Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which players from your club has played far better than you expected them too?
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

However well or badly the club you support has been faring, there must be at least one player who has played exceptionally better than you expected them too. Whether it is one player who you thought might be the weak link to your strong new side, or even a player you thought would never start in the starting line-up, each club has a player outperforming what many expect ed of them.

At Chelsea we are spoilt for choice, with at least 3 players who have been playing better than I ever expected.

1. Marcos Alonso - a relatively low profile signing who has proved to be a crucial player in the team, running up and down the wings tirelessly.

2. David Luiz Although loved by many fans, Luiz was not our first choice target for defence and many thought his 'generous' defending would cost us mean we conceded many goals. Well, we have the most clean sheets in the league and a 6 match run of clean sheets.

3. Victor Moses Never fully appreciated by Mourinho, Moses was loaned out for the the three previous seasons. Although I never thought anything bad of him, I never expected that he would a player who would become a crucial part of our turnaround in fortunes, starting every week and playing such exciting football. I would never have guessed at the beginning of the season that telegraph.co.uk would rate him as the best player in the PL in November.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/01/ranking-20-best-players-premier-league-november-2016/victor-moses/
Comments
SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Umtiti - Has been an amazing defender all season long thus far.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Phil Jones. Who the hell saw that coming.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Jones is such a warrior

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Last years surprise was weigle and pulisic, and they are still in great form, this year is hard to pick between dembele, guerriero, mor,

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I've never doubted any of our players' talents, but I'm surprised how well Conte has got them playing together.

Every player has been at his best over these last eight games.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I've never doubted any of our players' talents, but I'm surprised how well Conte has got them playing together.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Agree with Legends16 and also think Azpi has done really well in adapting to being part of a back three but am still impressed how he manages to get forward and support the midfield as well!!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Marco Asensio, Alvaro Morata, Mateo Kovacic

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Pedro .. and Luiz .. big surprises honestly ..

louis_van_gaal 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

Fellaini

Aiden_Finland 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Casemiro, Vazquez and Asensio

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Performing worst than expected:

• Zlatan
  • Rashford
  • Blind

Performing better than expected:

• Herrera
  • Bailly
  • Valencia (lately)
  • Jones
cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

After Bruma come back to the us I was not expecting more things from him. Bruma is so effective. I think He deserve to play at a better team. Contrary to expectations Bruma is doing good jobs.
Podolski plays at him average. But in cases where the team need to his help He can show his ability.
Selçuk is out of his form He is surprised me. He gat worse than expected

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Eric Bailly obviously. He was phenomenal in August, adapting so well to the PL and winning our Player of the Month award. If not for the injury to him I genuinely think he would have been of much help on that one day we travelled to Stamford Bridge recently.....

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

SUAREZ

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Definitively add Pedro to that list.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'm actually pretty disappointed with Ancelotti, but there are two players who suprised me in a positive way: Ribery (didn't think he will get so well with us, deadly on the wing and our leader in assists) and Thiago (unbeliveable pass accuracy rate which could be compared with best players in Europe).

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Walcott
Ospina
Gibbs
Gabriel at rb
Mustafi
Xhaka

leo_cowie_liverpool 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 0 7

Hi Pierre!!....
Right-for Liverpool I will deffo say Mane. With Matip a close second, especially when he cost us nothing...

For Middlesbrough...there is a lot...Adam Forshaw was their fourth choice midfielder at the start, and I did not even notice Adama Troare had joined us!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@leo You support both Liverpool and Middlebrough? Interesting. ;)