Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which champion would you rather have: Chelsea or Tottenham?
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two? And why?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who would you rather have as EPL champion this year between those two?

Comments
Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

And now, adieu!

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Says " i look to the future and not the past" but then keeps talking about last season lmao

Calling me "moron" because chelsea is superior to tottenham lol.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

I call you moron because your arguments are dumb, your typing is terrible, your attitude is disrespectful, and because you don't realize that the players you are now cheering on made you the joke of the league last year.

If you're so superior, then why did you need a year off from playing mid-week to get back up from 10th?

Moron. ;)

• History

If you're so superior, then why did you need a year off from playing mid-week to get back up from 10th?

Moron. ;)

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well imo, with Carrasco and co, last year Monaco were strong too... Leverkusen and CSKA were affordable rivals, i just think that Spurs are more comfortable against teams that direct play British way, less comfortable with Latin style teams.
The post is a subjective one, therefore none is right or wrong... wich champion would you rather have ? As a neutral I'm from the ones who do not really care, as long as the champ has more points than the 2nd... not Really new.
Resuming Spurs to European display is a kind of banter to what have been said about Chelsea before, i don't think anyone take credit from their league compain. But ignoring Europeen experience is the same thing opposite way...

Chelsea may have benefited by the fact they didn't have to worry for CL games and also from the hunger of erasing previous awful season, but other teams may benefit from other circumstances...
At the end champs are the one with most points, i prefer looking at it with pragmatism, because other way may turn subjective in a discussion where none is wrong...

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

wich team is having the best final race ? Tottenham.
Wich team is having best start ? Chelsea.
Wich one have won the debate from Chelsea or Spurs fans, i would tend to give a draw. All arguments are valid...

If the thread was like, would Spurs be deserving winners if they win the answer is obviously yes. Problem is that Chelsea are too. We aren't in a season where the winner is the one who lost less, we clearly have two teams doing the job for once.

enter image description here

• History

Wich team is having the best final race ? Tottenham.
Wich one have won the debate from Chelsea or Spurs fans, i would tend to give a draw. All arguments are valid...

If the thread was like, would Spurs be deserving winners if they win the answer is obviously yes. Problem is that Chelsea are too. We aren't in a season where the winner is the one who lost less, we clearly have two teams doing the job for once.

enter image description hereWich team is having the best final race ? Tottenham.

enter image description hereWich team is having the best final race ? Tottenham.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Im in the mood of sharing stats even if i don't base my opinion fully on it...

From Lodatz perspective, i can say Chelsea got lucky to see Spurs struggling in the start of the season.
From a Chelsea fan perspective I can say that Chelsea did the job since the start and managed the lead brilliantly...

From the neutral way we can say that if Chelsea lost points du to a European compain, it could have been closer and Chelsea should thank Spurs for making the league exciting till the end, at the opposite Spurs reached full strength in the money time, came from the back and secured with ease 2nd spot, and now starting to hunt the last remaining spot with Usain Bolt speed finish.

Well done to both teams. Both deserve.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hahahah a 37 year old guy acting like a 12 year old, he has never seen tottenham win anything lmao.
Can't win an argument so starts insulting hahahah.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

No personal attack please.

@Lodaz: please dont go too far. You made some great points but some are invalid. Spur has been excellent this season, but evryone knows that Chelsea is better. Whether or not its due to the help of NOT playing in CL is debatable. Other years they played in both leagues and they reached certain success which your team failed to.

I would personally prefer Spur to win purely from EPL point if view, and Chelsea from general points of view, especially from Spur's recenr performance on European level which was emberrassing (somewhat represent EPL).

You guys are still lucky, MU is no freakin where to be seen and thats embarrassing.

Wolfie 7 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@ Lod Yeah don't take it the wrong way old pal. You got a great team but the players you mentioned won those titles in low coefficient leagues. Equivalent to winning the championship.. Anyway I hope to see Spurs sign world class talent and have their own era of titles.

You guys are doing really well.

• History

@ Lod Yeah don't take it the wrong way old pal. You got a great team but the players you mentioned won those titles in low coefficient leagues. Equivalent to winning the championship.. Anyway I hope to see Spurs sign world class talent and have their own era of titles.

You guys are doing really well. :)

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@ lodats and Golazo

You guys both have good point

Spurs are seriously challenging for the title last two years. Other teams not so much , so perhaps Spurs are exploiting the void. However

you cannot truly believe that they lost to gent on purpose over two legs. the aggregate was 3-3.... i mean

anyways Spurs having a great season!

Who knows they could still win technically.

Also gotta respect spurs transfer policy and youth development

A lot of talent coming out of there, past and present

Instead, your only argument is: "Hur hur Gent", and you try to act as though we're something to be ashamed of, when in fact we're the Atletico Madrid of the Premier League.

I don'tt see spurs as the ateltico of La liga i see them more as the Roma of Seria A

but maybe thats just me.

for the main reason

Atleti dominates in europe while tottenham and roma dont

EDIT : also atleti has won the la liga , europa and Ucl runner up twice , so that comparison is laughable

• History

@ lodats and Golazo

Spurs are seriously challenging for the title last two years. Other teams not so much , so perhaps Spurs are exploiting the void. However

you cannot truly believe that they lost to gent on purpose over two legs. the aggregate was 3-3.... i mean

I don'tt see spurs as the ateltico of La liga i see them more as the Roma of Seria A

but maybe thats just me.

for the main reason

@ lodats and Golazo

but maybe thats just me.

for the main reason

EDIT : also atleti has won the la liga , europa and Ucl runner up twice , so that comparison is laughable

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@tiki_taka Brillant stuff sir, agreed with what you said. ;) +1

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@goleftright: spot on +1.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

There is no luck in EPL . I used to think the same way . " IF " only we had a good start "if" .. shit we were "best " team in 2013-2014 but did we win the league ? or back in 06-07 , we were "unlucky " .. the only problem I can see if i see referees influencing outcomes and have been unfair . Which is totally not the case for Spurs .

RonanLFC 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 1 10

Tottenham, but they won't.
Mainly because Chelsea stopped LFC winning it in '14 and were once managed by Mourinho.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

RonalLFC??? I dont get it

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Tuan His name is RonanLFC, and yeah, I don't get it either. I'm guessing he is sore about what happened then, can't completely blame him even if this doesn't have anything to do with Chelsea winning this time around.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Looks like Tottenhams chances are slowly improving, What a great season pochettino is having and this is looking like the start of a title race. But before these two teams can worry about that they have a semi final in the fa cup to worry about

As a neutral fan this couldnt be more entertaining

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

tuan_jinn and Emobot7

What he is trying to say is that he wants Tottenham to win the league, but they won't because in 2014 Chelsea stopped Liverpool from winning the league. They were also once managed by Mourinho. so he is trying to establish that the players have experienced stricter managers who can be harsh, so they won't throw it away.

Golefty

Lol, the funniest thing was that I made a thread like 4 months ago saying Tottenham should be considered title contenders. Maybe now people uinderstand.

• History

tuan_jinn and Emobot7

What he is trying to say is that he wants Tottenham to win the league, but they won't because in 2014 Chelsea stopped Liverpool from winning the league. They were also once managed by Mourinho. so he is trying to establish that the players have experienced stricter managers who can be harsh, so they won't throw it away.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Amir Well, I for one alway agreed with you on this. Spurs are the best chance we get to have a title race like Golefty said it before.

@Golefty Can't wait for that semi final game.

Lodatz 6 years ago

@tuan:

You made some great points but some are invalid. Spur has been excellent this season, but evryone knows that Chelsea is better.

Care to reconsider what "everyone knows"?

Discussion Closed