Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which Premier League club will go the farthest in the CL?
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golazo You are right, the good point from that is at least, we're sure one of them will be playing in the semi. :D

@raimondo City need to beat Liverpool first and suprisingly, it might be easier said that done! :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo You are right, the good point from that is at least, we're sure one of them will be playing in the semi. :D

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No one sleep on Liverpool though. I know they're not that good defensively but if Leicester reached the furtherest last year I don't see why Liverpool or anyone else can't.

LOL after that, I think Liverpool has earned everyone’s respect here. Well done to them!

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

depends on the team they are playing. the only team that can counter them is bayern. the reason is as simple as jupp heynckes have setup team to play long passes in the past when bayern meets barca. teams that like to play from the back like madrid and barca would hope to avoid liverpool. only one counter, it's high chance of making it to final.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@baldgenius Thats an interesting analysis though Liverpool is still somewhat inconsistent so even if they make it to the semi, there is the risk they put one bad performance somewhere along the way and that this somehow punish them. :(

@amir Yep. Though I still believe City can also blame themselve, especially on the first goal.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I’ve said I’m putting a coin on Liverpool, maybe not in this thread. Anyway in semifinals CL will become unpredictable, could watch a classic RM/Barca vs Bayern, or even a Clasico which would Ben amazing for us :)

The strikeforce of Liverpool hides the defensive weaknesses, and Salah makes them less exposed because mids won’t go all in attack. They stand a chance the moment Salah is fielded.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

still looking where i predicted Liverpool going far lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

I still remember you did at one point anyway. :P

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Klopp shouldnt have rested Salah, Eusebio ( Roman coach ) reacted very well to Mo substitution. Fielding Perotti and Gonalons instead of Juan and De Rossi, the duty of the left flank was reduced defensively they got Kolarov upfront plus fresh Perotti and then Roma scored...
This is what I’m talking about, Salah without scoring have a direct impact on the rival side, his only presence makes his team less exposed to rival attacks. X factor for a reason.
Thankfully for them Huge part of the job was already made 5-0 at 70th, if it wasn’t then a single detail would have impacted their CL compain.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't know when did Tiki put his vote here but either way he is among maybe 7-8 people that voted before this stage of the CL, gratz to all of you.

Just point out once again here as well, the last European Cup final that Real Madrid lost was 1980/81 against Liverpool, after that they won 6 finals in a row. If nothing changes and Liverpool meets Real Madrid maybe history repeats itself again.

Salah doesn't play 90 min anymore in CL due to fatigue or potential injury I guess but in the potential Final, Klopp should keep him the whole game even if they are leading 4:0.

It's still amazing how far did Liverpool go in CL IMO because their defense is really shaky and the midfield doesn't really have someone that can change the flow of the game like other teams at this stage but they will have a good chance to knock down Real Madrid from the throne because in an open game full of space and many chances anything can happen and Real Madrid players can lose their cool.

If Bayern turns it around and goes to the Final with Liverpool, I think that matchup would be very hard to predict since Klopp lost the last time against Bayern when he took Dortmund to the CL Finals.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Not in this thread, don’t remember when I ve said it in group stage complicated to find the thread... whatever...
Klopp has good H2H result vs Madrid, Reds can compensate their obvious lack of experience at this level with going all in attack.
Madrid force is their ability to control the ball, they have joga bonito players everywhere from defense to midlefield even on the bench, they absorb rival momentum. We can compare this game to a boxing one with Madrid being holder champion with control and experience, facing a young puncher able to put a KO to everyone but obliged to get luck score first and get the perfect game...
Not rulling other semifinalists yet, but if reds meet Madrid, they will be clear underdogs, but Salah/Klopp moment of brilliance can change the expected outcome.
I personally think Bayern is the last complicated step for Real.