Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which players deserve more playtime for their national teams?
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Hello guys, I got idea of this and researching a bit I can confirm that there is plenty of players who are doing well for clubs but were never capped on international level or were constantly ignored. So here are few of them, and if you get someone to your mind please write them down in comments.

Steven N'Zonzi - still uncapped for France, although he is in country filled with midfielders I still think he would work well in midfield Kante-N'Zonzi-Pogba. It isn't even matter of system, he can play in both 4atb and 3atb, so I don't see any problems with him. Especially considering he's been on brilliant form for Sevilla.

Domenico Berardi - I think he would be perfect fit on the right wing on Italy, along with Bernardeschi. I prefer Italy in 3-4-3 so they obviously will play more defensive player in wingback/RM role. But I don't see any clear reason why Berardi isn't capped.

Suso - almost same situation as Berardi's, just a little difference - Spain is filled with wingers on the right side. Pedro, Callejon, Vazquez, Castillejo, Sarabia, Falque, Williams... But only player here I think is better than Suso is Callejon and he's on arguably same level with Pedro. Also uncapped.

Anthony Modeste - he is far better than Giroud and I don't understand how Deschamps can't figure out Modeste would be better as striker than Giroud. He has everything Giroud has. Also he is better in control, first touch, strenght - Giroud is only better in heading perhaps.

Ralf Fahrmann - completely ignored by Germany, he is already 28 and is two seasons in a row best GK in Germany after Neuer (through time also better than Neuer, especially in 2015/16). Still isn't choice before Leno.

Lucas Toreira - I found out this and was in shock, I think he would be perfect for Uruguay especially if they used 4-4-2 system. Been best player in Sampdoria this season.

And a bunch of players who were also ignored but I'm too lazy to write about every so here it is: Icardi, Herrera, Felipe Anderson, Fabinho, Rico, Lopes, Ward-Prowse, Acerbi etc.

Comments
Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Diego Alves, the so called penalty expert from Valencia. Such an underrated gk at international level in my opinion.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@Yvan, absolutely agree. Imo he is better than Alisson and that 3rd goalkeeper (can't remember the name), also could be useful like the Dutch keepers if Ederson is first choice (I'm referencing to Netherlands - Costa Rica game and goalkeeper sub).

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Your thinking about Tim Krul. :P But yeah, Diego Alve could be the goalkeeper version of a super-sub changed at the last minute just before a penality shoot-out. :)

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Ander Herrera definitely and also Filipe Luis, Rashford, Gabriel Barbosa.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Laporte is a good one I think of, certainly better than Varane and Rami, and just ahead of Umtiti. Should play with big Laurent imo.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Filipe Luis is probably the one that pops up in my mind the most.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@OnceABlue Ander Herrera is so worth a mention here. Great passer and superb at defending, would be a great fit to the spanish national team.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Donnarumma also maybe although you could never leave Buffon out!!