, because of my dislike for chelsea (btw idc i don't even have a good reason for disliking them, i just don't like them. so don't start a roast about it, ight). **edit. i just saw that there was a "i really don't care option" - so yea. irdc.

• History

chelsea are the best team in the premier league atm. they deserve to win. spurs are too inconsistent and don't deserve to be in europe, they've had terrible performances both in the CL and EL. If they couldn't win last year when they were chasing leicester, they certainly can't win this year chasing chelsea. that being said, i'd rather see spurs as the winner, because of my dislike for chelsea (btw idc i don't even have a good reason for disliking them, i just don't like them. so don't start a roast about it, ight).

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Disagree with you about them not deserving to be in Europe, even though its hard for me to defend them. Still think Bayer Leverkusen, CSKA Moscow and Monaco can be very good team and tough to beat especially if your having poor form, are playing at a stadium that isn't your home one and if you player lack experience in european competition.

Aiden_Finland 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

I respect Chelsea it would be nice to see them as champions again but I would rather have Spurs winning the EPL they deserve it. Pochettino is a world class manager and Tottenham have a beautiful team spirit they play beautiful attacking and entertaining football which is the opposite of "Tony Pulis boring football tactics" :p .Looking at a team with no team spirit at the moment would be Arsenal for example where recently their players don't have passion and team spirit anymore (besides Koscielny).

• History

I respect Chelsea it would be nice to see them as champions again but I would rather have Spurs winning the EPL they deserve it. Pochettino is a world class manager and Tottenham have a beautiful team spirit they play beautiful attacking and entertaining football and I am not talking about the "Tony Pulis boring tactics" :p .Looking at a team with no team spirit at the moment would be Arsenal for example where recently their players don't have passion and team spirit anymore (besides Koscielny).

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Spurs because I like them much more. Simply they have a worldclass manager who will become probably best in future, talented players over all positions and play more exciting football.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Everyone in PL probably favours Chelsea, right?

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@croation yes because antonio conte isn't world class? And with exciting football u probably mean luck.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Mate, don't take it like a personal insults, everyone is welcome to have their opinion. Its his own preference.

@quikzyyy It seem not a lot EPL fan like Spurs after all. :( Never understood the hate.

@Aiden @Croatian No doubt Pochettino would deserve it, he is one of the most impressive young manager I know of for sure. Too bad Conte have been so impressive with Chelsea this season. ;)

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Just like @Sun I have also just accepted that United cannot be on the same level with this Chelsea side. But Tottenham, there's no reason for it, but it's just the mental attitude that I perceive them as "lower" than us. So seeing them win would be hard.

P.S. - Lodatz please don't read this.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

If I was neutral completely . I will still say Chelsea . Reasons is that Spurs pissed me off with their shameful performances in Europe ! Suddenly back home in EPL they have the bragging rights due being second in epl . I say something wrong with EPL if Spurs is second ! . I hope and I think They will crumble this month and it will be deservedly . If spurs wins EPL it will completely undermine our EPL competition ! What a joke that will be !!

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I say: meh.

If someone wants a champion who has been drenched in the money of a Russian oil gangster, which has periodically dropped out of the Top 6 despite being the richest club in the country, over a team who has barely half of their wage budget, with the youngest squad in the division, best defense (and also the best goal difference)...

...then so be it. I can't make someone grow a footballing soul, damnit. ;)

In all seriousness though, for as much as Tottenham were painted as somehow the Bad Guys in last year's title race, it should be noted that Spurs are (for the time being, which could change) behind only one team going into the final two months for the second season in a row, and both of those seasons the team above us had zero European football to distract them and wear down their squad. Personally, I'd take that as a sign that Spurs deserve to be there, and were it not for Chelsea getting off totally free from mid-week duties, Spurs might even have been 1st.

Let's look at the points earned by each of the Top 6 teams (plus Leicester) over the course of the last two seasons (that is: this season so far, and last season):

enter image description here

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, I think maybe there's just been an innocent error in judgement. :)

Oh, but Marcus, I'll take a nibble at this:

Reasons is that Spurs pissed me off with their shameful performances in Europe !

Oh WTF-ever, mate. Your lot didn't even make it to Europe, because your players were too busy kicking out the best manager you've ever had. And didn't you get dumped out of the CL rather unceremoniously last season, too, during the same time period?

I say something wrong with EPL if Spurs is second !

I say there's something wrong with football if a bunch of spoiled brats can get their coach fired, make their club (and its fans) a laughing-stock, and then pop back up with no mid-week distractions to suddenly start playing again. And then their fans cheer them on for it.

But hey, different strokes for different folks, right? Me, I feel a bit more proud of what Tottenham have done, considering we're the ones who have truly tried to emulate the success of Spanish canteras, bringing some class to the PL with, I repeat, the youngest team (by almost a whole year and a half on average) in the contest.

You just poached N'golo Kante and gave Hazard a pay-rise. :p

Bantz, innit?

• History

I say: meh. Really boys?

If youse guys want a champion who has been drenched in the money of a Russian oil gangster, which has periodically dropped out of the Top 6 despite being the richest club in the country, over a team who has barely half of their wage budget, with the youngest squad in the division, best defense (and also the best goal difference)...

...then so be it. I can't make someone grow a soul. ;)

In all seriousness though, for as much as Tottenham were painted as somehow the Bad Guys in last year's title race, it should be noted that Spurs are (for the time being, which could change) behind only one team going into the final two months for the second season in a row, and both of those seasons the team above us had zero European football to distract them and wear down their squad. Personally, I'd take that as a sign that Spurs deserve to be there, and were it not for Chelsea getting off totally free from mid-week duties, Spurs might even have been 1st.

