Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which style of football would you like to see come back?
Bestiainmunda 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Peru 2 188

There are many ways to play the beautiful game, many of which have lived and gone with time. Sports Science, Money in the game, and the plain extinction of a school are just some of the factors that have made the game go through time.

However, if you could bring back a style of play that you like or one that you personally believe is the most effective way of playing football, which one would it be and what modern team and manager would you like to see display it.

Yohan Cruyff's total football in the 70s? Leicester city's long ball football in 2015/16? Inter's original catenaccio? Hungary's WM formation?
Whats your pick?

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Where players played like men and didn't fall or exaggerate at every single contact. Diving, acting, cheating all have to go.

I do miss the old 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I kind of want to see the classic 4-4-2 formation in action again, where football use to be less tactical and game results were purely based on brute strength and technique.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Would love to see Hungary's WM formation in action again... would need a daring manager though to try it!

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

A good hacking CDM would get my rocks off.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Late comebacks anyday...when the team is 2 nil down at half time and they completely destroy opposition in the second half with constant attacking pressure an win 3-2 late on...basically want fergie time back

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The Roma under Capello: 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 and a swift change during the game to 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 was a pleasure to watch.