Let's look at the points earned by each of the Top 6 teams (plus Leicester) over the course of the last two seasons (that is: this season so far, and last season):

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, I just shrug. It's not my business if they want to get things wrong. :)

Reasons is that Spurs pissed me off with their shameful performances in Europe !

Oh WTF-ever, mate. Your lot didn't even make it to Europe, because your players were too busy kicking out the best manager you've ever had. And didn't you get dumped out of the CL rather unceremoniously last season, too, during the same time period?

I say there's something wrong with football if a bunch of spoiled brats can get their coach fired, make their club (and its fans) a laughing-stock, and then pop back up with no mid-week distractions to suddenly start playing again. And then their fans cheer them on for it.

But hey, different strokes for different folks, right? Me, I feel a bit more proud of what Tottenham have done, considering we're the ones who have truly tried to emulate the success of Spanish canteras, bringing some class to the PL, with I repeat the youngest team in the contest.

You just poached N'golo Kante and gave Hazard a pay-rise.

Bantz, innit?

If youse guys want a champion who has been drenched in the money of a Russian oil gangster, which has periodically dropped out of the Top 6 despite being the richest club in the country, over a team who has barely half of their wage budget, with the youngest squad in the division, best defense (and also the best goal difference)...

...then so be it. I can't make someone grow a footballing soul. ;)

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, I just shrug. It's not my business if they want to get things wrong. :)

But hey, different strokes for different folks, right? Me, I feel a bit more proud of what Tottenham have done, considering we're the ones who have truly tried to emulate the success of Spanish canteras, bringing some class to the PL, with I repeat the youngest team in the contest.

Bantz, innit?

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, or if someone wants Spurs to fail because they want to go on beliecing that Spurs haven't surpassed them, I just shrug.

It's not my business if people want to make mistakes. :)

Bantz, innit?

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, or if someone wants Spurs to fail because they want to go on believing that Spurs haven't surpassed them, I just shrug; I tend not to worry about the mistakes of others. :)

Bantz, innit?

So when someone says that Spurs are too inconsistent, for instance, I just shrug; I tend not to worry about the mistakes of others. :)

Bantz, innit?

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Spurs got a poor start of the season with many draws, if it wasn't the case they would have won it this season.
They do not rely on one player, i thought Kane injury would hurt them, it didn't and they dominated most of H2H with other supposed contenders. Makes them deserving winners but as a matter of fact, call me mister obvious, the champs are the ones on top after 38 games...

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

spurs 110%

+1 lodatz

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I'd rather have a champion that is not an absolute embarrassment in European competitions

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea is better this season so I pick them.
Lodatz is just manipulating with stats because last season Spurs were the runner up, if he was to count points in the last 10 it still wouldn't make Spurs better thi single season so far.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Don't want a club that lost to gent to be the champion of england lol

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@chelsea8 hahahahahahahha ,savage man
I agree , and i want to see Contes celebration !! I like Pochettino alot, but Conte has really set himself up to take the Epl in his first season, which is pretty remarkable considering only 8 other coaches have ever lifted the trophy.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Lodatz is just manipulating with stats because last season Spurs were the runner up,

Presenting you with stats is not the same as manipulating stats. The stats clearly show that Spurs have been the best team in England over the last 2 seasons. There's no point denying it, unless you have a particular reason to. :)

That doesn't change the fact that we're 2nd this season, it just shows that Chelsea were absolute shi.t last season. And now some of you would rather have that team become champions again, because, you have short memories and hearts of plastic.

Why not? We did lose on purpose after all, to 'keep up' with the teams who (like yours) didn't even manage to qualify for Europe at all last season, and who were themselves an embarrassment to the PL in the CL.

You're just all breathing a sigh of relief because your super-rich club managed to not fuc.k it up again this year, and now all the famous Chelsea arrogance which we know and love has suddenly returned with a vengeance. ;)

Such is football.

• History

Lodatz is just manipulating with stats because last season Spurs were the runner up,

Presenting you with stats is not the same as manipulating stats. The stats clearly show that Spurs have been the best team in England over the last 2 seasons. There's no point denying it, unless you have a particular reason to. :)

That doesn't change the fact that we're 2nd this season, it just shows that Chelsea were absolute shi.t last season. And now some of you would rather have that team become champions again, because, well, because you lack a footballing soul.

Why not? We did lose on purpose after all, to 'keep up' with the teams (like yours) who didn't even manage to qualify for Europe at all least season.

You're just all breathing a sigh of relief because your super-rich club managed to not fuc.k it up again this year, and now all the famous Chelsea arrogance which we know and love has suddenly returned with a vengeance. ;)

Such is football.

That doesn't change the fact that we're 2nd this season, it just shows that Chelsea were absolute shi.t last season. And now some of you would rather have that team become champions again, because, you have short memories and hearts of plastic.

Why not? We did lose on purpose after all, to 'keep up' with the teams (like yours) who didn't even manage to qualify for Europe at all least season.

Such is football.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hahahah embarrassment in europe? We lost to a strong psg team and atleast we won the champions league and always manage to go to the knock out stages lol

Also chelsea doesn't fu*ck up because we have winner mentality unlike spurs who got knocked out by gent lmao

Spurs fans act with arrogance even tho they havent managed to win the league in over 50+ years hahahah.

• History

Hahahah embarrassment in europe? We lost to a strong psg team and atleast we won the champions league and almost manage to go to the knock out stages lol

Also chelsea doesn't fu*ck up because we have winner mentality unlike spurs who got knocked out by gent lmao

Spurs fans act with arrogance even tho they havent managed to win the league in over 50+ years hahahah.

Discussion Closed